Christian Dior F/W 12.13 Paris

It's pretty tame for a Dior collection, not much drama, which is rather disappointing. Seeing this collection I think maybe Raf should have gone to Dior, because what he did at Jil this season is very similar to this collection, only he made it way more interesting.

I don't like the fit of any of these, the proportions are so off it makes all the models look frumpy :( I was hoping for something a bit more exciting

There are a few looks I like (kinda) but overall just no

I think this collection was absolutely stunning.

A lot of people are saying it is boring, and they don't feel the spirit of Dior at all. Which spirit of Dior are you guys referring to? I see the original Christian Dior spirit in this, and this idea of the elegant woman is holding true to the overall theme of this season. I think the palette is charming, with the combination of rosewood, and pale rose.

And I am also wondering how, to the people who say it was boring, would this collection of been done so that it was more interesting?

Good collection.................if we were living in 1910 :rolleyes:
Just one word to describe this: OUTDATED!

It's pretty tame for a Dior collection, not much drama, which is rather disappointing. Seeing this collection I think maybe Raf should have gone to Dior, because what he did at Jil this season is very similar to this collection, only he made it way more interesting.

Yes. I guess we haven't heard the final word on who will do Dior. But this is a viable collection, although, as you say, it's entirely sans drama. Then, if efficiency and predictability is what is prioritized, drama is not possible....

At any rate, this feels like the transition point. Dior has finally shedded its Galliano imprint, for better and for worse...

Soft, elegant...but not too demure. Sweet but not cloying. Just clean and simple enough to avoid overt romanticism, which I'm sick of lately. I think he's moving in the right direction.

And some of those dresses...the way they moved was just divine. So light and full of youthfulness. But a timeless youthfulness. And the gowns! :shock:

The opening outfit was promising, and then it's downhill all the way...yes, agreed it's quite outdated.

With such a collection like this Dior should move to NYFW.

Very nice collection. Colours and shapes was very beautiful. I think this collection was once again very safe, but maybe Dior house doing that because they don't want to create new direction to Dior collections. They just waiting to present new designer collection and new way to Dior creations.

Not knowing much of the history of this house I will say that I quite like it. The color pallet is lovely and I am a sucker for flowly, lightweight fabrics.

So frumpy and hideous. I only like the last gown. Gaytten knows only one silhouette and two skirt lengths, this is ridiculous. I have no idea how he manages to make Dior look so cheap, is it just bad fabric choices or what is it? I've seen department store prom dresses that look more rich and expensive than this. I really try to warm up to Gaytten's work at Dior but it looks like it's not happening for me, I find this horrendous, sorry.

Well... I wasn't THAT disappointing to me. I wasn't expecting anything mind-blowing, though. Some outfits really caught my eye and the color palette is nice.

Nothing much wrong with it. Outdated, yes, but it's perfectly lovely. Hate how some of the fabrics feel, though.

Yes. I guess we haven't heard the final word on who will do Dior. But this is a viable collection, although, as you say, it's entirely sans drama...

Which is the same thing that many criticize Ralph Lauren for every time he does a collection- that sells out overnight!! :wink: You can see this is Dior, and I bet it will be a very big hit in the showroom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->