Designer & Fashion Insiders Behavior (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

Katie Grand's face during the Zoolander finale at Valentino... :lol:

Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 12.31.29 PM.jpg
my screenshot from valentino.com livestream

^ She's pissed it one-upped all the stupid reality stars she put on the runway.

If the ugly collections and lack of financial morals wasn't enough... can we dismiss them completely now? :sick:

Dolce & Gabbana: 'The Only Family Is The Traditional One'

Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, fashion design icons, business partners for decades, and a same-sex couple until they split several years ago, not only don't support same-sex marriage, but they've now come out attacking it.

In an interview with Panorama magazine and translated by LGBT News Italia, the former couple and billionaire designers came out swinging.

"The only family is the traditional one. No chemical offsprings and rented uterus: life has a natural flow, there are things that should not be changed."

The Spanish news site ABC.es offered more comments from their Panorama interview.

Procreation "must be an act of love," Domenico Dolce says, according to a Google translation. "I call children of chemistry, synthetic children. Uteri [for] rent, semen chosen from a catalog."

"The family is not a fad," adds Stefano Gabbana. "In it there is a supernatural sense of belonging."

Their stance against same-sex marriage isn't new – they have been saying it for years – but attacking families headed by same-sex parents is.

In a 2013 interview with London's The Telegraph, Dolce mentions, “I’m a practising Catholic." The two designers were asked if they had ever considered marrying each other.

“What?! Never!” they answer in chorus, “I don’t believe in gay marriage.” Dolce laughs. In Catholic Italy, has their sexuality proved a problem? “No, never,” says Dolce. “The fashion industry is full of gays.”

And in 2006, Stefano Gabbana told the Daily Mail, "I am opposed to the idea of a child growing up with two gay parents."
thenewcivilrightsmovement

If the ugly collections and lack of financial morals wasn't enough... can we dismiss them completely now? :sick:

thenewcivilrightsmovement

I'm confused. So they are gay though they are opposed to gay marriage and gay parents. :huh:

That Dolce & Gabbana thing is confusing. So they have the traditional catholic stance on homosexuality yet they practice it? So they're breaking their own rules? How is it OK to be in the relationship but everything else is wrong? Their argument sounds like the typical indoctrinated child, like they were told what to believe and never questioned it. It kind of sounds like they have little clue about the subject.
Also after the tax evasion thing it's difficult to take them seriously when they talk about morality.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't call it an attack. They're allowed to have their views. They're not saying homosexuality is wrong. they are saying a family consists of a man and a woman.

I just think it's disappointing that such prominent gays would come out and denounce the love between two same sex people and a family that those people are trying to build.

Where to begin with D&G? They believe that a penis and a vagina between two parents are required to raise children. You can't talk sense to them.

(Here in America we see this ideology amongst a very *few* gay men as well. They seem both self-hating and woman-hating with a doormat sensitivity, who enjoy their token status ("I'm gay but I disagree with gay marriage and adoption!") within a certain group.)

I wouldn't call it an attack. They're allowed to have their views. They're not saying homosexuality is wrong. they are saying a family consists of a man and a woman.

I just think it's disappointing that such prominent gays would come out and denounce the love between two same sex people and a family that those people are trying to build.

They are directly attacking homosexuality by saying a family/parents must be male-female. Their comments about "synthetic children" will offend even straight couples who have adopted or used IVF. Not to mention all the children who need adopting in this world...

What are they doing?! :lol: The fallout is just starting, can't wait to see the celebrities and magazines that drop them!

Strange that two of the biggest designers in one of the most open and progressive industries can harbor such conservative and antiquated views. The comments they made are absurd, but I can't help but feel a pang of sadness for them. They must still have major issues with who they are, and continue to live with some pain/shame/self-loathing about their sexualities, which no doubt harkens back to their upbringing.

Well they certainly will be losing quite a number of celebrity clientele. Madge won't like this type of statement..

Strange that two of the biggest designers in one of the most open and progressive industries can harbor such conservative and antiquated views. The comments they made are absurd, but I can't help but feel a pang of sadness for them. They must still have major issues with who they are, and continue to live with some pain/shame/self-loathing about their sexualities, which no doubt harkens back to their upbringing.

I agree with this... doesn't make it any less revolting, but it must be revolting for them, as well.

That is so incredibly pathetic, I don't even... What, are they that desperate for the headlines?

This is incredibily sad to read. It is true, that everyone is entitled to their opinion but gay people are the last I'd expect to make such remarks. And I agree, this will totally backfire, they will lose clients because of it. When will people start to realize that love is the most important, not the gender of a person?

Well Elton John is pissed according to The Guardian and calling for a boycott. Dang!

It is sad but coming from a Catholic upbringing myself, not surprising, ah.. f*ck up daily and then chill, open your arms to god's everything-goes forgiveness and feel the love. True magnanimity..
So yeah it is totally common to be gay but practise homophobia, to believe in marriage but have the occassional affair too, to be a mafia lord and invest on building churches... :lol:

The bad news is that these ideas are so common, even my mother (who's quite progressive) was active on gay rights, 'just don't go into adoption'. After many heated arguments over the years she's now with us in 2015. But it's common, the good news are, it's mostly an older generation and they're slowly departing. And they're taking their cliché views on fashion and womenswear too thank god.

Also, IVF is more in the realm of biological science than chemistry. As for the procreation should be an act of love, there are a lot of children who were conceived with no love at all even though it was still a natural conception, I wonder what they say about them

The way Stefano is handling the situation is beyond immature with all the stupid, parody posts about it.

D&G responds

Dolce & Gabbana founders Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana say they did not mean to judge other people's choices when they criticized same-sex parenting and the method of conceiving children via artificial insemination, which sparked controversy on Sunday and a scathing response by Elton John.
The singer-songwriter, who shares two sons born to a surrogate with husband David Furnish, had said, "Your archaic thinking is out of step with the times, just like your fashions." John's remarks included a call to boycott the luxury designer label.
Dolce said in a statement that while his own family was "traditional", that does not "imply that I don't "understand different ones," according to the U.K. newspaper The Guardian.
"I was talking about my personal view, without judging other people's choices and decisions," he added. "I'm Sicilian and I grew up in a traditional family, made up of a mother, a father and children. I am very well aware of the fact that there are other types of families and they are as legitimate as the one I've known...But in my personal experience, family had a different configuration. That is the place where I learnt the values of love and family."

Gabbana said in his own statement, "it was never our intention to judge other people's choices. We do believe in freedom and love," according to the newspaper.
"We firmly believe in democracy and the fundamental principle of freedom of expression that upholds it," he added.
Neither designer mentioned John.
Dolce and Gabanna, who used to be involved in a romantic relationship, had made their controversial comments to Italian magazine Panorama. Gabbana had called children conceived via insemination, a method used by both same-sex pairs and heterosexual couples, "synthetic."
He added, "The only family is the traditional one," while his business partner commented, "Life has its natural course, there are things that must not be changed. And one of these is the family"
John's call to boycott Dolce & Gabbana drew support from several celebrities, including fellow gay parentsRyan Murphy and Ricky Martin as well as Sharon Stone, a mother of three adopted sons.
http://www.eonline.com/news/635875/...thetic-babies-remarks-condemned-by-elton-john

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->