Balenciaga S/S 10 Paris

^That's what I've been thinking too! I hope this collection won't end up like S/S 09 did with only few detail shots. I need to take a closer look at those shoes!

how come nobody has detail shots.. :ermm: nothing at style.it or vogue or style.com ...urr...
maybe they arent allowed to provide any... nothings on elle, fashionmag and lefigaro either :blink:

lets keep searching :shifty:

Have you tried Vogue.com? At least on the British site you can zoom right into the shots, even if it's not detail shots as such, they should at least provide a better look at things.

I looked at it again, but no. It's just so nothing new. Helmut Langs ss 2003 collection has this same theme and vibe, yet it still manages to look much, much more modern than this for 2010.

I hate how some kept referring to Rodarte (obviously I don't hate the people who did it :D. Hello! Where was Rodarte when Ghesquiere sent Kate Moss in street looks? Come on!

I see why he is going back to the Nicolas looks again. As much as people love the previous collection,I, as a long term Balenciaga customer, couldn't find anything to buy aside from the shoes. There were just too many evening pieces. I'm glad that he is back to the tough chic looks and I'm buying next season.
Besides, I believe that consistency should be respected. this is Nicolas true to himself. The concept is consistent, yet the techinque has been enhanced. I love it very much.

you can find a few closer shots at coutorture

there's even one photo of the boots, but not very good...
the clearest one i could get, of shoes with the chains is the 2nd row, 3rd from the left

i was curious about the shoes with woven parts --why they would be handwoven... a lot of other fabrics are woven by hand too. the leather vests. they collaborated with a textile designer for these, but it's not mentioned who it was.. *sad*

i think i've happily answered all my curiosities about this collection today :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how they incorp bright colors.
the shoes are freaking awesome

well somehow i cant edit this post, images from marcio modeira (post # 204)

ghesquiere just couldn't resist the bait, could he? in a season where most big box designers have commented on the future with their designs -- even the most staid designers like michael kors and giorgio armani -- he just had to show us that balenciaga does futurism better than anyone. in that respect, he totally succeeded. however, after a season of such luscious and refreshing nostalgia with that beautiful draping, this stands as a disappointment. ghesquiere stands at his finest when he's mashing up the history of the house with his future vision not serving up one or the other.

this would've been a great resort collection.

exactly! or more like this random capsule collections they do, no?
if he wanted to do futuristic, he couldve done it in a fw08 way... that was pretty "history of the house" too

I know everybody loved this and you're gonna hate me even more,since I'm the biggest Balenciaga hater out there,but I will go on my way
CRAP!CRAP!CRAP!
The show does even lack of those signature ultra expensive special dresses,probably the only things that were good in the previous 2 shows

I'm actually glad he left the house history for the moment and focused on something modern and closer to his roots. That's what I needed to feel a bit of refreshment.

I'm kinda late but I love this collection : from the colours to the fabrics to the shapes to the shoes, I love everything !!

This collection gives me flash backs to the older Balenciaga, when Ghesquiere was just starting out... The collection is so young and cool. The details are insane! The skirts at the end are just spectacular, the colour is cool, and doesn't feel overdone. So good.
:heart:

hated balenciaga last season... this is a breath of fresh air... i'm in love with it... its not new, but its incredibly well done, and really gives women solid options to wear when spring 2010 comes. its not just about providing inspiration or telling a story, its about designing solutions, and i think ghesquiere was incredibly successful. i hope this collection sells very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->