00910m.jpg

00950m.jpg
00990m.jpg

01060m.jpg
01090m.jpg

01230m.jpg
01250m.jpg

vogue.fr

:heart:the presentation...I like the pants silhouettes a lot, as I am a sucker for roll ups and crops, the color palette is calming and simple...a nice show

Cute models! Some of those tops are quite alright! (I'd ditch those pants though....)

That’s What We Call A Revival

The big surprise of Friday, the opening day of the Paris men’s season, was the sudden revival of Givenchy.

Long a producer of far too precious and stuffily old-fashioned “French” chic, the brand’s latest collection was, tout a coup, exactly in synch with the current trends in men’s fashion – i.e. micro (2 centimeter) shirt collars, the bolero style dinner jacket as street wear, tuxedo meets military drab gear and the minimalist pleated shirt.

“The brief was younger, less stiff and not so French obsessed,” explained an understandably happy Givenchy president Marco Gobetti.

Major international retailers swaned around bragging they had made early large orders, stylists were visibly open eyed and critics made detailed inspections of the score of looks presented in a large circle in one of those spaces that make Paris such a unique city.

Hidden in the back of building fronted by a discount gym was a heroically looming classic with a twist room - 40-foot-high grandeur finished with eroded frescoes and bizarre, glass and brass topped roof that looked like the insides of a giant watch mechanism.

Suddenly, there was one of those collective nodding of heads that the latest, post-Savile Row Givenchy has reinvented itself as a hip destination. Priced at a high diffusion price and packed with hyper wearable looks, this spring summer 2008 collection whispered big, fat hit.

fashionwiredaily.com . published 29 June 2008

The tops and jackets are nice, some of those pants are really ugly though.
As with many collections shown this season, the color palette isn't very summery.

Wow! Amazing presentation.
Can I ask a horribly stupid question, but is there a mens NY fashion week, and if so, when is it? I promise I've already Googled it for an answer but to no avail.

it doesn't look so special but i like some of the leather tops.. they look very thin :heart: must be nice, lightweight
also love the mannequins.. so pretty

The venue is amazing.... I like the dinner jackets and some of the leather pieces. Everything else is pretty run-of-the-mill.

I'd like to see a guy wearing some of these blazers..but I don't think that's gonna happen round these parts. It is a bit plain but I like style that's plain but with a touch of jazz for guys..

Does Ozwald Boateng still design for Givenchy?

Yeah...good question.

Its doesnt appear to be very Boateng though does it???

the model/mannequin thing is interesting...but the clothes are just sort of ..... eh.

^I think he got demoted from creative director, or whichever position he was in, to just another design position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyboutique
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->