Desert Boots

couture.gab

Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find a thread on them, but I have certainly noticed them around quite a lot lately.

I think They're cool and I want a pair in camel I just don't know how a girl could wear them?

desertbootsrunway.jpg

desertboots.jpg

Credit: fashionbeans.com/mens-fashion-trends

Last edited by a moderator:
These are a pair I saw in General Pants the other day (the photo isn't mine - but they are the exact same)

GENRAL+PANTS+JIMI+LOVES+MIMI.jpg

Mimi loves Jimi - Mens

eBayISA...II

Mimi Loves Jimi - Womens

ebay.com.au

I've been spotting them in shows and stores, too. :heart:
I would wear them with something short, either a skirt or shorts, they also don't look too bad with tights.

I think you can get away with them with a skirt or shorts. With the legs showing you add a femininity so it doesn't get too manly.

I'm thinking of buying a pair of the classic Clarks desert boots. I think they'd be pretty easy to throw together with a pair of jeans. I read in one article that women shouldn't try the trend, but I like a challenge.

I think I will buy some as well, they can be hipster as well as conservative. I can't believe they said women shouldn't try them! please!

Now I want to try them more than ever

I like these, the camel colour works well. On guys they look good with slim cut trousers, like on the above images.

i'm definitely feeling the desert boot thing...
i have always liked them...
more than the regular clarks...
i think they are really a classic...
but they seem to be having a revival at the moment...
which is fine with me...cause they are so cute...

it is definitely harder for a woman to wear them...
i can vouch for that...
but it can be done...
^_^...

they didn't used to make them for women though...
you would have to get a small size in the men's style...
and they run big to start with...
so it's not always easy to find them for women...

maybe now they will start making them especially for women though, since it's getting so popular...?

:unsure:

I hope they start making more for women! I saw some women's ones in General Pants. They have a narrower look to the toe. Im guessing to make them less masculine.

cydwoq had a similar pair that i nearly bought (basically, they were mens' shoes, but you can special order smaller sizes for the same price plus shipping and handling)... i've forgotten the name of the style had something to do w/ tibet maybe...heh.
i'd just wear them with jeans and cuffed pants...

I have noticed these alot around the british high street with the new seasons stuff starting to filter through.. I can not for the life of me think what i wouldwear them with,but being the boot addict i am im sure ill give them a go, i think the colour of the orginal sandy ones hits the colour pallete of the minute perfectly, has any one got any street style snaps of people weairng these?? I think that will give me more of an ideal of the wearablity then catwalks can...

I have noticed these alot around the british high street with the new seasons stuff starting to filter through.. I can not for the life of me think what i wouldwear them with,but being the boot addict i am im sure ill give them a go, i think the colour of the orginal sandy ones hits the colour pallete of the minute perfectly, has any one got any street style snaps of people weairng these?? I think that will give me more of an ideal of the wearablity then catwalks can...

via the Model Street Style thread

desert.jpg

I've seen them around in quite a few stores and on people - made for both men and women. I've been planning to get a pair. Just never got around to it yet.
In the summer I would definitely be wearing them with a pair of lose fitted shorts or a flowy skirt/dress. For when it get's colder I think the pic above looks good. And I would either pair them with tights or a pair of skinny jeans/pants (I think it might look nice if the pants are slightly rolled-up) ^_^
I guess I would pretty much wear them in the same way as I wear oxfords.

A few pics from Copenhagen.
turist.jpg
seenonthestreet03.jpg

[copenhagenstreetstyle.dk]

I love 'em! Thought about getting a pair during the winter, but I guess that kind of beats their point, haha. I can picture them giving an offbeat vibe to almost any outfit, I think I could wear them with nearly anything! Summer boooooooots :heart:

do these class as desert boots still? I have seen alot around with this almost wedge heal, think they are a bit better looking tbh but not sure if youd still class them as a desert boot

band18.jpg

hoyfashion.co.uk

oh no o_o; well i hope they don't get too popular, i had no idea.. i've been on the hunt for the perfect pair for some time now. sometimes the shape is too clunky or narrow tending to make my feet look smaller than they are.. it's so finicky

my favourite was a bluish pair by YSL but it was several years ago..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->