How do you feel when strangers stare ? - questionaire

do you hope to get stared at..? absolutely not
do you love the attention..?? noooo
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? not at all
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? no, i don't think my legs are long enough to do that
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? no, i'm too shy...
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? no, i try to dodge hipsters and try no to step on poo
do you hate people looking at you? yes, unless i'm speaking to them
do you wish you could just be invisible? not really, but i don't like a whole lot of attention either
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? erm i observe but i don't stare...
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? yes
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? YES
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... not unless its a sleazy look
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? a bit... cos some people are jus taking the piss :-\

Never consciously thought about this, and I probably shouldn't if I don't want to get all agoraphobic. :lol:

do you hope to get stared at?
no, but being noticed isn't such a bad thing actually.
do you love the attention?
it often makes me feel too self-conscious for my liking, so much so that if the staring audience consists of more than 1 person i'll speed up and rush out of their field of vision. :glare::P
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot', or 'cool' or whatever?
no
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway?
not in that sense, but i try to walk with confidence and check if i'm hiding my insecurities well enough in shopping windows.. i guess by way of self-defence as mullet stated.
do you look people in the eye and check out what they are wearing to?
only when someone/something catches my eye. but i'm not constantly looking to see if people are well-dressed as i couldn't care less what the whole world is wearing. :bunny: i just stare at whatever distracts me.
do you hate people looking at you?
it can be a nice thing and boost your self-confidence level up a notch if they're positively intrigued, even when it makes you feel slightly uncomfortable because someone's watching your moves.. otherwise, well we can't all have the same taste, so i'm fine with people being repelled by what i wear on a particular day. but if the judgement comes from someone i respect in whatever way, it's a whole different case! it really depends on my mood and the person in question.
do you wish you could just be invisible?
on days that i feel repulsive, absolutely :lol:
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you?
if i'm checking out someone, why shouldn't they be checking out me?
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers?
no.. unless i've decided my outfit was a very inappropriate choice.
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring?
i do check to see if there's something funny about me, but if there isn't i try not to spend much time on an attempt to figure out why they stared. if i do take it a bit further i prefer to protect my self-confidence and interpret it in a positive sense though. why would you try and come up with silly little things that they might have found horrifying if there's no real proof of that? silly! breaks down your confidence for no reason. (i conclude i should practice what i preach more often haha)
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me?
no...

If you stare at strangers, why is that? Do you look away when they notice? :shifty:

Interesting topic of conversation..And quite a familiar one for me. I absolutely hate it when people stare at me. I understand the instinct, but it just irks me so...oh, how it bugs me:lol: The worst is when you get onto the subway train and every face turns around to see who just got on.

Sometimes, it's really funny though. I know that people aren't necessarily staring at me, but there are some days when so many stares are directed at me it really makes me wonder if there is anything on my face. :lol:

On my part, I am ocassionally quilty of staring at someone really outstanding. Some people, you just want to tell them how amazing they look, but just end up staring at them.:ninja:

Thank goodness for TFS then, where everyone is in the same boat, so you don't have to be shy to tell someone how amazing they look. :P

do you hope to get stared at..?
Yes
do you love the attention..?
Of Course!
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever?
Depends on the stare, it could be envy too :lol: ..kidding
I've always been skinny and I know sometimes they stare thinking "Anorexic" haha whatever I'm not so I don't care

do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway?
haha yes but I have my own style

do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to?
Depends on the person, If I check I check shoes

do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU?
it might seem that I ignore but I'm a very distractive person my mom could walk next or infront of me and I don't notice

do you hate people looking at you?
I would be worried if people didn't stared, so no I don't hate it

do you wish you could just be invisible?
NO!

No

do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers?
No

do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring?
On the contrary I feel more concious and sure of myself

does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?...
At the clubs it does

does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at?
¿?

Sometimes, it's really funny though. I know that people aren't necessarily staring at me, but there are some days when so many stares are directed at me it really makes me wonder if there is anything on my face. :lol:

I'm glad someone else does this. There are days I swear so many people stare at me (or in my general direction?) and I often wonder if I have a booger or something... ? :P

do you hope to get stared at..? no

do you love the attention..? i don't like the attention, but it makes me feel really good to inspire people to dress a little more creatively ^_^

do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever?
hopefully :P really though i have no idea

do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? no, i just walk really fast and try to get where i'm going quickly

do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? i never look random people on the street in the eye... i don't want to get that involved... but i frequently look at what people are wearing

do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? i do tend to ignore... more because i am generally totally spaced out, not because i'm conceited

do you hate people looking at you? i'm usually so oblivious that i never even know they're looking. i don't care either way.

do you wish you could just be invisible? YES.

do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? like i said, i don't really care either way if people look at me, because i never really notice/pay attention... but if i could choose then totally yes.

do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? not to escape, i just like to move quickly

do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? i don't feel self-conscious, but i am generally unsure of why they are staring. i'm not into staring at people at so i don't get why they're into staring at me :innocent:

does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... no

does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? generally no, unless it's a skeevy guy who thinks he has a chance :lol:

After all, Artists are obsessed by life and
by certain things that obsess them that they
want to record, so yes I stare ...
and I'll probably make you uncomfortable! :evil: ...

