Did Kristen Stewart diss Twilight?

^ lol! i'm in too. pshhh, forget about college tuition...this is where my money needs to go!! :lol:

Rob said that HE is not getting paid $12 million. That's understandable. He's probably in New Moon for all of ten minutes. He also said HE didn't get $2 million for Twilight, which again, is understandable. Besides Harry Potter, he only did TV films. How to Be & Little Ashes were only released in 2008, so his resume really had nothing.

Kristen's resume is quite different. She has at least had experience in films, her reputation is that she's not your average talentless Disney star, etc. Plus, if you look at her style thread, girl has made upgrades in her wardrobe to Juicy Couture leather jackets, $2000 Chanel and Ralph Lauren purses. But you know... maybe they were gifts.

The rumor's source comes from the Chicago Sun-Times, not a random internet gossip board. The page actually containing the news is now no longer available on the internet, but every single site that reports this cites the Chicago Sun-Times as their source. Also, if you go to this ONTD post, they copy and pasted the article in its entirety.

Anyway, the sole reason I brought up the budget of the film in the first place is because no indie gets $40 million. An indie director would be jumping for joy to get $40 million for their film.

Yes, Catherine rejected New Moon. I'm pretty sure I read that she rejected it because (1) they wanted to shoot too early & she didn't have enough time to prepare; (2) they weren't interested in keeping true to the story, they just saw Twilight as a cash cow**; (3) there were rumors that Catherine was difficult to work with in the first place.

** Summit's decision to not increase the budget and it's huge rush job to get it out ASAP indicates its lack of interest in the series. They are a new studio which has been having financial difficulties (rumored). They've just found a film that can make tons of money yet still be crap because teen girls will see it anyway. They're not interested in keeping the spirit of the story alive, which is why the script/shooting is rushed and the budget unchanged. I mean, they want to start shooting Eclipse in AUGUST. Catherine actually really loves the story and wants to keep its integrity so they clashed there. I think that was the main reason she didn't want to do it, because the studio is not really interested in making a good film, just money.

^Catherine said that Summit increased the budget, but she was already out...

Yes, Catherine rejected New Moon. I'm pretty sure I read that she rejected it because (1) they wanted to shoot too early & she didn't have enough time to prepare; (2) they weren't interested in keeping true to the story, they just saw Twilight as a cash cow**; (3) there were rumors that Catherine was difficult to work with in the first place.

Well those are clearly gifts. I totally agree that Kristen must have earned more than Rob in the first film, she was totally involved with Catherine , now I do not believe all, she'll earn more than him in New Moon,maybe they will earn the same, but more I do not believe it IMHO, because it was clear to everyone who the star was and who has the pulling power.

Catherine reject New Moon in her own words to EW as "Tight deadlines" and "Modest budget " and she repeated the same reasons at UCLA.

"I was devastated," said Hardwick, who will release her book "Twilight: Director's Notebook" in March. "I really did feel a strong connection to the people around the world that liked the movie, and to Stephenie and the actors. But I just didn't think I could make a good movie under those circumstances."

Of course there is more to the story, but the fact that she mentions the "modest budget" must ring alarm bells that like you said Summit sees Twilight as their cash cow,I do not want to imagine what New Moon will look like if they do not want to invest what they should in the movie.
I dread the Scene when Edward wants to die by glitter.:lol:

all those stories about Summit are absolutely horrible :shock: i hope they realize that the fans will go crazy if they don't keep the story close to the book and boycott the 3rd film...

I cant remember where I read it, but Summit said that they increased the budget.
And theyre going to shoot in Volterra, that is as accurate to the book as it can be!
About Catherine, at the time there were a lot of rumors that Summit didnt want to work with her again, that she was difficult on set and so on... who knows whats the truth...

Kristen Stewart Interview Twilight New Moon
Posted By: Sheila Roberts

We went head to head with Kristen Stewart to talk about the upcoming Twilight Movie Sequel! MoviesOnline caught up with our favorite actress, Kristen Stewart, this morning at the Los Angeles press day for her new film, “The Cake Eaters.” Of course, we asked her about the latest on Twilight and the upcoming New Moon which starts shooting later this month. We also gave her the opportunity to set the record straight on the Nylon interview.

Kristen is a fabulous person and we really appreciated her time. Here’s what she had to tell us:

Q: Since the Nylon interview came out, do you feel like you’re playing with fire when you talk about the Twilight fans?

KRISTEN STEWART: No, because I love the Twilight fans. I have literally never said anything remotely negative about them. You have to stay away from certain key words that can be twisted into a negative connotation, like the word ‘psychotic’ apparently is really bad. I don’t understand why. I mean, I feel like it’s a really humble position to take that it’s not normal to find yourself in a situation where there are 5,000 screaming girls and you’re literally like fodder. I feel like that’s not normal and it’s not something I should just say, “Oh yeah, it’s really cool. I love ‘em.” I feel like everything that I said in that Nylon interview, if you actually read the whole thing, was very honest and genuine and talking about something that I am so immersed in and have absolutely no control over and I’m just trying to stay honest and true to something that I care about. Yeah, that’s it.

Q: Well allow me to take you in the proper context. When do you start shooting the next installment of the Twilight saga, New Moon?

KRISTEN STEWART: Very soon. In a couple weeks. March 23rd I think is the first official day of shooting.

