Balenciaga S/S 10 Paris

Raf influenced balenciaga?

Looking at the show I saw those striped jersey tshirts that looked really familiar. After a bit of digging i found them in an old raf simons collection, ss 07 i think. Its very similar, and also the styling with tight trousers and sandals...
Sorry if i am posting images on the thread, but i guess you have to see those together. theyre from marcio madeira

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Some interesting pieces. Some of the other things reminded me of someone, but I can't remember who :/

As for fabric choices, so so. There is only so much I can tell from lo-res.

i just detest the way that people have to wait for it to grow on them out of necessity.....you either like it or you don't, without any external references....waiting to see the general consensus before making their own opinion.......the fashion sheep are bleating...baaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!

Yay! Fashion-sheep guy's back! :woot: :lol:

I wondered where you'd gone, csmboy... :D

I think, to be fair, some concepts are genuinely surprising and/or challenging and so they can take a few days for people to acclimatise to.

But, ITA that other concepts simply aren't very good and/or interesting and some people just try to find reasons to like collections, because of who designed them and/or the general consensus...

Looking at the show I saw those striped jersey tshirts that looked really familiar. After a bit of digging i found them in an old raf simons collection, ss 07 i think. Its very similar, and also the styling with tight trousers and sandals...
Sorry if i am posting images on the thread, but i guess you have to see those together. theyre from marcio madeira

Yes, very similar, but then, as I said before, it's a pretty dull (and obvious) concept, so I guess it's no real surprise that it's been done before?

More of a surprise if it hadn't, in fact! :D

Oh God, at first I thought it was the menswear looks that hadn't been posted :shock:

I am just going to pretend this season never happened.

safiah, please credit your pics or they will be deleted...

ghesquiere just couldn't resist the bait, could he? in a season where most big box designers have commented on the future with their designs -- even the most staid designers like michael kors and giorgio armani -- he just had to show us that balenciaga does futurism better than anyone. in that respect, he totally succeeded. however, after a season of such luscious and refreshing nostalgia with that beautiful draping, this stands as a disappointment. ghesquiere stands at his finest when he's mashing up the history of the house with his future vision not serving up one or the other.

this would've been a great resort collection.

Thank you so much for the HQ's, I really adore the collection! The only thing I still don't get is the venue - such collection does not and never will fit in Hotel Crillon for me.

the make-up is horrifying and the setting is not really fitting the mood of the clothes. there is someting uncanny about this collection.

Oh I so agree with everything you said! :heart:

Thank you..^_^:flower:

I'm not too bothered by the similarities with Raf Simons, as it is a familiar collage technique, and the colours are similar but NG used the materials and shapes differently, also, these tops are not the highpoint of the collection.

I haven't seen other collections that live up to the intricacy, perhaps Martin Margiela *might* do something startling, but none too high hopes. The rest, Lanvin, Dior, etc., are pretty conventional so far.

I'm surprised by how much I actually like this collection. I mean it's not his most moving, inspiring or even most beautiful showing, but there's something about it that I can't quite put my finger on. I think more than anything I just like the clothes; they look genuinely cool. On top of that the details that all of the reviews mention sound incredible.

The reaction that a lot of people are having reminds me of when he sent out his F/W 07 street tribes collection. Many, myself included, were caught off guard by the lack of a really strong concept behind the collection, especially following that extremely bold android collection. It was like having the rug pulled out from under you. I don't think this situation is any different.

I'm not exactly salivating over this like I have over some of his other collections, but this definitely isn't my least favorite Ghesquiere collection either.

how come nobody has detail shots.. :ermm: nothing at style.it or vogue or style.com ...urr...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->