Christian Dior F/W 12.13 Paris

Gaytten should stop trying to do drape, it really isn't working for him - those finale pieces are just so awkward.
Completely agree with you on the draping. The best way to describe it is "amateurish". It looks completely off in the HQ

Last edited by a moderator:
What I don't understand is the silk pencil skirts with the one center pleat, which I am now calling "the crotch pleat" b/c. these models have some weird things going on in the area....some of the models in the stills make these skirts actually look like pants. Not a good thing.

I like some pieces, but overall it feels a little off..

those gowns are not wow, exciting at all. other brands like marchesa does better than this sort of Dior.

Super elegant and beautiful!

I like seeing Dior like this....we had the OTT drama for a while and now, it's nice to see a more sophisticated look.

I agree with agee...the construction and materials totally ruin the design...I love classic design and all for it but the final execution of the clothes is poor and it has potential to be great...but 'having potential' is not good enough on the runway...also the runway design bores me even more!

So ugly. Sooo ugly. So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so ugly. Not a single piece that makes a woman look good. The lengths are shortening, the volumes are fattening, the drapes are cheap, the colours are boring, the shoes are too blocky and heavy. The long dress on Jac with the jewels is the only decent piece I saw. Very very ugly. My eyes aren't reacting well to this. I feel like I need to wash my face.

Accessories! (stylebistro.com)

Christian+Dior+Fall+2012+Details+QhEx7zCoMaml.jpg
Christian+Dior+Fall+2012+Details+2l5kOyg4_W-l.jpg

Christian+Dior+Fall+2012+Details+ZyzCcJxj0Eil.jpg
Christian+Dior+Fall+2012+Details+XF0HWbWLClrl.jpg

Christian+Dior+Fall+2012+Details+p4KzpMYK2Xll.jpg
Christian+Dior+Fall+2012+Details+QzN7EFXpq9Tl.jpg

Christian+Dior+Fall+2012+Details+i5PXGR6_9xrl.jpg
Christian+Dior+Fall+2012+Details+lJH42LeexxLl.jpg

Anyone else notice a little something off in this look? (the slit on the coat?)
via style.com

Attachments

• 00380m.jpg
    00380m.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 45
the maison Dior wants to put himself above good and evil. Do not hire a new designer to trying hide the fact that Galliano was sometimes bigger than Dior label.

To me this is very Dior. Very pretty too but I wish they'd get a designer who can do Dior with some oomph instead of the ohh that again feeling I get from this collection.

Again, it's like Elie Saab met Ralph Lauren. Better then last collection, but nothing from old Galliano days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->