Century 21

lovespell

Reaction score
During my trip to NYC I was considering a shopping trip to Century 21. Even if I don't have a ton of money to spend, is it worth it? I know it's discount, but by how much? I'll only have about $200 to work with. What kind of designers do they carry on a normal basis? If I do go, when's the best time? Morning, evening, weekend or weekday?

Name some great finds you've gotten from Century 21. :flower:

Go at an off peak time because that place is always swamped!! Weeday as early as possible. <3

Originally posted by lovespell@Oct 11 2004, 09:21 PM
During my trip to NYC I was considering a shopping trip to Century 21. Even if I don't have a ton of money to spend, is it worth it? I know it's discount, but by how much? I'll only have about $200 to work with. What kind of designers do they carry on a normal basis? If I do go, when's the best time? Morning, evening, weekend or weekday?

Name some great finds you've gotten from Century 21. :flower:
[snapback]394268[/snapback]​

yes, it's a must, even if you have $20, not $200. Go early in the morning (it opens at 8 a.m.) - otherwise it's mayhem.

That's so funny, I just came back for NYC. We stayed at Millenium Hilton right across from Century 21, and I didn't go because I thought it was some kind of a cheap place! :(

Originally posted by Kora@Oct 12 2004, 12:38 PM
That's so funny, I just came back for NYC. We stayed at Millenium Hilton right across from Century 21, and I didn't go because I thought it was some kind of a cheap place! :(
[snapback]394782[/snapback]​

:doh:

Agree with Faust (I think they open at 7:30 though). Never, ever go at lunchtime, and never, ever go on weekends. Before 10 a.m. is the only time to shop and if you go on the right day, they will be putting out new stock or had done so the previous night. They carry any name brand imaginable and their sales are even better!

However, since 9-11 (they were closed for awhile) I just haven't found the same killer selection & bargains there, but defintely worth it for even basics like name brand socks and undies......

be prepared to hunt... it can be quite chaotic...
the shoes are in a separate stsore now...
make up and accessories and menswear on the ground floor
basic clothing and lingerie upstairs-good lingerie and hosiery
and designers and coats on the top level

happy shopping...

I've gotten some amazing things from Century21. They've got a huge selection of designers there, but as softgrey said, you've got to search.

I've heard so much about Century 21 in the last couple of days! What is it exactly -- just a store that sells designer stuff at discounted prices? Does anyone know the exact location of it? I'm visiting NYC (for the first time!) in two weeks and I'd love to check the place out. Thanks!

i've been there once, last summer. i got these marc jacobs flats (the ones on the right) for $90 :woot: :heart:

Attachments

• Mettes_Billeder_038.jpg
    Mettes_Billeder_038.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 69
hey everybody
i have no clue if thers already a topic on this

buuuut,
im going to new york in a couple weeks and heard things about century 21. Is it worth going to??

i've been there only once two years ago - i got a pair of marc jacobs flats and a really gorgeous molinari dress, very cheap. as long as you have some time on your hands to look through it all i think it'd be worth a visit.:flower:

When I went I found nothing, but that is probably because I had no time to search. I heard it is useful to go at "stylists hour" i.e. before the rest of the general public are out and about so you have space and time to search.

i went, and i had time to search but i couldnt find anything worth buying. and the only things i found by Balenciaga, were all ripped.:cry:

I'm in new york for 2 weeks, so hopefully i'll find some time.

Thanks everyone!

also, like how cheap are things?? say how much did you pay for the marc jacobs flats?

I have only been a few times, and have never had much luck. I know people who have scored amazing pieces, but it is really hit or miss. I would think it is even harder to find good stuff now considering all the press that the store has gotten, but its probably still worth a shot.

Century 21 is indispensible-- to answer your question re: shoes-- designer shoes are generally around $100-200, at least 1/2 off. I once got a pair of costume national flats that i had eyed at retail for $80, like almost $300 off. I got a fantastic pucci dress there on sale for $350 that was originally like two or three thousand-- and I later saw a pic of Kirsten Davis wearing it (here's a tiny pic one of me wearing it:(p .

Attachments

• art party.jpg
    art party.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 339

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adyczh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"