A performing artist requires a certain taste for exhibitionism,
So yes I also like to be stared at! :ninja: :innocent: ...

This is a really intresting thread, thanks soft

do you hope to get stared at..? No

do you love the attention..?? No, I usually want to hide in a corner if all attention is on me

do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? A few maybe becuase sometimes more guys stare than girls

do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? No.. lol.. I'm clumsy and trip and fall all the time heels or not

do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? I love to check out what people are wearing, but I dont usually make eye contact unless I'm interacting with the person or their cute and I'm flirting

do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? When I think people are staring b/c of what I'm wearing, I ignore it. People stare at my shoes a lot - sometimes I get compliments but sometimes I get weird stares - I dont care if I love them!

do you hate people looking at you? I doesnt make me feel bad about what I'd wearing but I still dont like staring. If I'm not wearing anything special and people stare I hate it.

do you wish you could just be invisible? No

do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? Like Ale said, thats what what sunglasses are for!

Usually no but guys sometimes stare at grocery stores and parking people stare and I do want to get in my car asap!

do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? If I'm wearing a dif. outfit or a short skirt, no, becuase I know why their staring... But otherwise it's like are there buggers on my face??

does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... No, I almost never get mad

does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? I dont know if it annoys me but it does sometimes make me feel a little uncomfortable

or are you completely oblivious and don't even notice it.... A lot of the time, YES... And then my boyfriend mentions and I turn around and I'm like "oh yeah..." :P

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad someone else does this. There are days I swear so many people stare at me (or in my general direction?) and I often wonder if I have a booger or something... ? :P
Oh yeah me too... It drives me crazy. And If I'm wearing a skirt or dress I'm always making sure that it's covering my butt completely, since I once had an experience where it did not. :doh: :ninja::blush:

I feel good! - With the exception of when I wear fur, I always get paranoid that they're going to come after me with red paint or something.

do you hope to get stared at..? i don't actually think about it and hope
do you love the attention..?? sure
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? not necessarily
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? not unless i'm on my way to or from a fashion show, then i might pick it up a bit :P
do you look people in the eye and check out what they are wearing too? sure
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? i only ignore everyone if i'm in a really bad mood or super tired
do you hate people looking at you? no
do you wish you could just be invisible? not at all
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? no
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? no
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? i know why they're staring...clothes or whatever
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? no

I always try to act oblivious. I am kind of derogatory towards myself, so I never assume people are thinking I'm anything but a weirdass lanky naturechild with waist length hair. Apparently, I am free range for shooting comments because my hair is so long (I can tuck it in my pants... hahah). I think stares can be flattering, but mostly they just make me feel really vulnerable.

it would be great to get some more responses here...
anyone else want to share their perspective or add anything to this?

do you hope to get stared at..? only when i know i've dressed up for this specific purpose - like going out to shop, to spend time with friends, even to work, etc. but i don't try to look good if i'm running errands, exercising, or with family :innocent:
do you love the attention..?? depends on the audience and environment - if the person looking at you is sketchy to begin with, it's not flattering, it's sickening...otherwise, it's a good thing.
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? i'd like to think i'm not that narcissistic
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? not normally, but depending on the group of friends I'm with, we might consciously do it
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? only if i'm intrigued...either trying to see if i could define who a stranger is by what they wear (obviously, it's never accurate...) or if I think there is something to be gained by their sense of style
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? no
do you hate people looking at you? i wouldn't say hate...but it certainly makes me self-conscious sometimes
do you wish you could just be invisible? no
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? if i stop and stare, then it's only fair :P
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? no
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? sometimes, but again it depends on the audience and the environment
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? no

do you hope to get stared at..? No, absolutely not.
do you love the attention..?? N-O no.
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? If it's a random person I don't even know, I frankly don't care because they might happen to have bad taste so who cares? I'm too oblivious to care anyway.
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? No.
do you look people in the eye and check out what they are wearing to? Too shy.
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? No. I just walk and I'm probably thinking about something that has nothing to do with myself and if I'm thinking of my surroundings it's usually because I want to take a picture of something or I see pretty flowers or well done graffiti/murals.
do you hate people looking at you? Yes, unless they're talking to me and have reason to look at me, or if it's someone I like.
do you wish you could just be invisible? Not really, but I might want to literally be invisible sometimes.
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? I people watch behind dark sunglasses.
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? Only once when some creep was looking at me.
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? Not much unless I feel frumpy that day.
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...? Depends.
does it annoy you...Staring in general, regardless of why, is actually kind of rude so kind of.

