Dior : The Madhouse

i think his clothes are UGLY UGLY and REDICULOUS :sick:

hardly any of it is practical and even whats sold in stores is very ugly IMO especially the shoes :ninja:

Some of my favorite Galliano for Dior creations.....

From his first collection s/s 97 :heart:

When a man looks at a woman wearing one of my dresses, I would like him basically to be saying to himself: "I have to f*ck her."' He shrugged his shoulders. 'I just think every woman deserves to be desired. Is that really asking too much?'...

i got as far as this...and then lost all respect and interest...imo...every woman deserves to be respected...not f*cked...and if he was a straight man...maybe he would know that most men think that way about most women already without much help... :rolleyes: :ninja:

takiing us back several decades here... :angry: :doh:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 19th, 2004 - 8:31 pm
When a man looks at a woman wearing one of my dresses, I would like him basically to be saying to himself: "I have to f*ck her."' He shrugged his shoulders. 'I just think every woman deserves to be desired. Is that really asking too much?'...

i got as far as this...and then lost all respect and interest...imo...every woman deserves to be respected...not f*cked...and if he was a straight man...maybe he would know that most men think that way about most women already without much help... :rolleyes: :ninja:

takiing us back several decades here... :angry: :doh:
I'm with you softgrey. :flower: I also HATE the quote "A dress makes no sense unless it inspires a man to take it off." :rolleyes: If any woman had respect for herself she would dress for HERSELF, not for MEN.

:wacko: I would post more, but I've exceeded my bandwith limit......god I wish I knew how to embed the image into the message, it never works for me

But back to the question: Is he talented? The answer is YES. Though, DRUGS, FAME going into his head and LVMH's commerciality standards have been a big blow to him over the last few years.

I think(I'm not to sure cause I got a little post happy with the pics) that that was what I was trying to prove to those who say he isn't talented. My advice is, try to seperate his image from what he creates and it becomes plain that he does have talent as well as imagination to back it up.

i think everyone pretty much agrees that he is talented...i just prefer what he USED to do with his talent to what he is doing now... :flower:

he used to be about ROMANCE and now he is about SEX... :ninja:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 19th, 2004 - 9:02 pm
i think everyone pretty much agrees that he is talented...i just prefer what he USED to do with his talent to what he is doing now... :flower:

I agree :flower: It's obvious he has talent it's just the way he chooses to use it

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 19th, 2004 - 8:02 pm

indeed. and none is really condusive to the individualism of woman. it is all about dressing for status and approval. In my mind,he's the more(though he was a bit himself more times than none)crazy version of Tom Ford. At least these days anyway.

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 19th, 2004 - 9:02 pm

I agree to some degree, but I think what made his clothes so appealing was the balance of romance and sex.....to me at least, he's always been sexy, it's just that a few years ago, he became much more sexy. When you think about it, his clothes aren't overtly sexy, but sometimes they take on a campy feel and it turns out looking a little cheap.
Then of course, there are things like Dior Surf and Dior Golf, mabye I'm just diluting myself into believing that he simply approved those rather then actually came up with them.....

stop deluding yourself... :wink:

and the stuff in the stores is really trashy these days...have a look for yourself...just go to bergdorf...it's really bright garish prints and loads and loads of skin...

his own line is a bit better... :flower:

Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 19th, 2004 - 8:43 pm
:wacko: I would post more, but I've exceeded my bandwith limit......god I wish I knew how to embed the image into the message, it never works for me
Copy the link of the site you got the picture from. Then paste it into the html box. :flower:

and the stuff in the stores is really trashy these days...have a look for yourself...just go to bergdorf...it's really bright garish prints and loads and loads of skin...
I'm probably one of very few that actually wish they'd produce more of what he shows on the runway to sell in the stores (well except for this falls' collection) like this years' spring collection, it was pretty good. For the most part not too tacky, great bias cut dresses, interesting skirt suits, glam evening gowns, taken off of the runway each piece would be so great by itself, but of course, they trickled it down to the most wearable version of the clothes as possible to the point that it's either completely unrecognizable as something Galliano made or it's just tacky and generic......and then there's the J'adore Dior t-shirts that should be taken off the racks to make room for the stuff that's good. It makes me sad :(

Copy the link of the site you got the picture from. Then paste it into the html box.

I think everyone got where I was going..... :blush:

Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 19th, 2004 - 10:33 pm
I'm probably one of very few that actually wish they'd produce more of what he shows on the runway to sell in the stores (well except for this falls' collection) like this years' spring collection, it was pretty good. For the most part not too tacky, great bias cut dresses, interesting skirt suits, glam evening gowns, taken off of the runway each piece would be so great by itself, but of course, they trickled it down to the most wearable version of the clothes as possible to the point that it's either completely unrecognizable as something Galliano made or it's just tacky and generic......and then there's the J'adore Dior t-shirts that should be taken off the racks to make room for the stuff that's good. It makes me sad :(

Copy the link of the site you got the picture from. Then paste it into the html box. 

you know...i think that a lot of the better stuff is ordered by the regular customers at trunk shows and from photographs...the stores just don't stock all the fabulous stuff ...it's too expensive and too great a loos if they don't sell it...that's why all the stuff you see is what it is,..i think it's geared towards a more touristy clientele...who just comes in and buys off the rack... :flower:

you can figure out for yourself who that is... :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 19th, 2004 - 10:44 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 19th, 2004 - 10:44 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Jun 19th, 2004 - 10:33 pm

you know...i think that a lot of the better stuff is ordered by the regular customers at trunk shows and from photographs...the stores just don't stock all the fabulous stuff ...it's too expensive and too great a loos if they don't sell it...that's why all the stuff you see is what it is,..i think it's geared towards a more touristy clientele...who just comes in and buys off the rack... :flower:

you can figure out for yourself who that is... :innocent: [/b][/quote]
I know, sometimes the beurocracy surrounding fashion sucks.......

agreed...i really hate to shop that way...from pictures or books...i want to browse and TOUCH the fabric and look inside at the construction and try it on...i love the EXPERIENCE of shopping so much...and the whole pre-ordering thing just takes the fun out of it for me...but it's going more and more that way these days...*sigh*...ah..well...

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 19th, 2004 - 11:09 pm
agreed...i really hate to shop that way...from pictures or books...i want to browse and TOUCH the fabric and look inside at the construction and try it on...i love the EXPERIENCE of shopping so much...and the whole pre-ordering thing just takes the fun out of it for me...but it's going more and more that way these days...*sigh*...ah..well...
I know what you mean, I'm not shopping for women's clothes to wear, but I love going into a store and seeing the clothes I liked on the runway in person. I love feeling them and just enjoying the whole shopping experience........I blame online shopping, designers are trying to stay with the times, they're ruinging it for fashion lovers like us!! :cry: Couldn't agree with you more Grey......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->