Edie Sedgwick #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The song is Femme Fatal by the Velvet Underground. I posted the video a month or so ago. Nico originally sang the song but this is Lou Reed singing lead. I like this version and all the fab things he says about Edie before he sings. Thanks for reposting Lizzardqueen. It's one of my favorites!!!

Here is a cute photo from Edie's Fred Eberstadt photo shoot for Life magazine - Summer of 65
EDIE98.jpg

photo courtesy of CC&I

thank you klove!! i adore her big rings nd fancy earrings!

Klove1121: thanks so much for posting...I really adore that picture..I remember loving those rings so much I bought a bunch hehe..

omg i love that t-shirt for some reason i cant stop giggling looking at it.^_^

I've looked for an Edie T-shirt every country I've visited.. I never find any nice ones :(

I've seen loads of Edie tees on Ebay and only one in the city where I live...

Yeah there are a ton on Ebay but I wouldn't be able to buy from Ebay.. Maybe one day I'll find one!

I´m late... but about Andy ruining Edie...
Edie´s mother gave Edie pills when she was young, to calm her down. Both Andy´s and Brigid´s mothers gave them pills when they were young, so it´s not that weird that they turned out the way they did.

And the fact that people never tried to stop Edie... I mean, everyone was doing loads of drugs then, I don´t think she was that much worse than anyone else.
I have read Mary Woronovs book, Swimming Underground, and, besides being very good and very interesting, it´s also really scary how much drugs they all did.
And when you´re into drugs, you love it more than you love the people around you.

^ Well said, especially that last bit.

Bottom line: If you do drugs, unless you're like needle popped or something, it's no ones fault but your own! You can't blame anyone but Edie for her drug addictions. She wasn't a child. She knew what she was doing and she did it. Sad but it happens all the time.
It's not just "bad" people who do drugs.

^^ Well said, ladies...Drugs pry on people...their desires to escape, their desires to heighten senses...their vulnerabilities....their need for excitement...thousands of things....and we all have those desires in us...though sadly some get in so deep...so deep...they end up succumbing...but the lure is so strong that is why people STILL succumb...because they give people that little EXTRA what they think they're looking for...it's an illusion, a very very powerful illusion that's ultimately extremely dangerous unless you get out in the nick of time....They're a short cut to fulfilling desires in life...and it's only human to give in at times. No 'bad' or 'good'. Especially in Edie's time when the dangers were barely known, you know? It's different now, we're more educated so we tend to be harsher on people for it because there's less of an excuse...but essentially when life starts kicking you down, it's such an easy thing to turn to. Even if you just crave that little bit more of a kick....you know? It's just so damn easy...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yes, well said.

Anyway, we should prob drop the subject now since it might get into the area of drug talk, which is a no no on this forum.

Can I ask, FairyX, how did your petition to get the Edie films released go? I never heard anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->