Givenchy S/S 10 Paris

i have never looked at a givenchy collection and thought so much about other designer references.. as i look at the show i keep thinking pugh, mcqueen, balenciaga.. nevertheless, i love the collection. its not a bad thing, everyone is inspired by everyone..

Some of the draped dresses are amazing, just beautiful...but I don't really like the zebra print everywhere :doh:

i have never looked at a givenchy collection and thought so much about other designer references.. as i look at the show i keep thinking pugh, mcqueen, balenciaga.. nevertheless, i love the collection. its not a bad thing, everyone is inspired by everyone..
same here. I wasn't going to say something because I try not to do designer references unless it bothers me in a bad way but I was thinking the same influences as you listed above. and agree, I still like the collection despite that, mostly because it's still very Givenchy :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
The head-to-toe print is becoming a Tisci signature. Glad to see a return to it. His execution of it is never intrusive or suffocating, the print and color-scheme are always just right. However, as usual, there's always a foreign, unnecessary element in his work. Those frothy dresses seem so out of place next to the other bold, towering silhouettes/pieces. They add nothing to the spirit of the collection. The cut of the trousers also regresses the collection substantially. There is really no need for such a trendy device in Tisci's work. But still, a gorgeous collection from one of my favorites. Nothing new, but truly on par with what is expected from him. :heart:

Love the look, colors, black and white is soo stunning.
Don't like the cone head

There's nothing different here.. I've either seen him or someone else do everything here before. It's pretty unmemorable.

That pale green Grecian-style dress is one of the best dresses this season!

Sorry but even though I'm a fan of his work I do hardly ever enjoy his spring summer collections for Givenchy... I don't know, there's something off about this one, and I hate prints. The jackets are interesting but there's nothing new.

In a few of the girls, you can almost see the Balenciaga makeup from a few days ago.

the shoes are great but the pants are ATROCIOUS . THis collection sux , his fall stuff is always waaaaaaaaay better.

This futuristic look is getting very cliched very fast

I'm not that fond of the prints as it is, but I hate it when designers do it from head to toe, it just looks confusing. I like the shoes, the first 10 or so looks and the draped dresses, particularly those in post 89 which are gorgeous. The rest is just a bit blah, unexciting and unoriginal.

7.5/10
It's not my cup of tea, but I can see why someone would like it. As usual the hair and makeup are awful, but the shoes :woot:
I love the blazers and pants too, and some of the skirts. The issue I always have is the futuristic and edgy look that I can't associate with Givenchy, and I also don't like the prints and how they're used. A few of the dresses I like as well. Awaiting HQs :unsure:

:clap: It's wonderful! It's such a sigh of relief after last season. The prints are beautiful, they make you just wanna look at the clothes.
The cuts are so interesting. I especially the shredded-like number on Natasha.
Mariacarla :woot:

i wish he would bring in some of the more organic that he did so well in his own collection before givenchy. this look is,i admit,getting a little tedious. personally i find nothing exceptionally inspiring in this. just looks a little bit redundant.

The prints remind me of American apparel leggings lol

I love Tisci dearly, but this just does not move me like I was expecting. There are plenty of fantastic offerings like the shoes, the first three dresses in N°89, the last three white dresses, and that one white dress with black lapels in N°85, but otherwise nothing really moves me. I was expecting a little more colour after that amazing haute couture collection and menswear. I guess I have to wait until haute couture for some more greatness. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->