Did Kristen Stewart diss Twilight?

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by kokobombon, Mar 1, 2009.

1. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

There are a lot of gossip about the fact that she "hates" Twilight, the fans, the fame and so on...

From Perez Hilton.com:
    http://perezhilton.com/?s=kristen+stewart

Apparently the Twilight star was not prepared for fame at all because she's bitching about it every chance she gets!!
    In a new interview with Nylon magazine, she likens the Twilight madness to the "most ****ing psychotic situations," and complains about the 'quality' of questions she was asked on the press tour.
    "Anywhere we'd go for Twilight was a psychotic situation. The sound was deafening, and it's thoughtless, as well… You get a slew of all these bull**** questions like, 'What's it like to kiss a vampire?' and 'How much do you love Robert?' Then you'll get one that's actually real, but you're like, 'No, I can't right now, I can't even consider [it]."
    So what would you prefer to be asked, K-Stew??
    Nothing at all?
    She also unknowingly admits to having absolutely little to no personality by revisiting her yawnworthy appearance on Letterman last November.
    "I feel like I have nothing to say on those shows… I'm not good at the funny thing—most people are really great on those shows. I don't have a contrived personality that [I can] just pump out [for] a five-minute segment, so I end up sitting there and looking kind of baffled. Embarassing."
    How about plug your movie and throw out an anecdote or two?
    What a twat!

From celebuzz.com:
    http://www.celebuzz.com/kristen-stewarts-dad-disses-twlight-s88911/

Television producer John Stewart was asked why his daughter wasn't walking the red carpet at the Oscars. After all we had Robert PattinsonTwlight on-screen lover? working the red-carpet crowd and pulling in the television viewers on the show. Where was his
    John told Access Hollywood's Billy Bush that Kristen would present at the Oscars, "when it's a great movie, not just one that makes a lot of money."

So... what do you guys think?

2. carmen_kass

carmen_kass Active Member

Well she's very young, she's clearly not the most eloquent or well versed but whatever. I like that not all celebrities are all disney-ish rehersed and labotomised. I hope she can silence her critics with good acting, and maybe with that she'll leave other actresses who are her age behind with good work rather than greed for publicity and covers.

3. le go garçon 84

le go garçon 84 New Member

I'm sure she knows the relevance the twilight movies (good or bad) can have in her carreer so i think she's not gonna lose that opportunity, she can do "good" movies later on.

4. Label Basher

Label Basher New Member

Every man and his dog on ONTD says that both Rob and Kristen HATE Twilight.

I don't think they hate it but they do wish it hadn't blown up like it has.

Even though Rob said at the Oscars that Breaking Dawn (Book 4) will probably get made I have a hard time believing that Kristen will sign on for it.

5. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

agreed. -_-

I must say.. I find it a bit moronic that Twilight psychos actually expect the movie cast to be as much into the book as they are and refuse to acknowledge that the girl had never read the stories like it was inconceivable to dislike overhyped authors with terrible writing or not even be aware of them cause you don't actually check Borders' Top 10 bestsellers as a point of reference. I can totally imagine the script and director's description being a lot more dimensional and exciting than the story itself, and it was one big gig with fairly respectable people involved, no reason to reject it. It seems perfectly normal that someone would assume it was yet another adaptation of a bestseller instead of the bible of some of the creepiest nerds in town. If anything, I feel bad for Kristen.. but it's not like her career depends on this, she's was in a Sean Penn movie, that should clear some of the dust. :argg:

#5 MulletProof, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator Aviar: Mar 1, 2009
  6. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

i agree Mulletproof with all, but...
    i didn't read the book and yet i find it very senseless (by PR means) to diss the twilight when you're not just a spectator but a real involvee. i don't think there would be any discussion to this if she wasn't kinda constantly repeating her view on it, it okay kristen, we got it you don't like it. repeating the same words that can be viewed from various perspectives (from "stating her opinion in difference to lobotomised disney-flick-kids" to really disrespectful girl who disses on her own decisions while saying it..). it's not like anyone had been puting her in the same box with all the hudgens/tinsdales (or whatever their name is) of the world called acting, just like you sad : she was picked by sean p personally to do into the wild...
    it's just that she puts a very non-professional image while stating her opinion, and i find it annoying (not the content itself, but the purpose).
    :)

