How do you feel when strangers stare ? - questionaire

if i catch someone staring, i either get all awkward and uncomfortable or i simply assume something is wrong...like i have toilet paper stuck to my show or something

do you hope to get stared at..?
i'd hope only to get this kind of reaction from the onlookers: :clap::buzz::woot::clap::mohawk::bounce:
and for a good reason ^_^

do you love the attention..??
if i feel its well deserved...

do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever?
like i said, i usually just assume there is something wrong (neg. attention)

do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway?
good lord i hope not

do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to?
yup. i know it isnt polite but, i cant help it.

do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU?
nunca. see ^above^

do you hate people looking at you?
usually it makes me uncomfortable, but sometimes it can be a confidence boost

do you wish you could just be invisible?
sometimes yes, sometimes no

do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you?
i love people watching, i could do it for hours. but sometimes i think we all want at least some attention for ourselves.

do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers?
depends. i dont ever really feel that im always being watched, so i never feel the need to hide

do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring?
sometimes ^_^

does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?...
it depends on the type of look, and the person who is giving it. if someone gives me the hairy eyeball, im going to glare right back :lol:

does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at?
sometimes, but then again it can sometimes make you feel really good about yourself.

do you hope to get stared at..? Honestly, I really could not give two sh*ts.
do you love the attention..?? Depends on the situation.
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? I hope so! hahaa :lol:
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? Haha no, definitely not at 5'4. I'd probably trip over myself.
do you look people in the eye and check out what they are wearing to? No, unless it's a cute guy :wink:
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? I don't strut, thank god.
do you hate people looking at you? Again, it completely depends on the situation.
do you wish you could just be invisible? I think we all feel like that at one time or another. Especially if we do something embarrassing and feel humiliated.
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? Only if I notice they look hot.
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? Nope.
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? Sometimes.
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... Haha, sometimes. Not gonna lie.
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? Again sometimes lol

Last edited by a moderator:
do you hope to get stared at..? definately not! so much so that it stops me from wearing what i love outside the house...yes, i parade around the house in my more 'fashiony' combinations... :innocent:
do you love the attention..?? no. I prefer to be on the other side watching^_^

do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? i've probably got something on my face...or my zip is down...:shock:

do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? haha no.
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? i definately look but the discreet kind (where you think you're discreet but kinda get carried away and plus when contact-less, i really have to 'look')...kind of like strawberry's train sequence...
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? haha pretty much...but at the same time i'm pretty blind without my contacts (which i hate to wear) so i generally only see body shapes...
do you hate people looking at you? not hate, i just don't really know how to react...am shy...

do you wish you could just be invisible? yes! sometimes... of course, if it's some outing or whatever, i want to look as nice as everyone else haha
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? yes! i love watching people and what they're wearing. i canNOT turn away if i see something nice being worn well! Of course as said by others, it can make you feel good sometimes...if they smile or something!

do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? honestly i think people are just busy thinking about themselves and their daily lives...

do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? as said, maybe something is wrong...

does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... haha, no
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? haha, no... i just scamper away... makes me uncomfortable

or are you completely oblivious and don't even notice it....

:P
... i think sometimes you can be oblivious...especially when you're daydreaming in your own little world...which happens to me alot...i miss my own station...repetitively...:rolleyes:

:flower:

interesting reading others responses...

i know justlooking...:lol:...
it's only fair, right?...

to be honest...
i am still trying to figure out how i feel...^_^...

but i will def do it...once i figure it out...
:wink:

*i will say this...
if all the world is a stage....then i sometimes suffer from stagefright...:ninja:...

:innocent:...

I dont normally notice tbh .. in a world of my own most of the time

But if i do i normaly feel a mixture of confusion, worry and paranoia :ninja: im not a very confident person tbh.

My friend always notices though and normally tells me if people are staring.

when i do notice people staring if its in a good/curious nice way ill smile at them.

But if its in a nasty way ill go off on one .. normally talking to friends very loud about rudeness of staring. Or if im by myself ill just say "do i have a tele on my head or something ??" .. pet hate is people who stare

I like to people watch .. but i normally wont just stare ill say ooohh ur bags great etc. .. cos i personally hate not knowing why people are staring .. so like i always explain why lol.

But no matter how much people stare in a good or bad way .. im me i aint changing for no one .. so they can stare all they like.

