Gucci F/W 2023.24 Milan

Styling by Suzanne Koller which I found interesting.
A bit hit and miss but overall much better than expected. Commercially a gold mine I guess.
I do expect the new designer to go more into this direction too, otherwise it's going to be quite confusing in September.
She did her thing!
It’s a mess but very controlled and the references are very cleverly done…

Maybe she should style Tom Ford too instead of Carine lol.

Same as last January's menswear: unfocused but likely to be a commercial hit.

As I was watching the show, I couldn't help but think that De Sarno has quite the task: keeping together the recent history of the brand, from TF to AM, but also making it more polished, more refined than as of late. Because if they really plan to go the Hermes way (I hope not only price-wise), this way of checking every current-trend box (including a lot of Demna-isms) will have to go out of the window...

Just made my Day seeing Hanne Gaby back!!
Her look was the outstanding point... It really resumes the whole collection
Her walk!! I needed to see her... The other looks i loved also... But im here for her

Lola, a tirelessly advocate for Carine to be unemployed by basically everyone in the industry since 2013. Are you sure this is not something more personal madame?
I'm gonna start snitching for real :P.
Ahaha! I’m advocating for Tom to be better and Carine is not committed to challenge herself as much as she is committed to make money.
I love her. She is a legend, she is one of my forever style icon and to have met her several times, she is a good time…

But seriously, look at Tom Ford collections. She is using the same tricks over and over again…

We like to be hard on MAS here but at least, she is challenging herself and Nicolas. There’s an evolution in their collaboration…

And for Carine, her decade by Karl’s side at Chanel hardly gave us great campaigns lol

So let’s say that, I want Carine styling the campaigns but off of anyone’s runway ahaaha.

Ahaha! I’m advocating for Tom to be better and Carine is not committed to challenge herself as much as she is committed to make money.
I love her. She is a legend, she is one of my forever style icon and to have met her several times, she is a good time…

But seriously, look at Tom Ford collections. She is using the same tricks over and over again…

We like to be hard on MAS here but at least, she is challenging herself and Nicolas. There’s an evolution in their collaboration…

And for Carine, her decade by Karl’s side at Chanel hardly gave us great campaigns lol

So let’s say that, I want Carine styling the campaigns but off of anyone’s runway ahaaha.

Let's not forget that she also """styled""" the givenchy show last september in Paris.... not sure her credentials are as strong today as they were in early 2000s.

Not of fan of the Miu Miu-esque sheer/embroidered skirt looks. LOVED the mules with the asymmetric topline and also Hanne Gaby’s look.

Let's not forget that she also """styled""" the givenchy show last september in Paris.... not sure her credentials are as strong today as they were in early 2000s.
The collection wasn’t great to begin with but you got it…She did « Carine » as her styling is also linked to her personal style and things that could work on an Ed but not a show.

What is great for example about this Gucci show is that Suzanne took some of Carine’s tricks used at Gucci under Tom (pink stockings for example) and twisted it. It looks fresh because the make up is undone, the hair is messy…It’s the past but it doesn’t look like the past because the 00’s were about minimal styling and that idea of a « look ».

Bizarre collection. Very derivative of what is going on is fashion right now, but with the Gucci hardware/logos. There were so many moments that reminded me of Lotta Volkova, early Vetements, and even Demna. They really were at the forefront of bringing that whole late 90's/early 2000's taste set into the fashion consciousness, and so to see that at Gucci felt quite inauthentic, and to be honest, a bit late.

I really hope that Sabato does something much more classic and less overtly trendy than this when he debuts in September. Now is the time to move fashion forward. We don't need to see any more 2000's irony and nostalgia anymore. It's been done to death by now and it's looking very tired...

The entire collection is nothing but a snooze fest. None of this looks like fashion to me....it all just looks lime clothes.

It's too classic for my taste. It doesn't look much different than every other designer out there.....nothing about any of this is unique.so

I mean?? A baggy trenchcoat....with a pair of baggy blue jeans and a white blouse?? Big effing deal. Ralph Lauren and Michael Kors have been showing that for decades. Or....a black wool overcoat with a red fur collar?? Yeah....never seen anything like that before. And the first presentation was pitiful. A barely nothing there bra top...with Gucci rhinestone pasties??? Clearly presented for shock value. I would have been more excited if they used 2 Dixie cups on a shoestring..