#6 dajrekshn, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 1, 2009
  7. kokobombon

kokobombon Well-Known Member

^Exactly. And Robert said pretty much a lot of the same things but in a more charming way.
    She said that some questions were bull, but probably she will meet the same interviewers when time comes to promote New Moon and then Eclipse. She could be a little more graceful about the whole thing :innocent:
    Sometimes I feel like she´s trying to prove that she is not an idiot or something, like she´s beyond all that nonsense. And imo it´s come to a point where it´s just annoying to watch her in Twilight related events, she puts her "I´m so sick of all this" face...

8. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

yeah, surprisingly enough i really thought that she will be the one that will be able to move from the whole hype like she entered it and that rob will be the one that will get tamed and go into the direction of classic hollywood partying shizzz (yes, i'm on purpose ignoring the whole ebola thing, it's too much in every single sense, from std's to.....) , but the more i look at it all, i guess kristen might be the one that will actually get the short cut from this all, and not in a positive way. rob's kinda doing it all through his charme's and being nice and relaxed.

9. Les_Sucettes

Les_Sucettes Well-Known Member

Perez hates her because, he's "in Love" with Robert Pattinson. He does Exactly the same thing to that girlfriend of that Disney kid. He has to be the one most mysogynistic man in the media.

But anyway, back on topic, the producers have been pimping Rob and Kristen like I've never seen any actors being pimped, she's not exactly the most eloquent of persons so I'm not surprised that what comes out doesn't sound very polite.
    The Twilight fandom is one of the scariest fandoms around, I'm not surprised she's fed up with it all, I would be too.

10. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

but isn't that the "normal way" to do in today's world? i mean, it is all about money? she acts and in return gets the money for doing it, she signed for it so there was a possibility for this level of success to happen, and she just does her job? i mean does anyone with a normal job get to say this kind of stuff in their immidiate surrounding and "and get away with it"?
    it does seem awful and i do find it sickening at times to see to what level world is functioning, but that's just the way it is. capitalism.

11. Les_Sucettes

They were doing publicity rounds like I've never seen other actors doing, it was unrelentless, I've followed other actors before and i've never see anything what those two had to do for the Twilight PR, it was total exploitation in my opinion, she clearly had no idea of what Being in Twilight would entail. I understand totally that she's more than frustrated.
    Rob is more gracious about all this, But that exactly why everyone loves Rob and she doesn't get the same level of interest, but i do not think she deserves at all this criticism and besides everyone(me included) seem to forget that she's terribly young. she has a lot to learn.

I Think Kristen could say anything she feels like at the moment, stuff that probably would be problematic for other actors like directly attacking the movie, don't seem to affect her, Rob and Kristen are Summits golden gooses, and like You said "it's all about" the money" and at the moment they are giving the company lots of it.

#11 Les_Sucettes, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator optimusprime: Mar 1, 2009
  12. dajrekshn

dajrekshn New Member

i agree.i think she's just annoying to people with this statements, nothing more (in a critical sense). on the other hand,she might be young but it's not her 1st movie, but other than that i do agree with you. :flower:

13. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

I don't think she's openly dissing the book or the movie but the cult surrounding them, which is truly exaggerated in comparison with such a simple story..that caliber of attention can only be fueled by extra-hormonal underage readers, the kind that want to know it all, buy it all, and obviously drive publications to sell that exact same gigantic product the fans are looking for and force actors to turn into this big staged joke where they have to act and hopefully respond like the characters in the movie 24/7 and it's public disappointment if they are not.

Rob seems to get more naturally with all of it because he's older, and he's on that safe corner where his 'charm' like koko pointed out can get him far with the female fans, which are always more present, vocal and easily forgiving than male ones when it comes to these type of phenomenons.. not to mention that, despite difficulties with the new-found fame, he had already lived closely this kind of attention through Harry Potter so he's had a long time to work on his diplomacy levels.. he can sugarcoat them or ditch a question whereas Kristen just shudders..

