Gareth Pugh F/W 10.11 Paris

daylife

Last edited by a moderator:
He's too commercialized now. I miss the old Gareth.

Wow, his most wearable collection yet, thankfully still ambitious, quite a bit of Rick Owens in here, not bad at all.

I am a bit disappointed at the hair and make-up. I wish it would have been more.. extreme and outstanding. This is still a bit gothic, but sophisticated.

the hair and make up is atrocious but the clothes are seriously delicious

So far this looks really great. There's a polish to this that I've never really seen from him before.

But I'm seeing yet more traces of Rick Owens in this, as I have over the last couple of seasons, and as much as I like the results I wish Gareth could do something to blur the influence more.

A little bit boring I want inflatable runways back I agree its a little bit to commercial now.

So I guess I'm the only one digging the hair and makeup? It's sort of a... sophisticated modern goth. I feel it.

The clothes are very Rick Owens... nice, but nothing new. Not even a superb execution of something old.

^ I actually think the hair and makeup is good too. Dramatic but not overwhelming.

The look on Alla is gorgeous. Can't wait to see more.

So far this looks really great. There's a polish to this that I've never really seen from him before.

But I'm seeing yet more traces of Rick Owens in this, as I have over the last couple of seasons, and as much as I like the results I wish Gareth could do something to blur the influence more.

Agree

It's looking a lot like Rick Owens by the season.
The short wrap stitched leather jacket is gorgeous though

Pugh is basically a subsidiary of Owens Corp, They handle his production and sales from what I understand. So I imagine this is the first season that the runway samples were handled by Owens, hence the polish.

It also explains why this looks like a b-side of Rick Owen's greatest hits.

i actually really love this, its wearable but artistic at the same time and i have a feeling these leather jackets maybe a hot item for the season
i heard that someone was interested in investing in his company, whether its true is another story, I'm sure it was either Gucci Group/PPR or LVMH so if thats true maybe thats why he's going down the wearable route

same thing as I said last season, except is even more fitting for this one... Just because Rick believed in him enough to take him under his wing and produce his line and push his talent and all, I don't get why Gareth decides to tone it down and commercialize his stuff so much. The reason he was so special, and surely in Rick's eyes also, was because of his fearless theatrics, his signature geometric extensions upon the human form, etc. I don't get at all why he's made this turn, despite the fact that I'd love to wear a lot of the clothes. I wish he'd return to the vibrant, youthful and cheeky attitude that his work used to shout so loudly.

btw the collection is up at Catwalking

These are excellent clothes for in the stores, but I'm also missing the theatrics, which are a reason people would want to buy those toned-down versions in store.

I understand Gareth. He can't ONLY do black couture, because who will buy that? (except Lady Gaga)
He needs to receive money as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->