Balenciaga S/S 2012: Juliane, Kirstin, Laura & Rosie by Steven Meisel

tarsha

Reaction score
SWyGk.jpg

FREEZE FRAME: Celebrities and supermodels seem to be yielding to fresh modeling talent in fashion advertising. A case in point is Balenciaga’s spring-summer 2012 campaign, slated to break in February fashion magazines and on Web sites. Up-and-comers Laura Kampman, Juliane Grüner, Rosie Tapner and Kirstin Liljegren posed for photographer Steven Meisel in a New York studio last month, with Marie-Amélie Sauvé as stylist, Pat McGrath on makeup, Guido Paulo on hair and Paris graphic studio M/M on the layout.

wwd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's kind of sexy! I'm excited to learn about some new models.

Meisel photographs after the shows or something? All his campigns are done!
This is BAD

the clothes look awful, the girl looks awful. this is just so awful. hopefully juliane's shot brings the pretty back. gah.

any one could be the photographer for this campaign! it's time for u to knock on balenciaga's door and send them your resume for the position as photographer next year.

And Balenciaga officially hits a new low.

I could have taken something better from backstage and turned it into a campaign.

This is just plain sad.

Oh man why do I like this? :doh: It's nothing compared to what they used to do (nothing tops Spring 2007 for me) but I like how messy she looks.

Don't tell me this is the campaign? I hope this is some kind of preview and not what the actual campaign is going to look like.

This are Increible BAAAAD the hair , the make up what is this????

OMG I can't with Balenciaga anymore. I just can't. This is by far Meisel's worst campaign season so far:

LV- no inspiration, just sugary sweet
Prada- just ripping off Mert & Marcus
Balenciaga- imma let these images speak for themselves :innocent:

Steven, please go sit down somewhere. You've been doing OK with editorials, but the campaigns are just :ninja:. Balenciaga needs a change in photographers. I can't. I just can't.

Igree about Balenciaga need change the photographer

The image on the right is OK (I don't mind the hair and make up) but it does look like a backstage candid. My biggest problem is that the clothes are not being showcased properly, the pants look like Mom jeans circa 1991, the shirt looks odd and not in a good way and the overall look comes off as mass market.

Well I can't really place too much blame on the model.. i mean cmon.. Meisel.. McGrath, Guido.. and Marie Amélie Sauve.. and this is the result?!?

Is it a joke? I don't like it at all. The collection was perfect and I was hoping to see some pretty damn good campaign. But this is just ...... stupid.

What is this, so awful. :yuk: Is this really Meisel's campaign shoot? I can't believe it. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->