Weather or not you liked AM or not....at least his collections had personality. His collections always stood out from all the rest.

Regurgitated Tom Ford archives through the eyes of a sedated Alessandro Michele.

Do you like Tom´s tenure? You can find something for you! Do you like Michele´s tenure? You can find something for you too!

But do you like a solid collection with a vision to take Gucci into the present? Then you can´t find anything here...

Tom Ford?? Meh..overrated for what he presented. To me...he was purely a 1 note. Most of his collections always revolved around sex appeal....or being provocative.

A. Michele was satured in nostalgia and retro fashion....but at least you needed to have a set of balls to wear his pieces..weather you're a boy or a girl.

I honestly don't care about the future of Gucci... anymore. I couldn't stand Tom Ford...and in most cases...I even despise logos and corporate fashion. AM and what he was showing....is the entire reason why I cared to give Gucci any of my attention. I was even embarrassed at times to admit that I liked Gucci. l don't like status, as fashion.

What I'd really like to know is.....what's AM up to?? Is he going to become an independent designer....is he going to work for another corporate fashion conglomerate?? Wherever HE goes...I'd want to follow.

AM and his retro \vintage esthetic appealed to me because my age has something to do with it. I'm 51 years old....I was born in 1971. His presentations bring back tons of nostalgia into my mind. It reminds me of a time when the world was a much more simple place to be.....when the world wasn't so cyber oriented.

Kering owns Gucci and Balenciaga. To me....Gucci looked joyous and happy....bright colors...busy patterns. Wearing clothes that look like they're tons of fun. Unlike Balenciaga....which to me looks alien and evil. Dark and dystopian. A negative outlook upon the future.....having a soul that's morbid and gloomy. Nothing about Balenciaga appeals to me. Gucci and Balenciaga....the battle between good and evil.

Tom Ford?? Meh..overrated for what he presented. To me...he was purely a 1 note. Most of his collections always revolved around sex appeal....or being provocative.

A. Michele was satured in nostalgia and retro fashion....but at least you needed to have a set of balls to wear his pieces..weather you're a boy or a girl.

I honestly don't care about the future of Gucci... anymore. I couldn't stand Tom Ford...and in most cases...I even despise logos and corporate fashion. AM and what he was showing....is the entire reason why I cared to give Gucci any of my attention. I was even embarrassed at times to admit that I liked Gucci. l don't like status, as fashion.

What I'd really like to know is.....what's AM up to?? Is he going to become an independent designer....is he going to work for another corporate fashion conglomerate?? Wherever HE goes...I'd want to follow.

But Tom Ford's Gucci offered more than just sex appeal and his tenure won't have the same success if it had just sex. It was a desirable daywear with impeccable tailoring and the ultra-glamorous evening wear that still be copied to this day but never able to be replicated. And his sex symbol has always been fully clothed.

If we talk about one note, Michele is one. Despite having a strong vision in his first 2 years, he showed no evolution during his tenure. It has always been the same aesthetic, with no range or no development. He can put on extravaganza shows to hide it but still be visible. In his last 2 years, it was just one endless collection with different sets.

When Kering ask him to switch it up, maybe it has to do with the fact that the market is already oversaturated with his products, they wanted him to evolve from his aesthetic, and that is when a designer shows if they had a different range or not.

And let's not forget that when his formula gets stale, Michele brought back to make it exciting again, Tom Ford and his red suit of course.

Lol....I hated that red suit that Tom Ford presented. My opinion...it was simply boring. Seeing someone in a red suit?? Meh. It takes more than just a color to grab my interest. But...that's just me.

My opion on Tom Ford is based upon my own personal taste. To me.....much of what he presented was simply too easy to wear... and I'm placing my emphasis upon what he presented for men. My opinion is.... It was just too classic.....and a bit too masculine. The pieces that I liked most from AM.......we're the pieces that most stereotypical men wouldn't dare to wear....such as the p*ssy-bow blouse. In regards to menswear....it came across as a breath of fresh air. In regards to clothes.......women have much more freedom in the things they want to wear. Society doesn't flip out when they see a woman wearing a necktie with a 3 piece suit. Seeing something like that on a woman is socially acceptable. But God forbid if they see a man wearing a dress. Seems to me like it's perfectly okay to masculate women.... but not okay to feminise men.

Obviously....much of what AM presented was very gender fluid...which totally appeals to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->