Burberry Prorsum S/S 2010 : Emma & Alex Watson by Mario Testino

is that guy wearing 2 trenches on top of one another or is that the effect of the trench?

the casting is a minor problem. the entire set up is completely uninspiring. i guess they used up their budget on emma but you would think since these people arent professional models, they would make do something epic to make up for that but it seems their route is use famous names and just put them anywhere and get a shot.

ps. emma and her brother are adorable, i kind of like the idea of a brother-sister duo. and that george craig guy needs to go.

seriously step it up burberry!

I may be biased but the ad looked stunning IMO. Young and refreshing. Emma's such a beauty too.

Hate it. Emma looks like she's about to be murdered and her brother looks like Jack the Ripper. All he needed was the top hat! :woot:

Is that the guy who once closed the mens show while chewing gums and looking down?
:lol:

shot by Mario Testino, I assume (?)

In a season of quite a few uninspiring campaigns, this one is definitely one of the most disappointing so far and I don't think it will get any better after seeing the first shots. As someone stated before, Burberry isn't exactly known for its campaigns. However, this SS10 collection was pretty good, such a shame this isn't translated in the campaign.

Emma looks close to absolutely awful, her facial expression can't really be called an expression at all. The styling with the small clutch looks odd as well...This is where a model could have saved the campaign.

Disappointing -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i am so over Emma in my Burberry now.

Look at what Burberry has become -_-
my thoughts exactly...
this looks like a teen brand campaign, yet the clothes are a bit too mature for the 'models'... really bad advertising.

i have to say ,i don't love her brother anymore..he looks weird

I'm set. I dislike this campaign now. Just beyond boring and I'm kinda sick of seeing Emma doing Burberry.. I don't really get her appeal, when modeling.

Okay, George that's not a cool look at all. Hope this is for one season only.

The fact is that she looks far too childish for a Burberry campaign... she's cute but she looks like a 16years old girl.
I wasn't feeling the same for the last campaign.

I thought last season was a one season only for Emma.
But, they bring her back together with her brother for this season?
This collection is really not suitable for both of them. Where is the luxurious feel?
The setting is off and so are the "models".

Such a great collection, such a dull campaign. I think Burberry are just so scared of taking risks and doing anything to defile their history (design-wise they've reached a good synthesis of new and old, but their campaigns are seriously lacking.)

I actually miss the energy and vitality of the campaigns with Agyness and Lily D as well. Agyness isn't my favourite model, but if she suits any brand it's Burberry

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->