Gareth Pugh Mens F/W 09.10 Paris

this season is amazing!
Gareth has no reason to be behind, fantastic, fantastic, fantastic!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

catwalking

Wow! I'm very impressed! He made a nice transition to menswear. Gareth really got the right ratio of wearability to extravagance. Little of the tailored pieces are any good, and I'm disappointed with his uses of his now-signature triangle pattern, but overall the collection is excellent.

I love the chainmail-looking funnel neck sweater in post one and all of those sweaters with the metal strips on the shoulders.

I kind of wish this had a tigher edit, however. Maybe a 15-18 look show? It would've looked a bit more focused...

This is beyond amazing! It's such a stand out from all of the other men's collections. Yet it's still practical and wearble.:hear:
The ripped pants remind me of the Margiela one's from the Spring 08 Women's collection, but I honestly love what I see.:crush:

Amazing, I see it really was true all that about him making his clothing more accessible, this is definitely more wearable, and now I cant wait to see what he will do for womenswear.

Now will BEYONCE PLEASE LEAVE MY Gareth Alone?! Just a thought...:smile:

yeah,the outerwear is definitely the standout in my eyes. certainly the more translatable pieces. not too sure about those metal 'hellraiser' spikes....eeek!! :lol:

btw,i don't see how anyone can equate him to rick owens. they are both totally different and this collection is nothing like the overall beauty that rick sent down the catwalk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I really like it. However I don't think it's wearable (I don't see any problem about it). I must confess that it's the first collection of Gareth Pugh that I like, because he didn't use to impress me very much.

my only real complaint is the use of those metals and spikes...now i know gareth is a much better,more thoughtful showman than that. especially as he's proven to me the last couple seasons. but those add-ons look downright kitsch to me....like a university student who's rebelling without vision or substance. i feel like he's back-peddling a bit with those things.

I was waiting for this sooo long!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! but it's little bit mixed up with his past women collections.

love the silver coats...anmd liking the collection oddly enough...

Wow, I really like it. However I don't think it's wearable (I don't see any problem about it). I must confess that it's the first collection of Gareth Pugh that I like, because he didn't use to impress me very much.

Looks wearable to me.

Amazing, I see it really was true all that about him making his clothing more accessible, this is definitely more wearable, and now I cant wait to see what he will do for womenswear.

Now will BEYONCE PLEASE LEAVE MY Gareth Alone?! Just a thought...:smile:

haahaha... totally agree.. beyonce is gross.. she should stay to dressing in maintstream sh** that shes use to. leave gareth's clothes to unique artists!!

I think he's evolving in the right direction...I agree that the outerwear is outstanding, beautifully constructed!! I'm not crazy about the stylings, sometimes things get a bit too apocalyptic costumey as were some of his previous shows (That's the difference from the Rick Owens show)...But overall, it's worth the hype. It only heightens the expectation for his next outing.
I love this look in particular, straight to the point and less gimmicky
35165388nm3.jpg

catwalking

Last edited by a moderator:
this collection is at least one of the most memorable of the current menswear season so far. I am looking foward to see how he evolves his aesthetics in his upcoming collections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->