I don't know, generally I hate it when people stare at me - which isn't very often which is probably why it makes me so uncomfortable. Normally when people stare I think its for a bad reason, although because I'm a bit of a daydreamer I often think its probably that too - I have a habit when I'm not doing anything to go off into my own little world. If the person makes eye contact and smiles I normally take it as positive though. However, like I said I don't get many stares as I dress pretty conventionally. I love people watching and seeing what other people are wearing, I try not to stare though or look at a particular person too frequently if its in a place where people are sat down (like a café or public transport)

For me it depends on mood I'm in. If I feel great I think people stare cuz I look good, but if I feel bad I think theres something wrong with the way I look. And if they stare in a rude and obvious way I tend to star back until they feel uncomfortable and look away!

do you hope to get stared at..?- not necessarily, I'd probably have more time for my own stuff if people didn't distract me with stares that something keep me wondering.
do you love the attention..?- I guess.
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever?- No. like strawberry said, it really depends on who's the attention-giver, I definitely don't think cab drivers or random people think I'm 'cool', they're probably thinking 'what a way to horrify your body' or something along these lines.
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway?- for self-defense whenever the environment is feeling a little too dense. :ninja:
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to?- sometimes. usually when they're staring too much in a judgmental manner and their own outfits are not worth of such a god-like attitude :P. other times I just like to bother people.
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU?- I pretend to.
do you hate people looking at you?- not at all. any publicity is good publicity. j/k.
do you wish you could just be invisible?- never, unless I just came out of a funeral or am going through severe depression, which hasn't happened in years really.
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you?- no, not really.
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers?- only when I've concluded that my outfit was a very bad idea or out of place.
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring?- most of the time I can't be bothered to dig further on how negative or positive their reaction was but I do feel very self-conscious if they've been just introduced to me and stared weirdly, I tend to think they didn't like me or just found me stuck up or pretentious, I don't know. Many times I've found out it was all the opposite. I used to think my sister's friends were horrified by the way I dress and it turned out that they loved it and they told my sister they wished they had the nerve to wear things so naturally, which I thought was very sweet. :blush:
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?- umm.. I feel threatened like that if I hear giggles and it's a bunch of fat stupid men.. they're so obnoxious and might even yell things, which does get on my nerves and makes me wanna punch 'em.
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at?- same as above.
or are you completely oblivious and don't even notice it- it happens sometimes.

do you hope to get stared at..? absolutely not!
do you love the attention..??...it makes me cringe...i don't know if i will ever get used to it...
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? i don't know what they are thinking and i don't care...i just want them to stop looking at me...:ninja:...
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? not intentionally...but i do have a determined stride...especially if i am wearing one of my favourite things that make me feel powerful....ie- some great boots...
do you look people in the eye and check out what they are wearing too?
i am always checking out what people are wearing...i'm not that concerned with making eye contact...but i don't avoid it either...i have no problem talking to a stranger about what they are wearing...i'll just stop and tell them that i think they look great or that i like something they are wearing...i do this often...
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU?:lol:....yeah right...:rolleyes:...
do you hate people looking at you? mostly...yes...
do you wish you could just be invisible? see above...
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? yep...my ideal is to be a fly on a wall and to just be able to observe everyone else...
people are fascinating to watch...:glare:...so much diversity...
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? i have done...now not so much...i am usually rushing though because i'm often running late...^_^...*i hate feeling rushed!...:ermm:...
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring?...no- i think i can usually tell what they are thinking...people are pretty easy to read if you pay close enough attention...imo...
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?...see below...
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at?...YES!!!...
a glance is fine...blatant staring is obnoxious and rude...so frustrating...
or are you completely oblivious and don't even notice it....
i wish...i think i notice way more than most frankly....
it's a blessing and a curse...

basically...
i began dressing according to my own personal taste at a pretty young age...
it was something i enjoyed doing..putting together outfits and getting dressed up...
i have never really liked super casual clothes...
what i didn't count on was that i was dressing differently than some of the people around me and that this would in turn attract some amount of attention/interest from these people...

i was rather shocked and i couldn't really understand what was attracting all this attention...
and why people would stare so much....
then they started showing up dressed like me...
and so i knew what they were staring at...
:lol:...
they were trying to copy the look...

i think i feel most invisible when i am wearing something with colour or something trendy...because then i just sort of blend a bit more...so people might check out what i am wearing...but not actually 'stare'...

but if i am wearing something more avant garde...or fashion forward..
people will more or less stare because they are studying it or trying to figure out what it is....
- these are basically the times when i feel the least insecure about people staring...because i usually love what i am wearing so much that i don't care what anybody says...those are the times that i know it looks good and it's cool and i'm not seeking anyone's approval...

this is when i am the most 'me'...
and when i feel someone staring...i'm like...
'right- go ahead, have a look...it's good, isn't it...???..'...

:lol:...:heart:

It depends on how I am beign scrutinized. If the person is being lecherous or snotty, I generally want to biff them about the head and shoulders, but if somebody is just checking out my outfit or something like that, it's no big deal. And if somebody actually speaks up a compliment, then I am just tickled pink!

