Balenciaga S/S 2012: Juliane, Kirstin, Laura & Rosie by Steven Meisel

I like the second shot - excluding the model.

The color tones are very nice, the setting is ok (love the Tv), the placement of the brand name is good.

The only thing that is bad is the model, the styling, the hair and the pose. :wink:

just saw the new ad on facebook.
hommage to corinne day ????

very kate moss and corinne day. but it's not corinne day, nor kate moss, nor the 1990s.
but it's heart-full... if it is corinne day's tribute.

i really like the new shot with the new girl Rosie. the color and the setting have this airy feel to it, especially the color reminds me of Rinko Kawauchi's pictures.:heart: i also sense a little bit of violence aesthetics in it. guess it's just me. lol

If the point was to make the models look ugly then yay SUCCESS. Otherwise I'm at a loss.

bigger version of the first shot

facebook/balenciaga

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the new shot as well, for some reason every single element in this campaign works just perfectly for me :heart:

The new shot could have been good, but the hair totally ruins it.

Ew. I don't know what it is, but this whole campaign just makes my skin crawl in discomfort. I think it's the fact that the model looks so drunk and abused. And the fact that the apartment looks so unhygienic and dirty.....*shudder* I'm gonna go take a shower.

The 'I don't give a f*ck' look is well executed in the last shot, and the image itself is not bad, but is it really something appropriate for a Balenciaga campaign?

She looks like she;s had a terrible day and she's wishing that she had a sofa to sit on.

I'm really trying to like it, I really am. I'm just hoping that one day I will "get it" like some of you guys. :unsure:

Love the new one so much. The setting is wonderful, it all looks so perfectly effortless and nonchalant.

^Exactly. She looks more lively in person, and that's saying something. :ninja:

~With the first ima ge i didnt
Wih the second image i loved
And with the third image i hate it again
I dont know what to do when the next image comes out

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back