Favorite Harry Potter Book?

the prisoner of azkaban is my favourite, with the order of the phoenix coming in a close second. I like how the books and the characters DON'T stay the same in each book. there's a lot of character development and growth that is visible in each book. I also like how the books are getting progressively darker and more mature.
call me an overgrown nerd, but I love harry potter. I do think j.k. rowling is one of the great children's storytellers of our time. :magic:

i have one of the books... i think it's the first one. i expected it to be this really really short children's book but it was too long for me, which is odd because i usually do tons of reading for my major... i think it's just 'cause it's made me hate reading in general. ANYWAY, i just couldn't get into it... and the movies scared me :ninja:

Originally posted by meowmix@Nov 10 2004, 06:21 AM
i have one of the books... i think it's the first one. i expected it to be this really really short children's book but it was too long for me, which is odd because i usually do tons of reading for my major... i think it's just 'cause it's made me hate reading in general. ANYWAY, i just couldn't get into it... and the movies scared me :ninja:
[snapback]425777[/snapback]​
lol the movies scare me too :ninja:
I've only read the fifth book - I thought it was fair, I think I would have really liked it at 10/11
I'm told it's better than the previous ones, since it's darker, but I can't really judge :blush:

For me it's the 4th. It's odd but I totally forgot what the last book was about, a while ago someone said to be excited about the 6th book coming out and I was like 'you mean 5th?'. Oops :doh:

I've read only the first three so far and second is my favourite. : )

I can't choose just one!

Though, I have to say, hands down, the books are waaaaay better than the films.

Also, all the characters seemed to change so much in the last book and it didn't feel like a natural progression/character deveopment. Its just sort of ... happened. They just changed like that. I didn't really like that.

And also the 5th book has a lot of unnecessary information. I mean, I swear there are 3 chapters of them just cleaning the Black house at the beginning of the book! Though, I guess it shows how good a writer she is cos it was still interesting, even though hardly anything happened.

Becky_da_da_da said:
I can't choose just one!

Though, I have to say, hands down, the books are waaaaay better than the films.

I agree, I can't choose

I was so disappointed with the FIFTH book because I was really expecting some huge revelation about Harry Potter's mother, and there was maybe 2 pages on the whole thing. And also the whole dream sequence was so redundant...it was like "Okay, I get it, he's having that dream again..."

:doh:

My favorite is the THIRD book, "Prisoner of Azkaban" it had a nice ending and wasn't too long, too short, and had a lot of hope.

Book 6 coming July 12th!
Y A Y!

Haha, I'm a dork. ^_^

The first book was good in the sense that it set the whole thing up well and was interesting enough to make you want more. My favourites are probably 3 or 4. 3 because its probably the best written one with the best plot, and 4 because its very indulgent in that we get lots of good visuals and stuff. Number 5 really pissed me off - because seriously they ruined all potentially good plot lines and it was just totally a mess of a plot and confusing beyond measure. I hated it hated it hated it.

Prisoner of Azkaban.

I liked it because it revealed more about Harry Potter's dad and his friends and I found it to be very touching. I completely forgot about the plot for the fourth book and I find the fifth book to be too dark. Harry really becomes an angst-ridden teenager in the fifth book.

I feel that JK Rowling was still setting the groundwork for the whole story in the first 2 books in the series..so it's gonna be the third book! :flower:

POA was the the best. Goblet of Fire was good fun too. Can't wait for the next book in July 2005!!!

adorevintage said:
I was so disappointed with the FIFTH book because I was really expecting some huge revelation about Harry Potter's mother,
Book 6 coming July 12th!
Y A Y!

Haha, I'm a dork. ^_^

Me too!! I think that she reveals it in the sixth book, its due 16th July in England....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->