Astrology and personal style

^ Interesting ... Venus in the 12th house of secrets ... that should definitely have an effect ... I wonder if you don't want your clothes to say too much about who you are?

I always think that the people who think it's a load of claptrap have never gotten any good information :wink: It's quite difficult to do a sun sign only horoscope, which is what most people are familiar with, though it can be done & done extremely well (www.cainer.com is my favorite). It's a lot easier to get better information when you get more specific than that.

If there's something you'd like to know more about, let us know :flower:
Yeah I think that's true.. I've never gotten any information whatsoever. I haven't done anything to get any information either though since I really have never been a believer.. But I'll take a look at that page since i'm actually rather interested right now,

Oh and I know so little about this, I don't even have any questions :lol:

But thanks.. :flower:

^ Well, I myself am a believer in whatever works, and a non-believer in whatever doesn't :wink: Sacred cow or mocked as superstition, I simply don't care ...

^ Interesting ... Venus in the 12th house of secrets ... that should definitely have an effect ... I wonder if you don't want your clothes to say too much about who you are?

:wink: actually, that might be true. there are some parts of my personality reflected by what i wear, but as a general expression of who i am? not really. people closest to me would probably describe me as kind of artsy and kooky, but as far as the image those words would generally give someone, i don't fit it at all. i wear a lot of earthy colors, nothing too vibrant. the details on my clothing are generally understated and i have this vicious dislike of most prints. people tell me i dress a bit like a type a, reese witherspoon (whom i dislike ironically) actually :lol: and i am the farthest from that as you can imagine.

Cambry, fantastic placements! An Aquarian sun and a Piscean moon - interesting combo...

Ta-Ta - The 8th house Venus = morose romantic, imo. Tons of passion, sweeping gestures, an attraction to all things esoteric & remotely coffin-related.... :crush:

this is getting interesting...!

i didn't think about the placements...
my venus (capricorn, like my moon), is in the third house. not as exciting as cambry or ta-ta!
3rd=communication -- and i think i am really aware of what my clothes are communicating to others, maybe too much sometimes.
and i think that's a way that the contradiction of my libra rising and cap. moon/venus plays out. if i am going to a party or something, i'm more libra-ish, feminine, whatever, but if it's work, then i'm much more capricorn, practical, no frills.

ta-ta - what were you saying about colors and elements in the other thread?
i was curious about that.

Interesting thread, I'm..
Which all sounds pretty interesting, I seem to have Venus mentioned quite alot? :lol:

You will be, however, easy going and congenial, socially oriented and preoccupied with adornments, clothing, social conventions, standards, and aesthetics.
Quiet. :lol:

um, i think this is my new favorite thread because not only do i love fashion but i love astrology! i used to do people's charts and stuff in college :smile:

i am sun in cancer, moon in aquarius, rising sign is virgo and venus is leo -- a real mix!

i used to explain the relationship between these aspects are being a little like this: your rising sign is sometimes the "first impression" of your character, or the instinctive lens through which you view or process the world. your sun sign is often your character -- what you value or how you express your dominant energy. your moon sign is often considered your hidden side, your shadow, your unconscious, or the side of yourself that becomes known only by those who are intimate with you. your venus is often your romantic nature, or rather the part of you that craves beauty, art, romance.

i've never thought about fashion and how it relates to astrology before, but i do see aspects of it in my personal style. with virgo being so precise, modest, discerning and often called "picky," i think this is definitely reflected in the fact that i veer towards more refined, unfussy clothes and practical shapes, and prefer a clean, uncluttered look with not many accessories. cancer is a imaginative, emotional, moody sign for whom family and home are important, and i think this is reflected in how i like to wear things that have a bit of coziness to them and that the only jewelry i really wear has sentimental or emotional value for me. (also, i gravitate towards typically cancerian colors: silvery grays, blues, etc.) my "hidden side" is aquarius, which is cerebral and loves unconventionality and revolution -- this is definitely present in my personal life and politics, and in terms of clothes, i think it shows up in how much ann demeulemeester and martin margiela is in my closet! also, i do think of fashion as a political/intellectual subject a lot (what with globalization and such) and i very much try to shop 'ecoconsciously.' and my venus in leo definitely pops up because i do like a tiny bit of flamboyance, particularly in the shape of a shoe (which is almost always black or brown) and i do love glamorous handbags...and my underwear is very atypically bright, patterned and glamtastic :smile:

this is such a fun thread!

wow! your love of Anne demeulemeester, fancy undies and handbags sounds a lot like myself:shock:...(im a cancer as well)

Interesting thread, I'm..

Which all sounds pretty interesting, I seem to have Venus mentioned quite alot? :lol:

Quiet. :lol:

Plus Venus rules Taurus, so yeah ... :wink: I see you have Sun in the 8th like me ... btw, my Venus is in the 9th as I recall ...

ta-ta - what were you saying about colors and elements in the other thread?
i was curious about that.

Well, I was just mentioning that in feng shui, black is seen as representing water ... I find that it's really helpful for me as a fire sign to "cut" black with color (most particularly red) when I wear it. Otherwise it brings me down ... At home, I use it sparingly--black lacquer frames & tables.

In feng shui, there's this cycle of the elements ... for example, wood (light green and blue) feeds fire, while metal (white) controls wood.

^^ thx, so it's a little different than the "air, fire, water, earth" elements of astrology... but related.

talking about black, i think it's interesting that people tend to wear a lot more black in some regions, and that color in general tends to vary according to region. (i.e. 'pink is the navy blue of india'). i suppose astrocartography might shed some light on that! and i've noticed that my own personal style has varied depending on where i've lived... the light in california is very different than on the east coast, or midwest, and the mood is different too.

