Celine S/S 10 Paris

Brilliant.

Can't say I love EVERY bit but it's so fresh, so interesting, so wearable, totally Celine. Love that she played with leather, love that she didn't show any bags on the runway either.

This isn't going to appeal to the young girl, it's not Chloe, but for the older woman this is marvelous.

My only complaint is that it's dangerously close to Akris.

Well, at the heart of it all luxury brands are really targeting older women. It's just that some are better at packaging their image as youthful. Besides, good clothes will be good clothes on someone no matter the age; these are good clothes.

I think that the black leather pieces are phenomenal. I really appreciate the clean tailoring and minimalist approach

Well, at the heart of it all luxury brands are really targeting older women. It's just that some are better at packaging their image as youthful. Besides, good clothes will be good clothes on someone no matter the age; these are good clothes.

Of course, but I think at Chloe Philo became known for designing for the "Cool Girl", clearly this Celine customer is cool but she is no girl.

Of course, but I think at Chloe Philo became known for designing for the "Cool Girl", clearly this Celine customer is cool but she is no girl.

Well as you said, "became known". There was a time when no woman would have considered frou frou baby doll dresses and chunky heels as "cool". Let's see what she does for Celine.

I love it. Clean lines and yet also very feminine details :flower:

This is absolutely perfect.
One of my faves so far in paris fashion week.

Well as you said, "became known". There was a time when no woman would have considered frou frou baby doll dresses and chunky heels as "cool". Let's see what she does for Celine.

That wasn't my point. We've seen two seasons now of what she's done for Celine. My point is simply that shes thinking about an older woman - an observation not criticism. I don't think we'll ever see any appropriations of historical children's wear at Celine.

I've been anticipating this collection since forever. I really do like it. It has some of Phoebe's distinctive style that made Chloe mixed with Celine.

That wasn't my point. We've seen two seasons now of what she's done for Celine. My point is simply that shes thinking about an older woman - an observation not criticism. I don't think we'll ever see any appropriations of historical children's wear at Celine.

My point is that although it may seem more mature, it doesn't mean her creations for the line won't end up being as coveted. Chanel is the ultimate rich old lady brand and that doesn't stop it from being coveted/aspirational for many young women. To me her approach seems to be a rejections of her previous work. Not in it's entirety, but at least the frilly baby doll aspect look. I think she has always designed with her peers in mind and I think this continues that.

actually seeing it in full maybe this isn't that amazing

My point is that although it may seem more mature, it doesn't mean her creations for the line won't end up being as coveted. Chanel is the ultimate rich old lady brand and that doesn't stop it from being coveted/aspirational for many young women. To me her approach seems to be a rejections of her previous work. Not in it's entirety, but at least the frilly baby doll aspect look. I think she has always designed with her peers in mind and I think this continues that.

When did I say that they wouldn't be?

And really, she would HAVE to be over the babydoll thing considering everyone else is (except for Limi Feu apparently).

I missed Phoebe :cry:
It all feels very Loewe to me :D

I don't like the shoes, but the clothes are nice, I love its simplicity and minimalism:heart: I can't say I am head over heels with what Philo presented this season, but I definitely like it and I hope she will impress us more in the future ^_^

I really like it.

The simplicity is refreshing. The leathers look delicious and I love that black and white striped outfit.

Is it faux-leather? A bit crap if it is.
Wonderful collection. Though I'm not fond of the pieces with like, a drooped front, they're a bit.. unnecessary.
Great work.

Hate the shoes but love the clothes. The textured black pieces especially.

I like it. It's very clean cut. My only criticism is the color scheme. I don't like it :(

also makes me think a bit of Ralph Rucci in the first parts.. his leather trim and lacings, embossed effects, palette, the kimono and sleeves, sack silhouettes..

i love how she added warmth to dusty hues. much more feminine and lively, like what they did at Marni.. and her take on the asymmetrical closures and hems. definitely so many fresh ideas throughout the collection

thanks for the pictures!

I was never too keen on Philo; her work @ Chloe is very overrated, in my humble opinion. I really love this, however. Like many have said, it's mixes clean lines with femininity quite well. It's beautiful and very womanly without being overtly sexual or placing an unnecessary emphasis on the form. The clothes simply evoke the feeling rather than visually asserting it.

I actually feel that this is how Chloe SHOULD look these days... the shoes look great too... love a wooden wedge! :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"