Gucci F/W 2023.24 Milan

Last thing I'll say......Harry Styles and Jared Leto come to mind. I don't think either of them is a homosexual, but regardless. I'd like to know why society......especially men in particular....have such a problem seeing a man dressed like they do.

Anyway.....my posts should have more emphasis on this collection.

Nothing in this collection does much for me. It's too basic...and nothing that I see here is pushing the envelope. .and it doesn't come across as luxury fashion to me....and it doesn't have much of a point of view.

Dislike all the fur bits, trim & boots included
But I like some of the more streamlined pieces - coats, column skirts, dresses and so forth.

Don't really care for this that much. Such a random looking collection that it's hard to appreciate the pieces that are decent.

But great to see Hanne, Amy Wesson, Liisa Winkler and Guinevere.

Its like Virginie's version of Gucci but with better tailoring lol , the accessories are great that must be said. Lets see what the new CD comes up with. Though I have to admit its refreshing not to see any bizarre faunal prints and thrift store vibes.

Hmm… actually I am wondering where’s the Tom Ford-ism where all I see is some sheer overlays or bra tops… I wouldn’t call them anything near TF-ism because they are missing the tight editing and sharpness.

However… I see a lot of references from other brands like Valentino (the furriness in look 3/9/20, silver fringes in look 13, the poofy hat in look 51), look 34 is basically a copy of Hedi Slimane’s Celine, look 23/42/46 seems highly inspired by Prada (look 36 looks very Prada too), the sheer overlay with big sequins reminds me of something miu miu did for some red carpet event… the list goes on and on

And can anyone explain what look 7 is? What’s up with the “balloon” cutting at the thigh area? 10 babies can hide in that space

I don’t see the Tom Ford codes in this either. I’m looking really hard !

I think for a transitional collection designed by the team, it’s really useless to really critique it in my mind - unless it was stellar and the house could do without having a CD - but it’s not stellar nor is it really bad. It just exists.

I don’t see the Tom Ford codes in this either. I’m looking really hard !

I think for a transitional collection designed by the team, it’s really useless to really critique it in my mind - unless it was stellar and the house could do without having a CD - but it’s not stellar nor is it really bad. It just exists.

The Tom Ford-ism or whatever that might be is in some silhouettes, some colors combinations, some details, some specific items that link back to specific collections of his time at Gucci.
Low rise skirts with kitten heels slingbacks or mules are very spring 1998 and 1999. The slingbacks with the gold details are from fall 2000. A sheer t-shirt is a staple from Tom Ford, the look on Hanne Gaby in it color combination is a recreation of the opening look from the 1995 collection, the pink stockings are very spring 2000, the zipped pants (look 2) is spring 1997.
Even the color palette of strong colors (the pink, the blue, the orange, the green) it’s very Ford after all but done with the craziness of Michele. In the middle of that we have very dramatic silhouettes that are slightly costumey.

I mean the studio tried to recreate something out of the archives. But you are right, it’s not stellar but I think for a collection designed by the studio, it’s quite good even more when we take into consideration that Michele’s last few collections weren’t that great.

It’s like the collections designed at Givenchy between Riccardo and Clare. They were great for things designed by the studio.

I like it not love it but i like it...and i think this in-between collections are always tricky...find it curious that they decided to use an stylist...i know for fact that they did it too for the men's collection but i guess less renowned than Suzanne. That Amy Wesson look was a total Suzanne look from her own style, that was funny.

I think the collection stands for what it is right now important to them...a balance between, sexy,retro,minimal,and extravaganza, the tailoring was very well done and also the coats too...in that eclectic way the new creative director will lead the way. But i thought it was a good studio team work.

Loved the cast! specially Guinevere. and the set was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->