Christian Dior Haute Couture S/S 2019 Paris

Her first watchable couture show/collection, for the first time I fell a bit of life coming from it, that been said she still far for proving herself as designer or creative director. Another circus themed collection full of boring silhouettes is not gonna do the job. Next!

LOL @ the circus inspiration. This is supposed to be a Couture show: if you want to do something inspired by the crazy world of circus, do it but make it big, make it fun, make it wild. This is just another example of how boring, repetitive and dull her Dior is.

It’s all perfectly nice but this is DIOR ! And it’s a circus ! I’m curious as to what the bosses think about this , they can’t be happy , even if it sells like hotcakes, which I seriously doubt . She’s a good and capable designer but my god this is Dior ! One of the worlds most important brands right ?

Boring presentation, boring clothes...
The presentation was slightly embarrassing with the finale...

There’s no conviction in her designs, no strong statement. Even when she does structures, it’s almost there...
In terms of tailoring it’s also very poor: no defined shoulder, length or anything.

And we can’t say that she pushes the Ateliers. Her flou is slightly better than the tailleurs tho.

I want to ask her the same question as Hedi: Why have you accepted to be the designer of Dior? Money, Fame? Because it wasn’t a challenge...She hasn’t challenged neither her aesthetic or the Ateliers ( I remember all the reportages French TV did for her, people in the Ateliers were surprised by how quick her process was).

Yikes, I found this really difficult digest. It's just so desperate. You have capes, suits, pants, minis, full-length... sheer, lame, woven, neutral, multi-coloured, black. Everything that could possibly exist in the fashion annal is available in this collection.

Yes, she certainly tried very hard with certain looks. But I don't think the end result is very pleasing. Maybe this collection, with it's gaudy and literal design elements is really her, and not the fencing collection, or the equestrian collection. Which, however contrived, at least seemed seamless and defined. That was suuch a ballsy statement. You either liked it or you didn't. And if you didn't, tough! With this offering she's all over the place. Want to appeal to qll the women on the street.
Loads of history books will have been consulted by the looks of it.

The coast is once again clear for Karl to make a killing again. His couture peers always make it so easy for him!

I made the biggest eye roll in the history of eye rolling when the dancers started off the show... major MAJOR ugh! I don't even know how I had the willpower to watch the live stream until the twelfth or thirteenth look. More of the same old!

The sooner Maria Grazia Chiuri makes her exit from Dior - the better!

She had such an easy theme (seriously circus codes are so big and perfect for couture) and she made it boring, not fun, not extravagant at all.

I feel like she is so uptight in her mind. She has the mindset of a 13yo girl when it comes to design. LVMH is a joke. Their big houses are all messy and definitely not the front runners in the industry right now. Such a shame.

This magical circus parade created by John for spring 2002 couture 17 years ago comes to my mind after seeing this borefest, saddly they remove the original soundtrack.

The stream was distracting to watch and focus on the clothes. As for the collection, there are some nice pieces here and there but overall it's another miss from her.

Anyone knows what Karl thinks of her? I don't know why but I tend to get the idea that she is making a portfolio/CV for Chanel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->