Christian Dior S/S 2013 Paris

94c212ea096e11e2a9d822000a1de77b_7.jpg

jessicamichault instagram

This is such a different direction for Dior... I don't know what to think about this.. it's too bold and simple.

BORING and PREDICTABLE

I knew since the beginning that Raf's world would not mix perfectly with the Dior dna. This is not the level of the worst collection ( if it exists...) for Jil Sander.
Nothing is edgy, so of course, people with safe fashion tastes will adore this "chic and modern" approach of feminity, but it does not gives goosebumps like any Jil Sander show. A big step forward for this designer, maybe it's the mediatic pressure, I don't know

And many girls could not work properly on the heels....

This show was fantastic. Those metallic skirts were just so insanely good. The tailoring in it was absolutely beautiful. And the black gown with the tulle towards the end... oh my god. I love this. And watching Raf running around and blowing kisses was one of the best parts<3

I absolutely love this. I was worried how Raf would manage his minimalistic vision in a house like Dior, and he succeeded! I love the shapes, the detailing, the set, everything. Now I'm beggining to forget how great was Galliano when he first started at Dior.

I think many people are brainwashed by John Galliano and don't know what the original Dior was like.

BORING and PREDICTABLE

I knew since the beginning that Raf's world would not mix perfectly with the Dior dna. This is not the level of the worst collection ( if it exists...) for Jil Sander.
Nothing is edgy, so of course, people with safe fashion tastes will adore this "chic and modern" approach of feminity, but it does not gives goosebumps like any Jil Sander show. A big step forward for this designer, maybe it's the mediatic pressure, I don't know

And many girls could not work properly on the heels....

You're probably thinking that Raf wouldn't mix with GALLIANO'S Dior. What he did last couture WAS Dior. Read up on Dior, look at pictures, and you'll understand. He made a collection that was extremely client friendly, while still being able to have mass appeal with it. And he studied Dior's history. It shows. He's going to do a great job at Dior.

Last edited by a moderator:
First part: extremely boring and everything was already being showed in the couture show (same shapes and fabrics and constructions)-->unnecessary
Middle part: so tacky and cheap with all those shiny flowing fabric...a bit too much inspired from Atelier Versace FW12 with the difference Donatella did gowns (which looked gorgeous) and not minidresses or tops paired with short pants
Final part: boring and uninspired...you can't stage a Dior show without showing any single gown

Shoes looked good but also looked uncomfortable (every model started to loose balance after few minutes walking in those)...only few bags which all looked pretty much the same

this is another fail after the couture show, I can't believe I'm saying this but Gaytten was MUCH MUCH better than him! :shock:

I think many people are brainwashed by John Galliano and don't know what the original Dior was like.

but it will never be like the original Dior, it's like Balenciaga, Cristobal would never design clothes like Ghesquiere

Ditch at least 70% of the suits and suitlike pieces and then it's a bold statement. Now, it's predictable with a dash of surprising techno fabrics and some very nice draped items. Eventhough it's not dominated by suits, it still is what sticks to me most.

And the styling and music was so cold. I missed soul in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I simply don't get why people complain about raf simons not being 'dior' enough - same thing after couture already. i mean, just take a look at the new look collection. simons' collections for dior so far are a stunningly modern take on the classic dior (look at the last three gowns!), and i love him for this.

the hc show was so much better, the shoes looked really bad (can tell from the models :lol:) and i would say i like the yellow piece but that's it really

I simply don't get why people complain about raf simons not being 'dior' enough - same thing after couture already. i mean, just take a look at the new look collection. simons' collections for dior so far are a stunningly modern take on the classic dior (look at the last three gowns!), and i love him for this.

totally

I can't co-sign on this, Raf's career is basically dead to me now. :ninja:

His approach to design doesn't seem as organic as it once was. When the best looks of the collection bring to mind YSL and not Christian Dior, there's a clear and obvious problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->