I think people are bound to notice when somebody is wearing something striking. I know I get more attention when I wear strange tights or very bright colors, or something that is figure-revealing. To the last end, I hardly ever wear anything that could be construed as sexy or revealing, because I DO NOT LIKE that kind of attention. It makes me very uncomfortable to be ogled.

but if i am wearing something more avant garde...or fashion forward..
people will more or less stare because they are studying it or trying to figure out what it is....
- these are basically the times when i feel the least insecure about people staring...because i usually love what i am wearing so much that i don't care what anybody says...those are the times that i know it looks good and it's cool and i'm not seeking anyone's approval...

this is when i am the most 'me'...
and when i feel someone staring...i'm like...
'right- go ahead, have a look...it's good, isn't it...???..'...

:lol:...:heart:

I totally agree with this softgrey, sometimes I wear things that are just made for me.... like it's such a part of me.. it becomes me, that is when I feel most confident... I wish all my outfit could be in my eyes perfection...but that is so so hard...

I wish i could feel that good all the time, you know.

ugh I feel uncomfortable if someone is checking me out.:unsure: I like people focusing on my face and not what I'm wearing or what my body looks like.:ninja:

I don't mind getting compliments on my clothes though.B:(lol:

do you hope to get stared at..? yes, all the time.
do you love the attention..?? it depends, there's days i want to go under the radar but still its hard to avoid. but most of time time i love it when people stare, its different.
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? i'd like to believe it, otherwise, how do you plan to carry yourself and x outfit with confidence if you dont exude confidence?
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? hahaha honey, streets are my runway! oh the things people scream... sometimes is embarrasing because im with people that don't really dress like me, and its like im being rude for dressing like that with them, cause they dont like attention, but if im with friends that dress like that, its a common laugh between us cause we find it funny.
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? sometimes, im not shocked so easily, most of the time i pretend im not staring... but again, im not shocked by what people wear most of the time...
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? again, its all about self confidence, if you dont feel confident in the outfit, you aren't gonna look fierce or confident... if you're noticing everyone, you just look paranoid trying to find a hole to hide. hahaha
do you hate people looking at you? it happens, im used to it, but it all depends who im with. if im by myself, i dont mind it, but if im with people, that always question my taste, i get upset cause im giving them a reason to tell me "oh you see, you dress like a lunatic" but most of the time i can read people, you can tell when they're hating on you or when they're staring in appreciation.
do you wish you could just be invisible? absolutely not.
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? that's what there's sunglasses for. i can stare all day and they wouldn't know. i dont care people looking.
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? if im in a gas station or somewhere where i feel threatened... hahahah
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? i do, but sometimes its not the people staring, its the "oh why did i go this far!" hahaha
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... no
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? when its people bunched up looking and making comments and laughing, yes i do get upset, because looking at what they're wearing and what they look like, they shouldn't... then again, i think of what ignorant lifes theyre living, they dont see people that "dress up" too often... but then, why laugh?

great answers ale---very interesting....:flower:
i love hearing from the people who love to be stared at or checked out or whatever..
i'm completely fascinated by that...^_^...
very bold people...

I totally agree with this softgrey, sometimes I wear things that are just made for me.... like it's such a part of me.. it becomes me, that is when I feel most confident... I wish all my outfit could be in my eyes perfection...but that is so so hard...

I wish i could feel that good all the time, you know.
pucci- i totally know...
and that is always what i am striving for...
i think the way i feel is definitely influenced by what i am wearing...
and not the other way around....
:P...

ie- yohji gets me stared at a LOT...but...i really don't care then...
it's almost like a way to weed out the losers...
anyone who doesn't get it or makes fun of it is clearly not anyone i need to waste my time dealing with...saves me the time of trying to decide...

awkward and uncomfortable, then i start feeling insecure about myself, paranoid and self conscious!

I'm a little undecided on this one, to be honest... I don't like people staring at me. I've been told that I have a 'presence', but nevertheless... I feel so awkward and self-conscious when people stare at me. However at times, sometimes it's quite flattering... Most of the time though, I hate it. :lol:

I'm tall, so I get the "did you model" line all the time, or did you play volleyball. I did model in the past, but certainly don't try to strut down the street like a model. As far as getting stared at for what I'm wearing, I don't mind, especially if someone comments on something unique that I did. It's funny, but I tend to remember those things, kind of selective memory. I like to try new things, experiment a bit and I'm always glad if I get positive feedback from it. I bought a jacket a few years ago, that had a faux fur collar and the sleeves were a little short on me. I found the same fur material at a fabric shop and extended the sleeves with it. After I did that, I got so many compliments on the jacket, which made me feel great. I always felt that, if I feel good about that, I should return compliment. If I'm staring at someone and there's something I really like about their look, I'll say something unless I get an unfriendly vibe from them.

Now, if it's a guy staring and they give me a cheesey line........:lol:

I get stared at almost everyday and it's mostly because my hair and style it different from the "typical" dark skinned guy. Sometimes it's flattering but it can get uncomfortable since I'm a very modest guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->