Chanel 2007-2008 New Bags

BalBabe said:
Thank you for your quick response. Do you know the name of the bag? Is it the 2.55?

Thanks again :wink:

Not a 2.55 . Those are larger and more square/rectangle then just rectacle long and thin.

Most of these bags have really generic names... like classic flap bag in silver... blah blah blah. I know they are usally generic enough to forget, and the SAs never know what your talking about unless you have a photo.

(I was trying to describe my red purse to an SA, they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about till I showed it to them in their last seasons catalog)

rhiannonmars said:
(I was trying to describe my red purse to an SA, they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about till I showed it to them in their last seasons catalog)

Your red bag is gorgeous!

BalBabe said:
Thank you for all your help. I'm calling Chanel tomorrow to make sure I get one of these bags ^_^ .

Meeeeee too!

If my husband ever got home from fixing my computer, I'd be back at Neiman Marcus now!

I was stupid not to ask when they are available. Then I saw that on on ebay and see they must be! It's weird, some stores have already had their Chanel trunk shows, but some are not till the end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
pucci_mama said:
No black in my bag?? Only white?? :cry:

Did you se some measurments? I am talking about the square one.. thanks SO much for your help rhiannonmars :heart: :smile:

04f.jpg

This is called Squared Vintage (or Square vintage)
Neiman Marcus San Francisco was going to carry it in black.

Call me a nut, but since NM is not to far away from me I stopped back in today. I waitlisted for the dark silver purse, first on the list! She thought I was crazy that I even knew about it yet. The SA had not even look at her Fall sales catalog yet.

She had no idea when most bags were comming in. She says sometimes they might come in July, or even not till September. I'm sure she will know more on the trunk show date two weeks from now.

I'm excited though. This dark silver looks so lovely, mysterious, and dark for Fall!!

They were doing a pre-sale too. Lots of Chanel bags on sale!

Last edited by a moderator:
rhiannonmars said:
Call me a nut, but since NM is not to far away from me I stopped back in today. I waitlisted for the dark silver purse, first on the list! She thought I was crazy that I even knew about it yet. The SA had not even look at her Fall sales catalog yet.

She had no idea when most bags were comming in. She says sometimes they might come in July, or even not till September. I'm sure she will know more on the trunk show date two weeks from now.

I'm excited though. This dark silver looks so lovely, mysterious, and dark for Fall!!

Not nuts at all :lol: . If I were close to a Chanel Boutique, I would have been there today as well. Did you see a swatch of the leather or just a picture. It looks shiney, like it could be metallic, but then again it's hard to get a true picture on a monitor.

BalBabe said:
Not nuts at all :lol: . If I were close to a Chanel Boutique, I would have been there today as well. Did you see a swatch of the leather or just a picture. It looks shiney, like it could be metallic, but then again it's hard to get a true picture on a monitor.

They think they will have one in one their trunk show day which is the 16th of June. She said I could always change my mind before then. It's nice to be first on the waitlist now though. It looked like they were going to get 109 pieces of that purse into the store from what the catalog said, but I heard her mumbling that she never gets anywhere near that number of purses in. Who knows, maybe it is anticipated to be really popular?

I think its a matte metallic, not glossy or over bearing. I think it is suppose to look antique burnished silver. That seems the theme with their bags this season, lots of distressed metallics and bags with a vintage theme. (like that square one I posted about, and the classic 2.55 they are bringing back)

Awww.. thanks so much for the info rhianonmars :flower:

The purse you have picked out is soooo lovely! Im having trouble deciding between that and the square bag! They are both sooo devine! I might have to get both! :smile:

So are the waitinglists open now? Did you see the square in the catalougue what did it look like compared to the picture in this thread?

Thanks for all your help!

rhiannonmars said:
They think they will have one in one their trunk show day which is the 16th of June. She said I could always change my mind before then. It's nice to be first on the waitlist now though. It looked like they were going to get 109 pieces of that purse into the store from what the catalog said, but I heard her mumbling that she never gets anywhere near that number of purses in. Who knows, maybe it is anticipated to be really popular?

I think its a matte metallic, not glossy or over bearing. I think it is suppose to look antique burnished silver. That seems the theme with their bags this season, lots of distressed metallics and bags with a vintage theme. (like that square one I posted about, and the classic 2.55 they are bringing back)

Ooooh, you have to post about the trunk show. Please, let us know what this bag looks like in person. I'm hoping it's as beautiful as it is in the picture. Metallic, matte or not, all the better :wink: .

Regarding the classic 2.55 that they are bringing back, is that the one without the CC's and the quilting is flat instead of puffy?

pucci_mama said:
Awww.. thanks so much for the info rhianonmars :flower:

The purse you have picked out is soooo lovely! Im having trouble deciding between that and the square bag! They are both sooo devine! I might have to get both! :smile:

So are the waitinglists open now? Did you see the square in the catalougue what did it look like compared to the picture in this thread?

Thanks for all your help!

The catalog photo in the NM sales catalog looked just about the same. They had no dimensions listed. I looked specifically for you, but nothing! I think it's going to be a really sexy bag. I imagine it is duffle bag like?! Looks like the leather is going to be nice distressed leather. I never carry around much with me, or else I would consider that too.

BalBabe said:
Regarding the classic 2.55 that they are bringing back, is that the one without the CC's and the quilting is flat instead of puffy?

Thats the one. That is going to come in antique silver and gold too, but no cc's. I just can't imagine it looks that fun to wear. I can see it with a vintage black 1940's dress, but that is all I can picture wearing it with.

the f/w chanels are really standing out!

i think the 2.55 remake is going to be the bag of the season:heart:

I agree pradaromance!

wow, rhianonmars, thanks for all your help i will call Chanel tomorrow and hopefully get on the watinglist. :smile:

You are such a sweetie!

rhiannonmars said:
Thats the one. That is going to come in antique silver and gold too, but no cc's. I just can't imagine it looks that fun to wear. I can see it with a vintage black 1940's dress, but that is all I can picture wearing it with.

I agree, I'm not loving the remake either.

I think Chanel have done the nicest bags this season :heart:

Nothing from the other designers have really been worth looking at IMO.

Oh my...Chanel bags go on sale? I know the shoes do but the bags too? Hmmmm....
Somehow in Asia, around my region, there are hardly any sales for Chanel accessories. :(

Would love to get the tweed bag that candicec has...better if it was on sale!! :wink:
meowmix...did you recall the sales price of the bag? What was the regular price?

What Chanel bags are currently on sale? ^_^

rhiannonmars...thanks for all that update on the new bags!! :flower: Helps with the strategic plannning for new bags... The antique silver is such a fab colour. The gold would be too.... :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mooncholly
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->