Did Kristen Stewart diss Twilight?

It's possible that most of the budget went to the production in Transformers rather than the talent. And the opposite is true for Twilight, which wouldn't be hard to believe once you see the movie. It's defintiely low budget...

Oh no look what she's said now -

Meanwhile, Kristen recently spoke up about how she could easily drop out of the “Twilight” franchise without any regrets.

Miss Stewart explains, “I’ve totally had the thought; it would be so easy for me to send so many hundreds of girls into such a frenzy by saying I want no part of any future [Twilight] movies.”

“It took a long time for me to admit that I was too bogged down by the first book, to admit to these girls that I wasn’t as… I’m just as obsessed as they are; I read it from an entirely different perspective and had to live it for three months. Yeah, I have thought, many times. ‘What could I do?’ It’d be so easy.”

I wonder how "out of content" that statement is. Fangirls are gonna go crazy lol.

she keeps getting her in deeper and more deeper s*it. i thought she was more wiser than that.

she sounds like a kid in elementary school who's trying to point out she's suspossed to be in 4th and not 2nd grade and how they're all ignorants for not seeing how powerful and smart she is.
esp. with that quote: i could easily pull out pf the franchise. yeah right, she really thinks every single fan/person interested in this has years below 10 and hasn't heard about the little thing called Contract.

ugh, she sounds so enormously immature!
i don't care if she likes the books or not because i'm not a fan, but when i think of my fave books i would want someone to portray these characters that really cares about them or at least gives their best, so in a way i understand it when fangirls go crazy about comments like that.
i'm more concerned about the way this makes her look. and right now all i see is a stupid bratty teenager - to her defense, that's probably exactly what she is, she's just 18. you can easily think that you're above "those 16 year old girls who think twilight is the sh*t" and you're sooo grown-up because you couldn't care less about it, but it's a job and this behaviour is that of a 10-year old.
she's taking herself way too seriously, "I read it from an entirely different perspective and had to live it for three months" - yeah, sure:rolleyes: the great actress that she is...i'm sure there are thousands of girls out there who have a "deeper connection" to bella than she will ever have. it's one thing not to be obsessed about something and i don't care if she likes twilight or not, but she should respect the fans, it's not like she has to be an ***-kisser and tell everyone she loves bella...
comments like that show she needs to do a whole lot of growing up

They did not got payed that much(they were both virtually unknown), and they are certainly not going to get twelve million. It was just a number one those gossip sites invented and that spread like wild fire with everyone quoting each other. Twilight had an incredibly tight budget, and New Moon will have one also.

what's so wrong about her last statement? she's merely saying, that fangirls would go crazy, if she didn't to the other films as well, which would apply to the whole cast IMO. and she's actually admitting, that she's just as crazy about the books as the fans are. she doesn't say, that she's a better fan or has a deeper connection, just that she read it from a different perspective, which makes sense if you have to become the character and portray it convincingly.

people should give her a break and stop twisting her words in her mouth! :doh:

They did not got payed that much(they were both virtually unknown), and they are certainly not going to get twelve million. It was just a number one those gossip sites invented and that spread like wild fire with everyone quoting each other. Twilight had an incredibly tight budget, and New Moon will have one also.

The $12 million number was reported by Yahoo, not some gossip site. Yahoo is a pretty reliable source. I'm not sure about the $2 million number but if they're to get paid $12 million for the sequel, it seems plausible they got $2 million for Twilight.

The $12 million number was reported by Yahoo, not some gossip site. Yahoo is a pretty reliable source. I'm not sure about the $2 million number but if they're to get paid $12 million for the sequel, it seems plausible they got $2 million for Twilight.

Well Clearly not reliable, they get this news from other sources, If you have the patience go to IMDB page there is a Thread in there where people took the trouble to find out how wrong those numbers are, They aren't get payed 12 million at all, there was never an official confirmation , it's a stupid rumour, a number someone took out of the hat . And they didn't get payed Two million for the First Twilight they got payed around 260.000 To Half a million, Kristen probably a bit more. The first Twilight got a tiny budget of of 38 million, that's almost unheard of for this kind of movie, there is absolutely no way that virtually unknown actors get that kind of money. New Moon will also have a tiny budget, on of the reasons Catherine gave up the project,do you actually think they are not going to spend 24 million of their budget on actors that are contractually obliged to them? No one has any idea how much they are going to get now, but certainly those numbers are exaggerated.

