Gucci F/W 2023.24 Milan

Remember, Sabato de Sarno's debut is in September for Spring'24. This collection was designed by the design team.

^Thank you for the disclaimer, the show was absurdly bad. Just like with the menswear show, the team had got a memo to recreate every single trend from 2022, including a literal interpretation of the Miu Miu set with some random Tom Ford's Gucci pulled from the archives and thrown in the mix. I don't think this will even sell because the separates are either poorly tailored or straight up ugly.

If I were Kering, I wouldn't rely too much on Gucci anymore.

I don't even want to watch the video, I'll wait for the pics to come (I'm afraid I won't like it at all...).

standing ovation?? :lol::lol:
Literally a Balenciaga trunk show. A hot mess, all over the place, ill fitted dresses. I was so worried about He Cong's left boob.

It was actually such a fun show to watch!
The best soundtrack really of the season so far and I think the collection was good…

It was better than what Michele showed for the 2 past years prior to his exit.
Of course, it was full of Fordism and Michele-ism but there was still a sense of direction. It was never boring in a way and I like how somehow after a few looks there was a kind of break with those very down to earth silhouettes like the trench coat worn with jeans or the oversized suits.
There were a lot of very beautiful pieces to wear. Very sellable, very on-trend and it worked for me.

I feel like as long as they continue to milk Tom Ford’s tenure, everything is alright for them…
Re-releasing the 2003 bags is kind of hilarious but I take those accessories over what we saw at Prada!

And what a pleasure to see Liisa and Guinevere!

It was actually such a fun show to watch!
The best soundtrack really of the season so far and I think the collection was good…

It was better than what Michele showed for the 2 past years prior to his exit.
Of course, it was full of Fordism and Michele-ism but there was still a sense of direction. It was never boring in a way and I like how somehow after a few looks there was a kind of break with those very down to earth silhouettes like the trench coat worn with jeans or the oversized suits.
There were a lot of very beautiful pieces to wear. Very sellable, very on-trend and it worked for me.

I feel like as long as they continue to milk Tom Ford’s tenure, everything is alright for them…
Re-releasing the 2003 bags is kind of hilarious but I take those accessories over what we saw at Prada!

And what a pleasure to see Liisa and Guinevere!

Agree!! I think they did a fantastic job as a creative team. They must be under a lot of pressure with artistic directives from all sides to target the bigger audience possible, but kept it interesting. It was well made, lots of very sellable and fun pieces. A lot of tom Ford yes but they cannot charter in fully unknown territory until Sabato. Anyway, the talent is there and im very hopefull for the next collection.

Sometimes a team effort is the best effort, it's like they fixed almost all the Michele flaws in my opinion. Some shoes (the bicolor Chanel ones) and bags are going to be instant hits.
Also no logos, no monograms, and A+ soundtrack, set design, and cast.

Amazing collection. Loved every second of it. Such a rich proposition full of colours and
It's like Michele's vintage touch but much more modern. And sexier. With a Tom Ford twist.

Italian quirk meets 2023 finally.

I'm already in love with the bags. You can't do wrong with pulling inspiration from Ford's collections and this really felt like the best of both words. I can't even begin to tell you how pleased I was to see a Gucci collection that didn't look like a Renaissance fair. This is much more down to earth and there are some very lovely garments that I am appreciating without the excessive overstyling of Michele's tenure.

And was that Amy Wesson I saw?? How nice to see her again! Great casting.

Bonus points for Britney on the soundtrack.

In an ideal situation, I would have for them to skip a season and wait for Sabato's debut, so his debut could have more impact but yeah they need to fill the store with something.

But the team did a great job this season. I enjoy this more than the menswear or even Alessandro's last few years.
Britney's "I'm a slave 4 u" is a classic. This show just became enjoyable thanks to the soundtrack. And who better than Britney to represent the late 90s/ early 2000s Y2K? Now if they are only bold enough to put her on the campaign.
I like that the team finds the balance between the Tom Ford looks and the Alessandro looks. The outerwears are my favorite.
I think this is the winning formula for Gucci from now on. I hope that Kering realizes that they couldn't escape the ghost of TF (and now AM) at Gucci like Dior couldn't escape Galliano now since the worldbuilding legacy of these designers is so ingrained into people's minds already, so instead of trying to distance and run away from it why not embrace it. But the next designer can move on from Frida tho :rofl: , but she only got herself to blame.

Now, let's see what Sabato will show us.

much better than the men’s collection and pleased to see renowed models walking down Gucci’s runway again! Great casting, amazing soundtrack and beautiful collection overall

I'm already in love with the bags. You can't do wrong with pulling inspiration from Ford's collections and this really felt like the best of both words. I can't even begin to tell you how pleased I was to see a Gucci collection that didn't look like a Renaissance fair. This is much more down to earth and there are some very lovely garments that I am appreciating without the excessive overstyling of Michele's tenure.

And was that Amy Wesson I saw?? How nice to see her again! Great casting.

Bonus points for Britney on the soundtrack.
It was fun to watch and for the first time maybe in a long time, there was a sense of the fact that the studio had fun doing this collection. It was joyful and celebratory with a touch of humor that is essential for Gucci.

I’m afraid the next designer might be a little bit serious tho. Gucci needs to be fun after all.

Oh it was fun ! It was sexy, very fashion yet the pieces separately can be very sucessful in term of sales. Love the accessories, great casting and the music !

I enjoyed this very casual dark great with the inside being all sparkly, interesting trousers, the OTT glasses etc.

More and more I am into a whole creative team than the creative director. They are really the really strength behind a brand.

Hopefully Ferragamo and BV would be as fun as this one.

Styling by Suzanne Koller which I found interesting.
A bit hit and miss but overall much better than expected. Commercially a gold mine I guess.
I do expect the new designer to go more into this direction too, otherwise it's going to be quite confusing in September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->