Longchamp F/W 09.10 : Daria Werbowy & Kate Moss by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Actually, I like the campaign. It's far better than the last, but I think Kate is useless. Really, Daria is so charismatic that she almost hides her !

really hating the hair and makeup
I cant stand 80's looks...god its almost infuriating...

Daria and Kate are great separately, but somehow they just don't work when put together. maybe I'll change my mind when I see more of this

really hating the hair and makeup
I cant stand 80's looks...god its almost infuriating...

seriously, i'm SO SICK of designers/stylists/makeup artists bringing this back, it looked horrendous in the first place & looks worse now that they haven' t learned from their mistakes! i was born then & i remember everything looking horrendous...it's disappointing because last season's was quite modern & fresh, which I don't experience from this at all..

borrowing from ANY OTHER ERA than the eighties would be..ideal :yuk:

Sasha, where are you?
kate's solo is much better than that duo
I'm sorry to say that Daria.....

Oh no :ninja:

I'm with LetThemEatCake on this one. I really don't like it. The make up makes them look awful.

a bit bigger image from wwd.com
memo_kate_moss_longchamp.jpg

GETTING ATTENTION: Extending its media plan from traditional print to online and outdoor platforms, French leather goods brand Longchamp is courting passengers at Paris’ Charles de Gaulle Airport with its first-ever billboard. The image depicts Kate Moss lying suspended in the arms of six “An Officer and a Gentleman”-style male models in crisp white uniforms. Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott shot the campaign in a London studio. Using shadowy lighting, the faces of the men have been blacked out to leave a graphic line of white circular hats, while the final man holds Longchamp’s new Gatsby bag, which appears in various versions throughout the story. Other shots in the campaign see a red-lipped Moss and Daria Werbowy pulling mock salutes and marching steps against the backdrop of officers. Joining fashion’s trend for moving images, a “making of” short film by Sean Ash will be aired on the brand’s Web site. The campaign, set to roll out in July in glossies and on Web sites internationally, with no change in budgets versus the second half of 2008, will hit billboards in New York’s Times Square and central London for the holiday season. “The idea was to have a very rock ’n’ roll, sexy fashion attitude,” said Sophie Delafontaine, Longchamp’s artistic director. Military tailoring in the house’s fall clothing collection inspired the story, she said.

Meanwhile, Jean Cassegrain, Longchamp’s managing director, revealed the brand is gearing up to launch a European e-commerce site that will be open to France from July before rolling out to other countries. The brand already operates an e-commerce site for the U.S., launched in 2005, as well as a made-to-measure site where customers can customize the brand’s Pliage bag and one of its leather totes, opened in 2003. And work is already under way on Longchamp’s Madison Avenue location that will serve as the model for a new store concept for the brand, likely to be unveiled early next year. Longchamp also is gearing up to open stores in Barcelona and Düsseldorf, according to Cassegrain. — Katya Foreman

Thanks for posting it in a larger size. It looks better.

I don't mind the models - their pairing or their styling - but the concept of the sailors, I think I'd get tired of seeing that after a month, once this campaign appears in magazines.

The last time I liked a Longchamp ad with Kate was a few seasons back when it was all blue and she had a short blonde wig on. Last season was ok, but this is a let down.

Longchamp F/W09 Full Campaign

Photographed by : Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Styling by : Monica Pillosio
Models : Kate Moss & Daria Werbowy

lebook

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 51
thanks for all of these, SS. i like them but i feel like they're lacking something. The Sailormen in the background are actually kind of creepy.

They look good together, but my favorite pic is the one of Kate alone.

yeah, nothing against daria, but the duo shots look too awkward for my taste. that "sailor pose" in the first one is terrible actually. and i can't help commenting again on how out of place kate's leopard coat looks.

thanks for posting the entire set :flower: Overall it looks good, but as a duo Kate and Daria don't go well together.

The shot of Kate lying down is the best of the campaign, imo.
The idea is very good, but it wasn't well executed.

I don't feel the chemistry between them but the images are certainly captivating and both Daria and Kate look striking (though I hate the no eyebrows look on Daria)

They totally should have kept Sasha!! She probably could have brought that strange edge that would have made these work alot better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"