Q: Are you excited about the next one? Is there a part of it you’re looking most forward to shooting?

KRISTEN STEWART: Yeah. I mean, it’s interesting. It’s a completely different story. It’s like it entirely undermines the first. Edward is gone and, for me, that was the whole story. It’s hard for me to get past like… I don’t know how Bella is going to deal with that. She matures a lot. It’s a much more painful story than the first one. It’s actually quite devastating. It’s a smaller scale as well. She’s very solitary for quite a while so that will be interesting. I’m excited about that.

moviesonline.ca

I don't know if it's just me, but I see this as backpedaling. She was probably told by Summit to cool it with the negative comments (Nylon interview + dad's comment) and let the fans know how much she appreciates them. I mean, she was smiling at the paparazzi when she went to the airport. If you've been following Kristen Stewart for a while, you'll know that this is a rare thing because she's famous for her "b!tchface".

It just sounds like it was set up by Summit: "Allow me to take you in the proper context". I notice there was no question about her dad's Oscars comment...

agreed. plus i find it kinda unexpected she wanted to answer the question regarding twilight while promoting her other (indie) movie. i can't connect that action to her, not after all the comments she made and after clearing the fact she's full of answering twilight questions since the press tour. maybe it's summit's deal with the journalist who did the interview so they can clear the air. dunno.

Well, I do find this part funny: "I have literally never said anything remotely negative about [Twilight fans]." Except for "psychotic" and "********". And then she goes on to say that she didn't know "psychotic" was a negative description. Now, I know she didn't finish high school, but I really don't think she didn't know it was a negative way to describe something. I don't see any way in which you could twist "psychotic" into a compliment, so I don't think she was misquoted/taken out of a context there.

many people can take "psychotic" in many ways.

me, i didnt think of it as a bad way.
she could have meant that it was fun and insane at the same time.

must say i'm surprised she confirmed there will be 4th movie and she will be in it. guess she's really tryin to set the whole record straight.
plus, she straightened her father's comment regarding oscars saying she wasn't invited at all.

God, I hate her
If she doesn't like it then she can go return her mansion and her car that she has undoubtably got and refuse and roles that have been given to her becuase of Twilight.

okay..

why do you hate her so much ?
i see nothing wrong with the girl really.
sure she doesnt seem likes she that into it at press conferences, but how would you like being pushed in front of hundreds of deafening girls that arent really there to see you anyway ?

half of the things she says seem misunderstood sometimes, like her "psychotic" comment, like i said before people can take that in many different ways.
fangirls will see it as her hating the stuff because they want to be the ones on the screen with Robert.
others will see it as the truth, the fans can get out of hand sometimes and it has to be scary.
and i think that she could have meant that it was crazy or psychotic in a good way, meaning that its fun but a little intimidating at the same time.

and her attitude is always shown in the wrong ways.
for example: arriving in Tokoyo, on celebuzz they showed a picture of her looking tired and a little annoyed and said that she was "unthrilled" to be there, when in her thread, there were pictures from the same exact time and in all of them minus maybe one or two she was smiling and seemed happy to be there.

media will say and do anything to sell a story.
especially with something as big as Twilight.

Last edited by a moderator:
as almost a year has passed since this, my conclusion is that you have to grow fond of this girl to understand (at least a bit) where she's coming from when she says all of this, but she still tends to put her foot in the mouth, every now and then, now rarely...

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL I did not even know a thread like this existed. It's bad enough that you have paparazzi and fans following your every move, but for every little thing you say to be blown out of proportion by the media? No wonder homegirl has a hard time finishing her sentences.

I think a lot of times, Kristen says things but doesn't really think about it or doesn't express herself the way she wishes to. I don't know that she hates Twilight but she's probably in that phase in her life where anything that's mainstream is crap. She signed on for something that turned mainstream so maybe she feels she's betraying her misfitness. IDK. That's how I was at 19.

I remember in an interview, she said she tends to offend people unintentionally. I think we know how. lol.

I think she should've known what she was signing up for. She said she didn't read the books before signing on...I bet she realised what she was letting herself in for after she realised how godawful the books are. It's not like they're not in sync with the films either, which are equally terrible.

The book already had a big fan base going on even at least half of my grade was reading it(now the whole school is reading it and nsw high schools also has it has a elective text :sick:) and I read it and I got the appeal (didn't mean I loved it).I mean if were were Kristen I would've googled it and done some research. I give her the benefit of the doubt by not reading it but books like Twilight always have some kind a hype and making a franchise only indicates that this is going to be big (which obviously is)

I have to admit Im a grown woman who read the books less than a year ago (never saw the Twilight movie either before reading the book) and I had NO IDEA that there was SO MUCH hype about it... :innocent: I really didnt... THEN I saw the movie and it was terribly disapointing... I mean I know shes younger than me, a lot younger than me, but maybe she really didnt realize it... THOUGH it shows me just how much research she does before accepting a role... :doh: THATS what is REALLY disapointing... All you have to do is google Twilight and like a MILLION blogs and websites dedicated to it come up...

I just think shes VERY misunderstood and its typical Hollywood BS... They take stories out of context, take 1 sentence out of a whole interview and say KRISTEN HATES TWILIGHT! ITS OFFICIAL! haha I cant blame her, all that attention, and screaming girls and you cant even walk down the block anymore, its VERY overwhelming...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->