Did Kristen Stewart diss Twilight?

God, I hate her
If she doesn't like it then she can go return her mansion and her car that she has undoubtably got and refuse and roles that have been given to her becuase of Twilight.

Yeah! I feel that she should just STFU and stop the whole "God, I hate this Twilight crap and I never wanted to be famous" BS. Why in the hell is she an actress in the first place!? :doh: If you didn't want to be famous, then you shouldn't have become an actress, sweety. :judge: She seriously seems like a spoiled, ungrateful brat.

Last edited by a moderator:
seriously, why are people still commenting on this thread?? a new opportunity for all the haters to vent... it was kinda cleared up, that she did not intentionally diss twilight, that she does not hate it and that some journalist twisted her words in her mouth/took what she said out of context, so maybe some people here should just STFU...

*rantover*

yeah, she pretty much made a turn of 180 degrees in the last year or so.
that's why i commented in the first place since i didn't get it year ago or more (neither do i now, but i get where she's coming from ). :smile:

Sorry to evilly resurrect this thread.

I think some folks, though, are overestimating the inevitability of a NYT bestseller, even a worldwide one, turning into a major film franchise. Hollywood turns bestselling novels into films all the time. Da Vinci Code was one of the bestselling single titles ever appearing and remaining on or near the top long after hot selling Twilight titles came and went. The Time Traveller's Wife is another steady seller. That children's fantasy novel, "Unfortunate Events" or whatever it's called, is another very popular fantasy series that all kids under a certain age know about. None of these turned into a major worldwide phenomenon like Twilight when made into film.

Usually it takes properties with long term cred like Lord of the Rings to guarantee this kind of rabid support. Harry Potter, as a recent creation, is the only comparable series and, frankly, it was a property with a visibility way beyond that of Twilight before news of the inevitable film adaptations were released. You didn't need to do research, your bookstore was having midnight selling parties and your grandma was concerned about all the witchcraft. Harry Potter actors didn't need to do Comic Con. Summit pimped their Rob & Kristen so assiduously the first time out because they needed to encourage the hype and get the word out to realize the potential of a new franchise that filled a slot none of the others did, except maybe Hannah Montana (but still with a different appeal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rodopolfo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->