Gucci S/S 2006 Milan

Gucci report from cnn , seems that Frida did not go too bad after all :P

Gucci's Frida Giannini had nowhere to go but forward. Wednesday evening marked the young Roman's first show for the house that has been searching for the right designer since Tom Ford's huffy departure last year.

The overall look was fresh and feminine. For daytime, Giannini favored jackets with a hint of puff at the shoulder over slim pants cropped at the ankle to reveal patent leather boots.

The cocktail hour came in a series of dresses in monochrome or printed silk, with a V neckline that goes straight to the waist and has a matching V in the back. The floor-length evening wear favored the same geometric cutout.

The new Gucci footwear includes a high-heeled ankle-strapped platform sandal in green suede, reminiscent of a style favored by Karl Lagerfeld, longtime designer for Fendi, where Giannini took her first fashion steps.

"I have worked very hard, slept very little, and now we shall see," Giannini said on the eve of the show.

The warm round of applause from the crowd at the end of the 15-minute presentation, bodes well for the future.

check here for the Milano FW article : http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/09/29/milan.fashion.ap/index.html

I dunno if i'm resisting hte change or whatever, but i really havn't like the collections for Gucci since Tom left, last season however was quite nice :flower: i think they should've given the designer at least one more season. This collection, however, the clothes seemed so common, does anyone else get that as well? I don't know, maybe thats the whole point to get more people to buy the clothes?? :huh:

^^^^

thats what I was thinking. I mean, the point of buying designer clothing most of the time is to have something a bit different, special and a bit more exclusive, for most of the people who buy it anyway. And most of the stuff in the collection I can find a replica of at Kmart... that was there before the show.

Does anyone know where to get a video of the show? i tried style.com, but couldn't find it......

the more reviews i read the most i take that editors quite welcomed the 'new era of Gucci'

Tinuviel said:
don't really like most of what I've seen, cept maybe the designer's outfit and green one shlder dress. agree with the rochas and LV references.

I keep seeing these "rugby" tees, you know with the stripes. Ashish did them in sequins and I think some other designers only I can't remember right now. Luella maybe?

I agree there is something a bit Luella about some of the collection, maybe its the stripes and the mod references - all good when you a young designer like Luella but when your Gucci . . .

Gucci spring summer 06 collection

ss06_rtww_5

black and cyclamen fine cashmere striped polo neck short sleeve top
159673 X9392 1085

(Gucci.com)

Anyone know how much this top is!!! I want it for uni! :woot:

I wondering does that pinkish-red dress have lining in the front? Cause every time I see a celeb in one of those dresses they never have a bra on a ruin the whole look of the dress like Drew berrymore and Madonna. I think it a beautiful dress and I'm sure wearing a bra won't ruin it.

^ I think the celebs do that on purpose..lol

But you could wear a strapless bra with the red dress above. I love it! It has this kind of 'Pretty Woman' theme to it.

eurofashionjunki said:
^ I think the celebs do that on purpose..lol

But you could wear a strapless bra with the red dress above. I love it! It has this kind of 'Pretty Woman' theme to it.

I like the green one with the keyhole cut in the middle......but drew ruined that one but I still like it. I also liked the other green mini dress with side shoulder thing the sasha P. had on. I don't know why some people hated this colletion I thought it was really beautiful and showed another side of gucci other than sex which it is know for.

hahahha

^^^ i agree , you have to be fit to wear those dresses , her fat *** ruined the dress . my fav is the brown print 40s skirt set
and those shoes !!!

merged with existing discussion

attention: always check before posting new threads on past collections, you will save us moderating time :flower:

Educate Me

liberty33r1b said:
the first pics are in, from yahoo!

capt.fp12809281648.italy_fashion_fp128.jpg
capt.fp12709281647.italy_fashion_fp127.jpg

I have been keeping an eye out for whats great in fashion butb nothing is really crying out to me apart from handbags handbags handbags. New york fashion week aws weak i expected more or am i expecting too much? educate me pls.

Well it looks very cheap this collection ..very tommy hilfiger and louis vuitton look a like, they need to rennovate the gucci look and sexy image has too comeback or else they will lose their clientelle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->