Anna Dello Russo (January 2008 - September 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
those peekaboo dolce & gabbana getups she's been sporting scare me :P

i just kind of think of her as a cartoon...
that helps me cope :lol:

i just kind of think of her as a cartoon...
that helps me cope :lol:

I agree that she doesn't always look perfect (well, who does?) but I appreciate her obvious passion and enthusiasm for fashion. She seems to have an incredible sense of humor and I think she knows that she is a bit of a cartoon. I find her lack of pretense refreshing.

I also love that she is a collector, an archivist of beautiful things. :heart:

She has the most amazing collection of sunglasses, and I love the mirrored lenses on so many of them - unique! I would love to know who makes the pair in #1225.

I think the people complaining about her wearing runway looks completely miss the point. Anna has already addressed that: she wears runway looks because they are already perfectly styled.

She has never pretended to be a trend setter or a particularly 'original' dresser. Her whole style, and even lifestyle, is a love letter to fashion. Her statement isn't: 'I am unique because I look like nobody else', it's 'I love fashion with every fiber of my being, and that's what makes me unique'.
And it's not just about money either: not every woman with a large bank account has her dedication, her gumption, her daring or her eye.
I love to watch her because her dedication to fashion is mind-blowing, her sense of humour and self-awareness (she knows she how ridiculous she sometimes looks, she just doesn't care) makes her very appealing. To me she's just a barrel of fun.
most of what she wears doesn't physically look good on her, never mind the dressing-age-appropriately issue.
I completely disagree with the first part (just the three last looks posted, I think she pulls them off better than the runway model) and the last part is irrelevant.
Anna isn't an ofiice worker, a First Lady or a elementary school teacher, she can dress however young she wants. All that matters is whether she has the body and the swagger to pull her outfits off.
I think she definitely does.

BTW, this is the first time I ever saw Anna. Love at first sight:

thesartorialist.blogspot.com

no, anna dello russo definitely has great personal style. she does tend to wear full-fledged runway looks, but the way she accessorizes those outfits takes them to an entirely different level. take for example that rodarte dress: most people wouldn't match it with the prada chandelier sandals and the lanvin snake jewelry, but she did so....and she did so fabulously.

I totally agree, I love Anna's style, yes she copies the clothes from the runway but the way she put the outifts together with her accessorize is amazing. She has the best collection of jewellery, handbags, shoes etc. She also wears the clothes that you don't see so many other wearing in the fashion industry... And I personally love to see the runway clothes on a real person, not just a model.

Here Anna took the Chloé blouse and matched it with a skirt, pink shoes, green earings and a black/gold Louis Vuitton bag, it's not copied just right of the runway, she made the blouse look great, much better than the Chloé runway styling.
chloe.jpg

redcarpet-fashionawards.com

One of my favourite styles of Anna, it looks so fresh with the red necklace, ray ban sunglasses, and gold shoes, jewellery... She really made this outfit as Anna.
dolce.jpg

Anna in Mary Katrantzou, I like how she took the dress and made it so fresh and chic, with the jewellery and shoes.

mary-katrantzou.jpg

Celine pants, I really like how Anna made the pants look like her style with the yellow bag, sunglasses, necklace, for me she made it so much better in on her than the runway look..
celine.jpg

annadellorusso.com

Jil Sander, dosen't even look like the same runway outfit after Anna styled it.
annainjilsander.jpg

annadellorusso.com

Dolce & Gabbana, love the idea of the red underwear showing, her necklace and leopard shoes/bag... Anna once again made the runway look to her style..

anna_dello_russo_dolce__gabbana.jpg

annadellorusso.com

and I have much more examples like this if u wanna see, but too me Anna is not someone that just copies runway looks, she makes them look like Anna!
annatiedyedress.jpg

twitter.com/annadellorusso

I don't wanna go off topic and get my comments deleted but I agree with you guys,Bryanboy is just another attention wh*re on the net,his pursuit is just to wear women clothes and act like a little fashionable girl to get some press and blog attention,while he does not anything about fashion
Of course now he's famous because he was actually the first to open a blog and get internet coverage,of course designers use them just to get even more attention and to influence people to buy clothes,do you think Dolce & Gabbana would have ever contacted Bryanboy if he wasn't having up to 20.000 views a day of his blog? :lol:

karma to u, he annoys the hell out of me, s useless

i LOVE Anna, she seems so sweet
so what if she wears the same thing that s on the runway, they re there to be worn and if they re put together the way they are then they can be worn like that. plus her accessories are always on point s she basically make the outfits hers

