Christian Dior S/S 2013 Paris

This is very predictable. He needs to move on and be more innovative. This collection was just like his Dior couture show. Those last gowns look exactly like the ones in couture only with different skirts. Maybe he ran out of idea so he ripped the skirt off from last couture gowns and change it with new skirts.

how anyone can call this boring I don't know. it's absolutly beautiful and incredibly well done, and very Dior. especially the last few dresses are really amazing and simply divine. I'd go to heaven wearing one of these:heart:

This is shockingly disappointing, i love him, and i never expected him to do Galliano redux! And after the couture collection, i thought he might blend perfectly for Dior, but this is just soo.......insipid? I feel like i am looking at a NYFW collection! Raf does Oscar!!

Of course i love some pieces, it all has impeccable tailoring, but it doesnt convince me that this should be the new look for Dior, at all.

I don't like it, very Jil Sander ........................

Christian Dior | Spring Summer 2013 | Full Show | Exclusive on You Tube

This is so great.

I don't think it's at all predictable. The color pallete is familiar, but the shapes and silhouettes are interesting and new and unexpected.

It's subtle in the way that Galliano never was. In terms of relevance to modern dress this collection walks circles around any Galliano had put out in the past five years.

I am thrilled.

First of all, no one could say that this collection is not very "Dior" because it actually is! You may think it's ugly or bland, but you cannot justify that the collection is not a reflection of the essence of the house (and more importantly, the aesthetic of the originator of the house).

Now, for me, I thought it was a superb collection! Why? Because it was very MODERN and NEON! For a house that has built its reputation on beautifully applying the styles and techniques of the past in their collections, Dior had the courage to present a collection so effortlessly modern and oh so chic! I also love the fact that, also a quality famous in Dior, the romanticism is still there, only interpreted in a way that can be appreciated not only by romanticists (or vintage-lovers, like myself) but also by people who go for a more youthful or edgy appeal.

Lovely have two horrible dresses but i looooved the collection! #Modernclassic

This has to be the cheapest Dior P.à.P collection I have seen in YEARS. besides, it's the same thing presented in July.

I think many people are brainwashed by John Galliano and don't know what the original Dior was like.

Exacly.
It was great! A mix between romantic and acid.
I loved the way its a continuation of last couture colection but with an whole new aproach.
Absolutely perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:
What Raf needs to achieve now is to create something as iconic as a Chanel jacket! A real timeless modernity! That would be his biggest challenge!

There are some very questionable pieces and look rather dated, even though the materials are cutting edge, but overall, this is the Dior I am hoping for!!

The only thing which is predictable here is the 'i-adore-hedi' and 'lovediorhommefrom5yearsagobutitssoboringnow" contributors slashing the collection. A bit of openmindedness surely never hurt anyone :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a a sad show I got bored.
The fabrics and the venue were interesting but
there are really horrible, horrible dresses.

You're probably thinking that Raf wouldn't mix with GALLIANO'S Dior. What he did last couture WAS Dior. Read up on Dior, look at pictures, and you'll understand. He made a collection that was extremely client friendly, while still being able to have mass appeal with it. And he studied Dior's history. It shows. He's going to do a great job at Dior.

"he is going to", when in 4 seasons ? Jeez, when you have so much power and oportunities, every collection should be breathtaking. If you Google Christian Dior, you will find incredible volumes, he is one of the best couturier ever with Balenciaga and Givenchy. Galliano used to work those volumes, in his own fantasy and rules.

Do you see incredibles volumes ? Do you feel the DNA of Raf Simons, the Belgian fashion designer known for this cutting edge silhouettes ? If you call those itsy-bitsy "I am going to sell well" dress strong pieces, good for you. I except a lot and I will stay honnest with my thoughts:flower::flower::flower:.

I dont like this.

I understand that it is interesting and yeah something whatever, but I just dont like it.
there were SO MANY evening looks, It just gets a little forgettable. I like the little Neon section in the middle. The looks at the end I purely disliked...Just not my taste.

I think many people are brainwashed by John Galliano and don't know what the original Dior was like.

THIS! Reading these comments makes me wonder if people do their homework on the brands, especially when you have a designer like Galliano at the helm for SO LONG.

This collection was absolutely breath taking, and that's not the Raf lover in me talking. He took his own aesthetic and melded it with the Dior DNA so well - simple, chic, elegant, but still stayed true to his little quirks - the metallic features, the embellishment, the bedazzled dresses - alongside the tailoring that was SO Dior, and his take on the New Look, I think he's done as astounding job.

I think the trouble with having been so successful at another label is that people will look at this and not see much difference between this collection and what he did during his years at Jil Sander. In my opinion it's not a great collection. It's not memorable for his first RTW collection at Dior.

This is great! Like such a lot of creations there... Well, I´m not completely in love with this... cause there are few dresses which are questionable for me... but think this is one of the most interesting collections of PFW... love how Raf took his opportunity to build a "old-new" Dior girl

If only people could appreciate the beauty of minimalism....

For me, with this collection, I would love for a girl to wear one of those pleated skirt suits...the rest of the collection was gorgeous....definetely an ode to his wonderful couture collection...

And I just love it when he keeps the embellishments at a minimal, it feels more appreciated that way in my opinion, it doesn't scream forced and he knows that he can be comfortable with the use if simplicity.

P.S. this half skirt thing seems to be the "it" thing of the season....

The only thing which is predictable here is the 'i-adore-hedi' and 'lovediorhommefrom5yearsagobutitssoboringnow" contributors slashing the collection. A bit of openmindedness surely never hurt anyone :smile:

Sorry, but I have to say that you need a bit of openmindedness yourself... Just because some people don't like this collection, doesn't mean they're over-adoring Hedi. I myself don't find this collection good, but I'm not really a fan of Hedi. It's really just about each person personal opinion of this collection :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->