Burberry Prorsum Mens F/W 09.10

ohjane if possible it would be better to post as full-sized images than thumbnails...

I love this collection, especially the black coat that is red inside. I love Burberry coats.

A lot of the FW09 menswear collections aren't very remarkable, you can really tell that economic downturn has really affected designers...

A lot ?
It's just the start of the Fashion Week...
No?...

It's sure that the economic downturn have, and will have an effect on designers, but I prefer to wait & see all the collections...

And on the collection itself... It's just... Uninteresting...

Last edited by a moderator:
it is certainly very dark moody
depressing...and not innovative, though the cardigan with the blazer overlay
looks quite nice and masculine, which is good

hey hey!!
and what about the prada guy in the third picture?? he got lost?

... very disappointing. after the cool women's pre-fall i was expecting so much more from Bailey

As a Burberry Prorsum fan i'm soooo disappointed. I don't know, this looks soooo uninspired. I bet i could achieve most of these looks by borrowing some of my grand-father's clothes...

i still love the pants but the looks from the first post are just horrible. that Prada-esque shirt, that HORRIBLE Novacheck shirt, that coat.... well the coat ain't crap, but by now i'm used to seeing better from Bailey.

lol that one look is SO prada. i really like this collection. Not his best fall collection(last fall was really goood!) but it's still fab still.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is of so Dolce Gabbanna in the good old days! And I don't mean in a good way.

:heart:

Thanks...........but this is boring...I was expecting rich colors like womens pre-fall....

The sad thing is, is that the mens show is always similiar to the following womenswear collection...

The sad thing is, is that the mens show is always similiar to the following womenswear collection...

:doh:

I hope womenswear will go in the Pre Fall direction...

This is boring, but some looks are still nice. The coat with the red collar (or however is that part called) looks good.

It's not my favorite Burberry collection, thats forsure... Not a fan of the check pieces.. but I like the colors and the patterns on the knitwear.

The check!? Seriously!? Bailey, I thought we were past that by now?

EXACTLY... s/s09 was very solid, one of the best spring collections. great cuts and textures. this is just very BLAH..

A lot of the FW09 menswear collections aren't very remarkable, you can really tell that economic downturn has really affected designers...

wow you know that already - where can I see all the collections before the runway shows?!

:rolleyes:

This is underwhelming considering Bailey's past collections. It's missing that something special, no?

Anyway if they decided this was the collection to bring that famous plaid back; you'd think they would really put it everywhere to make a statement.

I'm disappointed with this collection but subconsciously I knew he was going to go in this direction. This is the most masculine and grown-up collection he's done as of late. The past few seasons were a bit too youthful and considering the clientèle, its expected that they reverted back to something more classic, no?

It's strange, I find myself liking this a lot more than I've ever liked Burberry before when the general consensus is dislike. Perhaps it's because a lot of it isn't what I would typically associate with the Prorsum look, which I usually cannot stand, for men or for women. It's sharp, it's clean, and it's a bit polished....far less ragamuffin than usual.

But that's the main flaw too. If someone wanted this look there are any number of designers who own this sort of territory, and do it with much more conviction and style.

This is the first collection I dislike from Burberry. I always love Burberry, but this one was just downgrade from previous collections.

Like many of you have mentioned, I'm very disappointed with the burberry check. Makes the collection VERY shallow.

The past few season, Bailey did a really great job on changing our views of burberry. Now, it's on the track back. I mean, the shirt!

God, if it's about the economy again, it's getting old..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zr90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->