Elio Fiorucci for H&M

Metroicon

Reaction score
Italian Elio Fiorucci has designed a 70es-inspired-collection for H&M, available from June in selected stores in limited edition. Here is H&M's note and some pics.

H&M Poolside designed by Elio Fiorucci

Elio Fiorucci teams up with H&M for a collection of garments and accessories for women, men and children in his style made of colourful materials and designs which are absolutely perfect for a happy summer.
'This feels entirely right for H&M just at the moment', says Margareta van den Bosch, head of design at H&M.

The idea of a collaboration with Elio Fiorucci was already in the air, when H&M took over his former shop premises in Galleria Passarella in Milan in 2003 and opened the doors to its first store in Italy. And now, with the summer collection inspired to the Seventies, the occasion has arisen.

'What we're doing with Fiorucci feels new and unexpected. The colours are strong and delicious and the graphics are fun. We're delighted with what he is doing, and it feels terrific to collaborate with him for our summer collection', says Margareta van den Bosch.

In the Seventies Elio Fiorucci has introduced in fashion the concepts of freedom and creativity of the individual. He says: 'True elegance and glamour are not made by the price of the clothes, but by the capacity of each individual to choose and assemble his own way to dress.
The aesthetic of the garment reflects our own personality and each of us must have possibility to choose between a wide range of proposals, in order to set free colour and fantasy and at the same time respect the individual aesthetic and ethic values.
Elio Fiorucci continues: 'I think that it is important that a fashion business has soul. H&M is a modern company with an ethical vision of the market, which has understood, that buying a garment means to share a bigger project. One takes part not only to an economic project, but also an aesthetic project that comes from the heart.'

'To work with H&M means for me, not only to share a fashion project, but also a custom one, which suits perfectly my personality and the modern society we are evolving to' concludes Elio Fiorucci.

The collection
The articles designed by Elio Fiorucci have been in close cooperation with H&M's in-house designers. The collection stands for 70'ies, warmth, playfulness and includes colourful patterns that bring the thoughts to time off and swimming.

The collections consist of approx. 100 articles and will be available in a limited edition. It will be launched on all H&M's 21 markets in the beginning of June in approximately 1000 H&M stores. In Italy, the collection will be available in all stores

Fiorucci10_normal.jpg
Fiorucci14_normal.jpg
Fiorucci17_normal.jpg

Fiorucci7_normal.jpg
Fiorucci20_normal.jpg
Fiorucci2_normal.jpg

hi metroicon...thanks for starting this thread...very interesting news...
that little bikini is really adorable...it all seems very young and fun...:flower:

**note-please always include a source for your info...thanks...:wink:

who is this designer?
anyways, from what i see this won't get me running into the stores in june.....

Oooh I like this!! I hope it will be in a normal H&M price range not like the lagerfeld stuff. they are now selling it with 70% off :lol:
I really love the concept behind this - sure H&M isn't known for it's quality clothing but it's pretty and affordable even for student budgets :smile:
This bikini is really very cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
They're just calling it 70s inspired to make it sound more fashionable, I don't see anything 70s inspired about it. I just see the same thing they've done year after year after year and they're just over-analyzing this collection, I mean it's just some tacky beachwear...

Oh by george, how dull and typically Swedish.
Just scrap H&M and go to any second hand store and you'll be finding items that are in the same vain of design yet much more fun and alluring.

on second thought, those things looks just like the stuff that most Swedish houses produce, probably goes for most busy-street brands in the world

Wow, as soon as I read "70's inspired H&M" I got excited. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I'd wear the flip flops, in an ironic way.

*EllaH said:
They're just calling it 70s inspired to make it sound more fashionable, I don't see anything 70s inspired about it. I just see the same thing they've done year after year after year and they're just over-analyzing this collection, I mean it's just some tacky beachwear...
I agree. Everything but that mushroom on the shirt (70's inspiration) has been at Old Navy lots of times before. I do like the shirt with the palm trees on it.

I dont think anyone knows who Fiorucci is, I remember my sister getting a gigantic red bag from Italy that says Fiorucci on it. I have no idea who that is, but thier name isnt a selling point like Lagerfeld.

I used to have a watch by Fiorucci in the early eighties. I remember my not-so-fashion-savvy dad telling me it was quite expensive/fashionable/whatever.

DesignerHistory.com
[font=arial, helvetica]Elio Fiorucci was born in Milan, Italy in 1935. He inherited a shoe store from his father in 1962. In the mid-60's, he began traveling to London to bring mini-skirts and other fashionable items for sale in his shop in Milan. In 1967, he opened a larger store, selling clothes from London as well as those he designed himself, and he became world famous. [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica]
fiorucciangels.jpg

In 1970 Elio selected the two-angel Logo which has become so well-known as the sign of Fiorucci.

[/font]​
[font=arial, helvetica]
fioruccifrock.jpg

[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica]Fiorucci stores opened throughout the world, cleverly designed so that merchandising, packaging and display all reflected the company's image. Garments were fresh, new and amusing, like plastic rainboots in bright colours, T-shirts, platform shoes, fluorescent socks and scarves. Fiorucci captured the spirit of the moment for a mainly young market, recycling old ideas in new ways.

[/font]​
[font=arial, helvetica]His tightly cut, streamlined jeans of the 70's named Buffalo 70 were also in great demand. Fiorucci is credited with the concept of designer denim.

[/font] [font=arial, helvetica]In 1975 he opened his first New York store. In 1977 at the opening of the famous nightclube Studio 54, Elio made the arrangements with artist Andy Warhol.

[/font] [font=arial, helvetica]Fiorucci refuses to design for women above size 10, claiming his clothes are only suitable for small women.

[/font] [font=arial, helvetica]In 1984 when the Graffiti fad hit, everyone worked overtime to transform his Milan store. [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica]From 1987 to 1989 Fiorucci manufactured Jeans for Jean Paul Gaultier and Vivienne Westwood's lines.

[/font] [font=arial, helvetica]In the 90's, he has gone back to the 50's themes. One of his favourite words is "recycle".

[/font] [font=arial, helvetica]Today jeans are the centerpiece of the Fiorucci empire. They come in all colours, fushcia, peach and jade. He emphasizes the details of garments, multi-coloured buttons running down the front of a man's shirt, glimmer of metallic threads darting off the surface of a plaid cotton. His motto is "fun and fashion".

[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica]In 1999 he hosted MTV at his offices who filmed him live as the king of the T-shirt. He is going into the 21st century, in just as lively a manner as he was in the 1960's.

[/font]​
[font=arial, helvetica]Sad News [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica]In March 2003, Elio Fiorucci announced that after 36 years, he is closing the doors to his historic shop in Corso Vittorio Emmanuele, Milan. When Fiorucci hit the scene nearly 40 years ago, he blew Italy - and the rest of the world - away with a larger-than-life attitude. He brought in the new and unexpected, pre-dating the surge of today's "lifestyle" stores. Fiorucci mixed clothing with beauty products vintage items, music and home furnishings. He even used his retail space for artistic performances. Elio says the reason he is closing is because he has "fallen out of love" with fashion at the age of nearly 70. [/font]
Uh-oh he doesn't design above size 10, H&M isn't very popular with body-concious designers.

Last edited by a moderator:
H&M actually bought that famous Fiorucci store in Milan in 2003!! That kinda explains the motive of this cooperation.

You remember like-a-virgin Madonna's period? Well, Fiorucci was her fashion editor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->