Chanel F/W 10.11 Paris

I don't think the iceberg idea whas dumb, but models who looked like bears is way too much for me. Not because those pants were not wearable. It just looked bad. It's a good idea, but the whole packadge didn't work for me.
I remember after seeing like 7 first models of this collection, I thought " Coco deffinitelly can't sleep right now..".
Second part of the collection was great as allways.

A lot of the clothing is really good but I feel it gets lost in the spectacle of the show. The iceberg doesn't enhance or add anything to the clothing or experience. And most of the comments are about the iceberg and the gimmicky faux fur which is a shame because it's a pretty solid collection.

It's taken me quite a while to view the collection in its entirety because the hair, clothing, iceberg, etc. was just too much EVERYTHING. A little bit of restraint would have served this collection very well.

The UK Edition of Grazia had a feature on the glacier, in which they told you how it was done.

It was infact 'snice' which was shipped across, which is a mixture of snow and ice, which was then shaped and compacted into what we saw on the runway by a team of twelve sculptors, taking them a total of five days to complete.

So it was what we were told it was, technically. It did indeed come from Scandinavia, it just wasn't an actual glacier of any kind. They just shipped across a hell of a lot of snow and ice in containers, and then built what they wanted with it!

After the show it was then broken up and recycled within Paris itself.

I just went through the whole collectin (as I`m not so fond to Chanel anyway), those jeti suits must be the most awful pieces of clothing I have ever seen. Actually only looks I liked were black and white knit dress and one all white, long sleeved knit dress. Well, it is more than I expected, based on his previous collections.

Chanel - F/W 10.11 - Full Show HQ

Part 1

Part 2

Chanel - F/W 10.11 - Details

Chanel - F/W 10.11 - Interview

this entire collection reminds me of barbarella.
im so not kidding. hahaha.

I watched the video from the chanel website... Although I hated the clothes, when I see it worn by the models, it actually becomes a lot better. And the music plus hair and makeup were very fitting too. :heart:

it was a fabulous fashion show, the iceberg rock and the clothes WOW :smile: but I have to admit I was like "WTF" at first lol

^ Yes, I was the same way...But, strangely enough, when I saw Karl shooting Abbey Lee and Freja on the streets in Soho, I started to appreciate it all.... B)

^I think all of it coming together might have been a bit much. Losing one or two things (in this case, the iceberg) probably toned it down a bit and set the focus on the actual clothing.

that catwalk is amaizing.. I must confess im a fully fledged fur addict but this is a bit much even by my standerds.. some gorgeous piece though :hearts:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->