Edie Sedgwick #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edie's beautiful but that shirt is hideous. I've never been a fan of shirts with a big face on then no matter who it is.

Oh I didn't know Rachel was a fan of Edie's! Thanks for the photo Loonaka!

I agree with you Babydoll. Love the photo of Edie - not loving the shirt. Like her boots, though :P

On a different subject - I am reading "Edie, American Girl" again for the 4th time, and came across an interesting part. When Edie was in Vogue, 1965, as a "Youthquaker", they have a line in the article about how Edie, Andy and several other factory members were in Paris and surprised a Burlesque show by showing up with rabbits. Wonder if these photos were taken then????
imgrl7.jpg
photo scanned by loonaka (thanks darling)

Looking forward to that Klove ^_^

Have any of you seen the Bob Dylan film I'm Not there?
Michelle Williams plays "coco" who is basically Edie, and i saw it again yesterday and she is nothing like Edie except for wearing tights and a dress. The hair and makeup is all wrong and she comes off as such an angry depressed girl. She doesn't even speak or laugh remotely like Edie! Thank God for Sienna lol!
I liked michelle's performance, I think it balanced out the overly sweet & innocently taken-advanced-of edie that sienna did.

I liked michelle's performance, I think it balanced out the overly sweet & innocently taken-advanced-of edie that sienna did.

I just have seen a lot of Edie's footage and I've never seen her act or speak like Michelle in the film.. When I first saw the movie not knowing that was supposed to be Edie I liked Michelle's performance too. But when I found out it was for Edie I re-watched it and was pretty surprised to see so little resemblence.

I agree with you Babydoll. Love the photo of Edie - not loving the shirt. Like her boots, though :P

On a different subject - I am reading "Edie, American Girl" again for the 4th time, and came across an interesting part. When Edie was in Vogue, 1965, as a "Youthquaker", they have a line in the article about how Edie, Andy and several other factory members were in Paris and surprised a Burlesque show by showing up with rabbits. Wonder if these photos were taken then????
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5038/imgrl7.jpg
photo scanned by loonaka (thanks darling)
You're right! They must have been taken in Paris. I remember spotting Catherine Deneuve in one of the pics...

I don´t think the people that made the movie, just made that character inspired by Edie, I mean, it´s not like she´s called Edie in the movie.
they probably thought, 'oh, we need an Edie-character, but we call her Coco...
and it´s not like the movie is non-fiction...

hey, was Bob Dylan a woman?
noo.... so you can´t expect everyone to be exactly like the people they are based on, it´s a movie, not a documentary.

Glad I got so many opinions on this! Except if you said them nicer would be cool too ^_^

All I was saying is that I did not see resemblance between the two. Bob Dylan wasn't a woman, true :lol: But Cate Blanchett wasn't playing a woman, she was playing a man and acted very similar to how Bob Dylan was, she was fantastic. I'm just saying I wish Michelle had something to remind me of Edie in her role , which I didn't find, and I think I'm entitled to having that opinion. I don't want this thread to go way off topic on my account, so if anyone feels they want to talk about it more, feel free to p.m. me though I think I've said all I mean in all the ways I can. :flower:

I'm not saying that I love the outfit, but she doesn't have to dress up like Edie just for wearing a shirt with her face on it...
I see, I might've been a bit harsh. And I agree, she wouldn't have had to dress as Edie, I just personally don't see what inspired her to wear it.

I see, I might've been a bit harsh. And I agree, she wouldn't have had to dress as Edie, I just personally don't see what inspired her to wear it.
Yeah I know, I just don't hate that Rachel Bilson is wearing a shirt with a picture of Edie..but it's pretty stupid to wear a shirt with a picture of a person if you know nothing about them..But then again we can never know if Rachel, Paris or any of the other ones who have worn a tee like that know much about Edie, or if they just think it's a cool tee...

Rachel Bilson said Edie was her style icon in a magazine a long time ago so i think she really does love Edie. Not so sure about Paris...

Pixie Geldof inspired by Edie

78470146he1.jpg

pixiejumper.preview.jpg

pixie%20geldof.jpg

i saw somewhere a better picture from the last set but i cant find it.

R.I.P Edie
today it´s been 37 years... but you will never bee forgotten!

Attachments

• edie10.jpg
    edie10.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot