Boys And The Hoodie

Yeah, exactly. Why would a school be giving a twelve year old sex eductation.

Despite him being a bit right of centre, that program where Michael Portillo went and looked after a charv family for a week was fantastic.

portillo actually was very funny - he had clearly never seen the likes before....i am sure that neither would most of the supposedly left of centre polititians.

the twelve year old must have still been in primary school - thats just disgusting isn't it? a twelve year old should be riding ponies not boys!!!! (sorry- ooops)

helena said:
can you believe the audacity of that mother saying its the school's fault her twelve year old has a baby.....

It's certainly not the school's fault. It's a societal problem. Even so, I think it's very important to have good sex education in schools, at the time kids start hitting puberty!

Last edited by a moderator:
helena said:
portillo actually was very funny - he had clearly never seen the likes before....i am sure that neither would most of the supposedly left of centre polititians.

the twelve year old must have still been in primary school - thats just disgusting isn't it? a twelve year old should be riding ponies not boys!!!! (sorry- ooops)

Helena! :lol: And from a moderator too...

i agree on the education tott - completely - but what is the point of the school educating if there is no shred of moral fibre being taught in the home. Clearly the mother doesn't even see it as her role to 'teach' or guide her daughters - she sees that at exclusive responsibility of the state (as well as the responsibility of the state to pay for the product of the failure to educate these children).

PrinceOfCats said:
Helena! :lol: And from a moderator too...

:blush::D couldn't resist it....

i am shocked that a girl of twelve has actually hit puberty.... I was a lot older.

at twelve your are in first or second year of high school.

I think the school is partially to blame in my school the other week we had a sex quiz (baring in mind most people in my class are now 16 legal age of consent) and only about 4 people in the year (out of 90) could name more then 2 methods of contriception. most thort aborsion or moring after pill was one. Mind u my school isnt state run but weve had about 5 sex education lessons ever one on aids one on this stupid quiz thing.And state schools are apparently even worse (as if ours wasnt bad enuff) so if children arent informed by parents or older siblkings or friends were are they going to find it.

Baring in mind alot of girls start periods at 8 i think it is important to start sex education asap. We had some in junior school on "growing up" about how you need to wash and periods and how you get "hair" etc. that type of thing. its not actually on sex its more the changes in your body it just is all under the general topic of sex education

helena said:
:blush::D couldn't resist it....

i am shocked that a girl of twelve has actually hit puberty.... I was a lot older.

I hit puberty at 11, and I'm a guy... Not that I'm likely to ever impregnate someone!

:P

Wow thats interesting, by the time i was in middle school.. around gr 7, most people knew what a condom was for!

yeah most people think there are two contriceptions a condom and the pill thats it !!

The sex education in my school was usually thorough enough, and it always provided ways to go and ask for more advice and help. In my year personally there has been I think 5 pregnancys (mostly between year 10 and 11) one girl has just had her second child to another father yet doesnt have custody of the first. I honestly don't think it's all down to schools, it's a big responsibility of the parents, then again I dont think lack of education was the case for a couple of the girls, its just the crowds they get into, trying to keep up with the others.

The werid thing is the sex education in my school is crap. No one knows alot but no one has ever gotten pregnant ever well i n my time at the school. Well when i say pregnant i mean kept it. (im not saying we are all cellbrate cos thats not true in fact6 my school ahs a bit of a reputation but yeah any ways :innocent: )
I actually have all ways wondered about this thinking its very odd.

LOL tott - maybe I was a very late starter then! LOL

tia maria - thanks for your experience - like you thats about all i ever got in terms of sex ed. I thought it was a bit better these days. I still think that its the primary responsibility of the parent though.

helena said:
i agree on the education tott - completely - but what is the point of the school educating if there is no shred of moral fibre being taught in the home. Clearly the mother doesn't even see it as her role to 'teach' or guide her daughters - she sees that at exclusive responsibility of the state (as well as the responsibility of the state to pay for the product of the failure to educate these children).

Well, I agree with you helena, but I think it's a bigger problem than simply a parenting one. This family obviously doesn't come from an affluent background. I think it's easy to become apathetic and disillusioned by life, in a way, when you really don't have real options in life; that goes for mother and daughters. Maybe the kids thought "what the hell, I might just get pregnant and get supported because what else is there?" and maybe the mother doesn't really mind and sees it as a fact of life, sort of? I don't think it's that simple, but there might be a kernel of truth in there.

This family obviously doesn't come from an affluent background. I think it's easy to become apathetic and disillusioned by life, in a way, when you really don't have real options in life; that goes for mother and daughters. Maybe the kids thought "what the hell, I might just get pregnant and get supported because what else is there?" and maybe the mother doesn't really mind and sees it as a fact of life, sort of? I don't think it's that simple, but there might be a kernel of truth in there.

you cant really generalise like that. you dont know her situation she could have been raped or totaly taken advantage off or she could just have been a nieve little girl who was taken in by a boy telling her he loved her. You cant say she did it for benefits or make prejudices against her family. we cant judge as we dont know her at all !! :flower:

^True. While I agree that it is the parents' primary responsibility to teach their children about sex, I still think that sex education in schools should start early, better too early than too late.

tiamaria said:
you cant really generalise like that. you dont know her situation she could have been raped or totaly taken advantage off or she could just have been a nieve little girl who was taken in by a boy telling her he loved her. You cant say she did it for benefits or make prejudices against her family. we cant judge as we dont know her at all !! :flower:

I know, I was simply speculating that they could've had this motivation on a more sub-conscious than direct level. I'm truly not judging or blaming them!

:flower:

its ok dont worry about it we all say things with out thinking about them. I think to much tho lol !! im too serious

tott said:
Well, I agree with you helena, but I think it's a bigger problem than simply a parenting one. This family obviously doesn't come from an affluent background. I think it's easy to become apathetic and disillusioned by life, in a way, when you really don't have real options in life; that goes for mother and daughters. Maybe the kids thought "what the hell, I might just get pregnant and get supported because what else is there?" and maybe the mother doesn't really mind and sees it as a fact of life, sort of? I don't think it's that simple, but there might be a kernel of truth in there.

you make a very good point tott - its a societal problem. Its too easy just to say (as I did) that its all lack of moral fibre to blame. But how do you solve the problem -we have a welfare state that 'provides' education and financial support - which is more than we had here sixty years ago (yet the rate of teenage pregnancies were far far lower then).

Tiamaria i know you can't necesarily jump to conclusions about the situation but you must agree that its unlikely that these girls come from well off middle class backgrounds. I'd rather it wasn't like that but unfortunately.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->