Look what Robert ,the man Himself said to the BBC.

" read some gossip thing saying, because I looked really uncomfortable in a paparazzi photo or something, they’re like, ‘He should get used to it. That’s the price to pay if you’re getting $12m (£8.1m) a movie’.

“If I’m getting paid $12m a movie I’d walk around naked. That’s all nonsense. I don’t know who makes that stuff up. Even the price for the first one was nonsense.”

I guess that settles the question.

i thought i read that they were getting paid 12 million for the next 2 sequels...
not just the one :blink:

Nah, the gossip sites where saying that they were going to get 12 million for new Moon each, and that they got 2 million for Twilight, totally ridiculous numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Problem.:flower:

Is that is this rumours get around so much that they turn into incontestable truths by force of repetition. I think Rob can scream on the top of his lungs that this is not true that is going to be worthless, I doubt the 12 million number is going to disappear soon.:lol:

New Moon will also have a tiny budget, on of the reasons Catherine gave up the project,do you actually think they are not going to spend 24 million of their budget on actors that are contractually obliged to them? No one has any idea how much they are going to get now, but certainly those numbers are exaggerated.

Well, seeing the immense revenue Twilight brought Summit, I really don't think the budget for New Moon will be so tiny. They brought Chris on board and I highly doubt a director of his caliber will settle for anything less than $5 million. As I said before, I really don't know the numbers for Twilight, but Rob and Kristen's paycheck for New Moon will certainly be much higher. Film budgets typically spend more of the budget on the main actors than the director. The $12 million number may be exaggerated, but they'll certainly pull in a minimum of $3 million. Plus Catherine didn't pull out because of budget restrictions, she pulled out because of timing.

she read it from a different perspective, which makes sense if you have to become the character and portray it convincingly.

people should give her a break and stop twisting her words in her mouth! :doh:
IMO she didn't become the character and didn't portray it convincingly, so reading it from an entirely different perspective didn't help.
It looks like she is always saying something negative, but this quotes can sound anyway you want them taken out of context, however the only time I saw her saying something along the lines of how much she liked the book it looked like it pained her to say it, like she had been told before the interview she had to say it. (Just how it looked to me.)
Anyway I agree with Alvedansen, she sounds enormously immature which I guess is about the opposite of how she wants to sound like. She reminds me of one of my best friends in high school who went through a face of wanting to be seen as mature and serious and above "teenage drama". Furtunately for me and everyone else around my friend it was only a face.

I really want to like her, but she makes it so easy for people to dislike her. She really needs to learn what should and shouldn't be said as well as how. She just comes off as really immature and condescending even. As if she's above all of this. I really don't think she is, her acting in Twilight was awful. She was probably the worst out of everyone.

Well, seeing the immense revenue Twilight brought Summit, I really don't think the budget for New Moon will be so tiny. They brought Chris on board and I highly doubt a director of his caliber will settle for anything less than $5 million. As I said before, I really don't know the numbers for Twilight, but Rob and Kristen's paycheck for New Moon will certainly be much higher. Film budgets typically spend more of the budget on the main actors than the director. The $12 million number may be exaggerated, but they'll certainly pull in a minimum of $3 million. Plus Catherine didn't pull out because of budget restrictions, she pulled out because of timing.

Do you want me to get you Catherine's quote? I said one of the reasons for pulling out. She told EW that she could not work under such tight deadline and "Modest budget"(her words). Not her own paycheck, she was actually offered loads of money to stay, I guess Chris got it instead.

New Moon will obviously have a bigger budget than Twilight, but Summit is in this strictly for the money, not for doing a work of art, they must think that for most fans of the book, it's actually irrelevant if the film looks dodgy, it worked perfectly with Twilight. They are looking for the biggest profit margin they can.
I certainly do not Know how much Rob and Kristen are getting,they are contractually obliged to do the other two movie, so their freedom of negotiation is clearly not the same as Catherine. But one thing we do Know, and Rob said it Himself that is not 12 million like you suggested in your previous post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->