I completely disagree with the first part (just the three last looks posted, I think she pulls them off better than the runway model) and the last part is irrelevant.
Anna isn't an ofiice worker, a First Lady or a elementary school teacher, she can dress however young she wants. All that matters is whether she has the body and the swagger to pull her outfits off.
I think she definitely does.

I guess ADR's style has a polarizing effect on viewers then. Some love it, others hate it.

For me, her outfits are most of the time TOO MUCH. I enjoy the pieces she chooses individually (she has a wonderful eye for accessories), but when the pieces are put together, the outfit becomes a haphazard, incongruous mess. There is no coherence to her styling; no item complements the other items; everything clashes horribly and comes off as an eye sore.

Take for example the Chloe outfit. You have a caramel Chloe top, then a bright red-orange feathered skirt, then peach-pink heels, then a turquoise necklace, and finally a black-and-gold LV bag. I don't know where to look first. She might as well drape a hot pink feather boa over herself.

Also, I don't think dressing age-appropriately is a rule that only applies to certain professions.

As I've said before, I think ADR has a talent for choosing creative and unique pieces. Personally, I wish to see those pieces packaged together more coherently, but some people love her haphazard styling - so to each their own.

Anna t-shirts ?

frontstyle

They were a special collaboration to celebrate the 10th anniversary of yoox.com, but they were sold out within a day :(

marjanthelion just fyi all the pictures were posted a couple of pages back :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
For me, her outfits are most of the time TOO MUCH. I enjoy the pieces she chooses individually (she has a wonderful eye for accessories), but when the pieces are put together, the outfit becomes a haphazard, incongruous mess. There is no coherence to her styling; no item complements the other items; everything clashes horribly and comes off as an eye sore.
Those are the exact words I would use to describe the style of Miroslava Duma :lol:.

But I'm very happy to agree to disagree with you about Anna.

Anna has explained over and over again why she wears runway looks, and I don't see anything wrong with that, as her personality outshines her outfit, and she makes everything she wears "her own". Anna wears the clothes and not the opposite way as occurs with many "celebrities" :smile:ninja:smile:. Sometimes I even prefer her outfit over the shown on the runway, for example the pink Valentino HC dress she wore recently, I didn't care about it on the runway but on Anna...it was a different story :wub: I loved how she paired it with turquoise earrings and Prada heels, she looked superb!

Harumi I loved that outfit too, her Undercover skirt :wub:. The first outfit that I ever saw of her was a Dolce & Gabbana SS 08 dress in pink and white paired with CLs for Rodarte "Rodita" heels, or I think I firstly saw her in a picture with Giovanna, Anna was wearing a Dolce & Gabbana FW 07.08 leopard coat.

Those are the exact words I would use to describe the style of Miroslava Duma :lol:.
ADR is in a different league than Miroslava Duma. MD is the quintessential Russian nouveau riche girl - her styling strategy is to purchase whatever items/labels are hot at the moment, and wear it all at once, never mind whether they look good on her petite frame or not. I like to label her as a "high-fashion-trend-follower". Unlimited clothes budget, but no personal style.

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone admires different people based on their own personal tastes. i don't know why people try to argue why someone shouldn't be considered a fashionable person to other people, its all based on preferences. its a pointless argument that will go in circles.

thats my two cents.

The second photograph has to be one of my absolute favorite outfits! She looks amazing!!

I guess ADR's style has a polarizing effect on viewers then. Some love it, others hate it.

I definitely agree with that... I love her because she's not afraid of being herself or even making a spectacle of herself wearing the clothes... It's a joie de vivre, passion for fashion and lack of pretentiousness which endear hear to many of us :heart:

^this balmain outfit is one of my very very favourite!among some earlier balmain :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annaaa123
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->