Christian Dior F/W 2022.23 Paris

It’s persistently uncool. She tries and tries. It’s overworked, tortured and exceptionally badly styled. It lacks the spirit of dior and builds on the frail shaky identity she’s trying to assert. It’s really quite awful. That last segment of dresses is her going ‘I tried I give up here’s some flop dresses’

There's a few looks that I like, but for the most part it just falls flat. Her vision is so fragile that if she moves just an inch in the wrong direction it doesn't work. It's possible she will find her stride eventually, but it's really difficult, as evidenced by her creative offerings so far. And it's been years...

I want to like it, but I can't.

I think it's her worst collection to date. It's not even that ugly per se, even if that first look is just completely irrelevant and a waste of resources. It's the inconsistency of this show that makes it insufferable. MGC had so many ideas and none of them hit the mark. And I really don't want to know what she means by "the next era", especially because she's been stuck in her flop era since day one at Dior.

Tailoring was abysmal. Even Rough Simons' most questionable designs didn't look that cheap. This is a couture house. Have some dignity.
Honestly, Raf's tailoring, despite its cold apathetic appearance, was sharp like a knife. Always my favourite parts of his shows. That and the runway sets that were more than a straight line.

I was reading through the show description and I was thinking… “hmmm… ‘bridging the gap between past and future…’ this seems familiar… where have I seen this before…”

Oh. Nicolas Ghesquière did the same concept for Louis Vuitton Fall 2020… awkward.

I cannot even believe a designer today would do something "sport inspired." It's so played out it makes my stomach churn. This kind of fake athletic thing really doesn't work for designer fashion, in my opinion. If I want athletic wear, I'm going to REI or a sporting goods store. I really do not want some fake designer "luxury" version. It's always so inauthentic and cheesy looking.

All that said, this is really one of her worst collections. It's so ugly. So unflattering. So unimaginative. Very pitiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaseminnnn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->