How interesting:P...Here's me

Sun in Libra, Moon in Aquarius Ascendant in Virgo, Mercury in the First House Sun in the First House Venus in the First House Venus Conjunct Ascendant Saturn in the First House Moon in the Fifth House

You are the humanist par excellence - equality, liberty, and fraternity" is your motto, and this is not just a phrase for you. You dislike pomp, artificiality and privilege, and are drawn to what is modest, simple and natural in life. The total picture is of an extremely well-integrated individual. You probably had a happy youth and as a result will enjoy many healthy relationships. In love you play the role of a gardener, tending to the needs of your love partner - terrifyingly correct

You concentrate a great deal on your appearance and even if you are not especially beautiful or handsome, you have a quality of softness and friendliness, which endears you to many.

You like to keep beauty and grace around you as much as possible. You have a strong affinity with nature and prefer the quiet life of the country to the plastic constructions of city life.

It is likely that you grew up in an atmosphere of warmth and congeniality. Now it is easy for you to project these same feelings to family and friends, and others often count on you to restore peace in difficult situations.

You have strong inclinations toward music, art and drama and you may wish to cultivate a form of artistic expression.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I imagine the "You concentrate a great deal on your appearance" is an interpretation of Venus in the 1st? It's quite interesting that you have both Venus *and* Saturn there ... do you find perhaps that you are quite disciplined about "beauty" and/or your image?

^definitely, ta-ta, I'm quite clear about what kinda beauty or fashion appeal to me...while I'm more spontaneous when it comes to dressing other ppl, but there is a particular image of myself I always like to portray or stick to..thanks for the insight, it's wonderful and you r def knowledgable...

I liked this post so much I posted about it on my fashion blog (in my signature)! My style definitely fits with my sun sign, though - I'm a Leo and wear lots of dramatic, bold, regal type colors (deep crimson, golds and bronzes, royal purple and blue, and of course animal prints).

YBF, within an hour isn't too bad. Basically what you do is check your ascendant (Taurus) and see if that resonates. If not, look at the sign on either side (Aries, Gemini) and see if one of them is much better. If so, adjust your birth time accordingly.

Taurus seems accurate for the teenage profile..I've left in the lines that I think are pretty straight on

Taurus Rising

-You are very calm and deliberate in your actions.
-Sometimes you are quite stubborn, and the more that someone applies pressure, the more firmly you resist.
-Outwardly, you appear quite calm and self-possessed.
-It is not that you suppress your feelings, but that your exterior does not reveal them very readily.
-You enjoy comfort and the good things of life.
Sun in Virgo

-You are very careful in everything you do
-You expect others to live up to those same high standards, and you are easily disappointed if they do not.
-When you see something wrong in someone or something, you don't hesitate to point it out.
-In whatever you make or do, you apply the same standards of perfection that you want other people to live up to.
-You like to help others because being useful makes you feel good.
Sun in the Sixth House Y

-You are somewhat shy and you prefer to work quietly on the sidelines.
-But whatever you do, you want to do very well.
-You have high standards and want all your work to be as nearly perfect as possible.
-You need to be more self-confident and less self-critical.
-You are very concerned with long-range goals and more disciplined about staying with them than most people your age.
Moon in Scorpio

-You have very intense feelings, which can be a strong force in your life.
-But you may find it hard to understand your feelings, because they are so complicated and deep.:shock::lol:
-You are very fond of anything secret and mysterious
Venus in the Fourth House

-You like your surroundings to be comfortable, pleasant, elegant and gracious.
Mars in Aries

-You are a very independent and self-assertive person.
-You prefer to act on your own and set your own pace without waiting for people who work more slowly.
-Also you like to be the first to take up a new activity.
-You get angry quite quickly, but you also cool off quickly and don't hold a grudge.
Mars in the Twelfth House

-You tend to work in secret
-However, you are really quite a strong individual
-Another positive point is that you work very well alone

(yes a long post...)

For the adult profile

- You were born with the Sun in Virgo and the Moon in Scorpio, which makes you a hard- working, proud, self-assured, acute, and clever personality
-You are also likely to be criticized for your secretiveness.
-Nevertheless, you find it difficult to form individual, lasting relationships
-You have a strong desire for close, intimate contact with many of the people you associate with.

^ Looks like a lot of perfectionist tendencies there, ybf :wink: I've been there, I feel you :P

It's interesting, I never knew that site had a teenage profile till you guys told me. I have at least one book that talks about astrology & children, but I don't have anything separate for teenagers ...

I'm sun in Scorpio, Taurus rising and Venus in Sagittarius.

Usually when I see fashion-related astrology articles in magazines (it's always mainstream women's mags like Cosmo or Glamour), the stuff for Scorpio is always super sexy and vampy. I don't dress vampy at all. I would say that some of my choices are bold and maybe that's Scorpio-like -- I like jewel tones and rich colors, and I've long collected big or unusual pieces of vintage jewelry (I rarely wear delicate or traditional jewelry).

It's funny that those magazines features always seem to emphasize the Scorpio sexiness, but forget that Scorpio is inherently a private personality. I, for one, don't want to show off most of my body to most of the world.

As for the Taurus influence, that sign is sensual so it makes me think of my enjoyment of different textures.

Sagittarius is famous for its wanderlust and I usually do appreciate and seek out ethnic or global touches in my style.

Taurus may be the most minimalist of the three signs, and I'd say that I definitely tend to shy away from minimalism (both in terms of the style of pieces and the number of items I have), but I do have an undercurrent of longing for simplicity that I explore from time to time.

Those are just my interpretations, though.

^ Agree about Scorpio ... I can't remember knowing one who dressed in an overtly sexy way ... but if that did happen, it would probably be the rising sign doing it :wink:

I think I'm you're stereotypical Capricorn... I haven't worn a print or pastel since childhood and half my wardrobe is black!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freaknore
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->