Balmain S/S 11 Paris

What a let down from an amazing Fall/Winter collection. Back to trashy!

In my opinion, Balmain is not so bad even though it is a bit over-the-top sometimes. I don't think his clothes should be worn head-to-toe. He makes great seperates, but if you wear Balmain leather pants with a Balmain top and a Balmain blazer, you'll end up looking like some clown. This collection is no different. There are great pieces, but thrown all together, they look messy and a bit trashy.

What's really "amazing" to me is not the clothes, but how he can still manage to show after all these years of absolute **** (for lack of a better word). I can understand 3 or 4 seasons, but we're talking 3 or 4 years here now..

*scratches head, scratches head*

guys I was there, and I must say that the collection was just a m a z i n g. Pure rock&roll

Bo-ring. Rock & roll is what we expect from Balmain, but this looks like Ke$ha woke up in some ditch covered in some random dude's leftovers. So she had to find some safety pins to keep her act together. NEXT!

Bo-ring. Rock & roll is what we expect from Balmain, but this looks like Ke$ha woke up in some ditch covered in some random dude's leftovers. So she had to find some safety pins to keep her act together. NEXT!

bingo!

What's really "amazing" to me is not the clothes, but how he can still manage to show after all these years of absolute **** (for lack of a better word). I can understand 3 or 4 seasons, but we're talking 3 or 4 years here now..

*scratches head, scratches head*

because of the hype.

Is it a joke? it's just a copy of Isabel Marant last season show and a copy Emmanuelle alt style!

The Balmain trashing need to stop. Never mind Balmain being trashy.

Personally I'm loving this so far. It's just immaculate and I always enjoy their shows. It's so chic and wearable.
I'm never bored of the Balmain silhouette. It's always revived with such class.

I really like the black blazer/shorts combo. That's nice. But I think I'm a bit over pants that come up so short, only problem for me

:lol: I was not saying that that is ok. I was saying that if something doesn't look classy and expensive it doesn't mean that it's trashy . This is Balmain aesthetics. And I am not really a Balmain girl ...and I am not much into this kind of style, but Balmain as a brand I like this collection. I just hate when people come here and comment without knowing history of a fashion houses:lol:
Well, speaking of that...Pierre Balmain did evening wear, but sure as hell never ever rock chic (hate that term). And Erik Mortensen, you know, who was head designer for Balmain for 10 years (1982-1992), he never did clothing for drug addicts look-a-likes either. He was from my town BTW...

Balmain used to be pretty much about fancy evening wear. And now it looks...well, not very expensive or even glamorous.

^ yes! that's why i like it :D

i actually hoped before the show it would be like with more amazing jeans and then i thought nah they won't do that again but..i am surprised!!

same sh*t all over again. it's like isabel marant's last collection with a touch of balmain's trashiness. which isn't surprisng at all, since emmanuelle is transforming these two brands into 'sisters'.
seriously... what the hell are those ripped tights?? they're so taylor momsen...:yuk:
it's like a collection inspired by kate moss's style but made just for young hipsters. i can no longer imagine someone like carine roitfeld (who used to wear balmain) wearing any of this.

same cr*p but quite clever considering the mass ( and mid-)market only now is picking up to this rock chick style.
the brainwashing is still underway so it only makes sense for him to continue doing exactly the same as one or two more ladies will buy it now.
but yeah, isabel has 4 rails in selfridges balmain has barely got one. price price price, someone needs to knock that into the house!:hardhead:

The Balmain trashing need to stop. Never mind Balmain being trashy.

Personally I'm loving this so far. It's just immaculate and I always enjoy their shows. It's so chic and wearable.
I'm never bored of the Balmain silhouette. It's always revived with such class.

This is as far away from class it gets, if you ask me. I doubt that Decarnin had a classy, sophisticated woman in mind when designing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user91036
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->