14. simons

simons Member

she's probably trying to distance herself from it so she's not typecasted as that girl from twilight. i mean look at the young harry potter actors.

i do agree that the publicity for twilight is waaaay too much. and although she could have been more nicer (and the actual quote about he oscars, her father, not her said it), i kind of have to agree with it. :ninja:

15. Les_Sucettes

Well i actually agree with you, There is absolutely no need for this statements, (and I do not think in any way you are criticizing her), But I do not think she should be judged too severely for making them.
    I say she's young because the girl seems to be full of idealism, give her a couple more years and she'll learn to bite her Tongue and shut her month.:flower:

16. eternitygoddess

eternitygoddess Active Member

They need to go into witness protection after it ends.

17. colourmefashion

colourmefashion PrettySmileyStew ♥

Honestly, it's what her dad said, not her directly.

And you have to admit that the Twilight fans are a little psycho at these events, and I would have the same reaction she has.
    People are just misconstruding her words into that she hates what she does, if she hated it that much she wouldn't have taken the job, or even auditioned.

The movie wasn't meant to be big, so I think that their reactions and actions toward the new fame are fine. They are learning to deal with being in the public eye a hell of a lot more then they were ever used to, and the fans of Twilight are just embarassing themselves and any other normal fan out there.

18. Les_Sucettes

I agree totally, it a bit unfair to always compare the way Rob deals with this crazy Twilight fame and Kristen's. By his own admission when Rob got the twilight role, he was in a bit of a crossroad in life, Not working, not studying, he didn't took the Opportunity that the Harry Potter momentum gave him and was deciding what to do with himself, Kristen on the other hand had been working steadly since she was a child and the series was just another movie in her progression has an actress. It's perfectly understandable that she is quite shocked how things turn out. Particularly when she simply did not need any of this, she was doing fine, the same cannot be said about Rob.

19. colourmefashion

colourmefashion PrettySmileyStew ♥

they are both two completely different people that will deal with stress and fame in two completely different ways.

I would like to believe that Kristen tries to lay low and deal with it on her own whereas Rob is always out every night at clubs drinking his worries away and actually enjoying himself in the company of his friends (though sometimes they seem more like people who just want to be noticed, minus TomStu)

ETA: and if you ever notice on celeb gossip sites they always use the pictures of Kristen where she looks unhappy, whereas if you look in her thread the same group of pictures theres a lot of her smiling.

Like when she arrived in Tokoyo, on celebuzz they had a picture of her looking tired and bored, in her thread the same set of pictures most of them she was smiling and waved at the cameras.

Its mostly how the media is showing them, they show Kristen as an unhappy brat and Rob as a drunk and happy party boy.

#19 colourmefashion, Mar 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator lazyone: Mar 1, 2009
  20. Alvedansen

Alvedansen New Member

i think kristen is worried about her reputation...she was an indie-actress with a quite good resumee. now people will look at her as "that girl from twilight" - which isn't a movie with a good story or artsy in ANY way. but that's what she wanted to be known as. and i believe it was just a resumee-filler, no one expected this amount of success. even if she googled the books/fandom before accepting the part she couldn't see this coming
    but the timing of her talking badly about the movies is wrong, there are at least two more to come. and sometimes her quotes seem like she's talking crap about the fans...the whole "stupid questions" thing...girls are not interested in her political views at these events, their hormones are racing and they see their "stars" for the first (and most probably last) time in their lives, of course they scream and cry and ask what it's like to kiss "a vampire" :innocent: just say you don't understand it but accept that it's part of the job and it's all fine...

but it's stupid to expect her to love the books as much as the twihards...she said she's generally not into teen-books and preferred reading "deeper" stuff. what's so wrong about it?! she's an actress, she needs to do movies to get experience and a full resumee, not a single actor/actress is proud of every movie/project they ever did. us "Normal" people also have to work in jobs to pay the rent, although we're not proud of them...