Givenchy F/W 12.13 : Daniela, Joan, Simone, Stef, Stella & Rodrigo by Mert & Marcus

I don't think the double-image effect is stupid, in fact it gives us a better view of the clothes, some kind of tridimentional view and not just some boring two-different-angle-lookbook photos, tbh I think the idea's quite creative , anyhow ,the ad campaign's purpose is to sell clothes , isn't ?

Tridimensional view? How? But they're not giving you different views of the clothes..no different angles or vantage points. The clothes have enough volume in one image and I don't really see it being enhanced with splitting the images in half and pairing them with another picture. In the end, we are still looking at a two-dimensional picture, so I don't really see your point.

You're right, an ad campaign's purpose is to showcase the clothes, but I'm too distracted by what's going on with the pictures to really focus on whether or not I like what's going on with the collection. These two are the least effective IMO

http://postimage.org/image/qf0mtsxrv/

http://postimage.org/image/n9ycz6w8h/

The heavy black vignette on the face, the motion and poses, overlay of patterns..I don't know..I don't see how anyone could really focus on the product in these. The problem to me isn't just that it's very unattractive, but it's also very heavy handed in it's execution' but M&M's work tends to be more on the forced side in general.

I am curious to hear about the intention of the art direction...but I doubt there was really a focus and that this is more so experimental on M&M's behalf. I mean it's just so different from picture to picture.

The only pictures I don't think look as bad are the ones with leather...the red pants and the black jacket.

Joan's pic

tumblr_m69a01T2rU1r0v7pqo1_500.jpg

satorialtwinsblog

You're right, an ad campaign's purpose is to showcase the clothes, but I'm too distracted by what's going on with the pictures to really focus on whether or not I like what's going on with the collection. These two are the least effective IMO

http://postimage.org/image/qf0mtsxrv/

http://postimage.org/image/n9ycz6w8h/

The heavy black vignette on the face, the motion and poses, overlay of patterns..I don't know..I don't see how anyone could really focus on the product in these. The problem to me isn't just that it's very unattractive, but it's also very heavy handed in it's execution' but M&M's work tends to be more on the forced side in general.
I have to completely disagree. The clothes are the only thing getting my attention in this campaign, especially the two images you referenced. The movement and bright colours against the diluted background immediately catch my eye.

i like how they tried to make all the models as siamese twins with 3 legs - the position of the middle leg isn't too awkward, so it fits both with the left leg and right leg of the models and their poses (i don't know how to describe this properly but basically the middle leg works for both sides).

joan looks amazing, but i wish they would've asked her to pose like stef or more rave/more movement. her pose is too tame compared to the others. stef's pose is still the best eventhough i like joan more.

I like it very complex and complicated but it is a good thing.

Joan
givenchy.com

Attachments

• ggg.jpg
    ggg.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 58
oh! i've never seen Liya's campaign! it looks so much better than anything else this season

I don't like it so far, I don't like Stella and what kind of thing is she wearing? :confused:
And lol at the background, where was it shot? Holland? It looks as desolate as a cloudy day in november...

Daniela Braga and Stef van der Laan are also in this, and maybe even more.

twitter/bonaelamour

Thank you thank you thank you for putting last names in your post! I come here looking for IDs a lot and it frustrates me to no end that people seem to never want to put a last name! Thank you!:flower:

Stef's shot is so gorgeous, plus I still love the aluminium foil on Stella.

Joan looks completely out of place, though. Still, the campaign is really good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->