do you hope to get stared at..? sometimes
do you love the attention..?? its bit uncomfortable..
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? no.. probably think i'm crazy
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? sometimes (it's one of my secrets )
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? yes
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU?
i look around
do you hate people looking at you? no, i don't hate them,
do you wish you could just be invisible? no i luv being visible
i wish they look at me time to time, nothing is worse than wearing stylish outfit but no one seem to notice. and i luv checking out people's pretty outfit.
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? No
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? I don't mind that much
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... nope, i stare back (maybe she likes me :flower:)
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? hmm not much,

I guess its different for a girl, since you get the perverted stares as well often. When people stare at me they are either like "that guy is crazy" or "do you have an extra cigarette?"

sometimes i feel flattered...other times i feel self conscious..
i guess it depends how i'm already feeling...before i notice them staring...
they are just a reflection of me...i suppose..

do you hope to get stared at..? no...
do you love the attention..?? not particularly..but i suppose sometimes it can be flattering..
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? no...not at all...i dont claim to have any idea why they're looking...i'm sure there are endless possible reasons...
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? nope...
do you look people in the eye and check out what they are wearing to? i love to people-watch...i also like it when people make eye contact...and smile!....so i try to smile at people...and i like to see the way people put their clothes together...i dont look with judgement though...just curiosity...
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? no...
do you hate people looking at you? it depends how i feel...most of the time i dont mind...i look at other people too...sometimes it's nice to get confirmation that you're actually in the world....other times i want to be invisible...
do you wish you could just be invisible? ha...i answered the previous question without seeing this one....yes....some days i'd love to be invisible...just the observer...
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? yep...definitely some days i'd love to be the fly on the wall...but i guess it's only fair if we all get to look...
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? no, not generally...
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? sometimes...everyone has these days i think...
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... no...not mad...
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? no, not usually...unless i'm irritable and just looking for a reason to be cranky!...

:P..

do you hope to get stared at..? nope, it just happens from time to time. Depends on the expression on the person's face...:blink: i hate. but this :wub: is cool.
do you love the attention..?? No I hate being stared at...unless the person staring is hot and looks interested...:shifty:
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? it actually depends on how i feel...if i feel hot, then i know that people are looking because i look hot...if i feel dumpy and overly casual then i have those moments of wishing i wasn't being seen out...I definitely don't think that everyone staring thinks i'm hot. B) But i have been mistaken for celebrities :shock: part of living in LA i guess. :rolleyes:
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? again, only when i feel hot. and actually sometimes i get inspired to strut if i'm being stared at...
do you look people in the eye and check out what they are wearing to? i definitely check out what people have on and how they look in it, esp. since i live in a part of town where people range from stylish to trendy. Looking people in the eye is not something i love to do. culturally for me i think it's rude. but if someone is hot, i try to give it a shot.
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? sometimes i strut and people think i'm arrogant and they think i think it's all about me...but i never think that myself.
do you hate people looking at you? no, unless i'm dressed bummy
do you wish you could just be invisible? depends on the situation. sometimes i want to stare at people but don't want them to know i'm staring...so i wish i were invisible. but usually i like being seen. especially when i look good.
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? i like checking out other people but i don't wish no one would look at me.
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? nope. but i don't waste time. i walk briskly just 'cause.
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? occasionally, like if i know i didn't take time to look good in the morning...other than that...no
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... i only get mad if people are giving me a rude look. i hate when people look like...who are you? but that's rare.
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? no, i have a unique look so, i'm used to getting stared at.

do you hope to get stared at..? admiring glances are nice, but when dressing myself i don't think in terms of "how will people react to this?"... it plays no part in deciding what to wear.
do you love the attention..?? if i recognize it as being positive attention, then yes, it feels good!
do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? absolutely not. most of the time i can differentiate "approving" looks vs. dirty looks.
do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? i think i appear confident, but i don't strut.
do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? i don't consciously look strangers in the eye- maybe i do- but if i'm attracted to someone's outfit that's mainly what i'm looking at.
do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? no. i enjoy coming across cool outfits that inspire me in some way.
do you hate people looking at you? no. for the most part i would rather be noticed than not at all. however some people are totally shameless in staring for long periods of time, making it clear that they think my outfit is strange, etc. i don't like that.
do you wish you could just be invisible? sometimes if i'm in a bad mood, but i try not to let my appearance reflect that.
do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? no, i'm fine with exchanging looks
do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? if i realize once i'm out that i made an obvious poor choice in clothing, then yes, but this doesn't happen too often.
do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? i try not to dwell on it. for all i know, they could be thinking of the exact opposite so why bother?
does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... if they downright GLARE, giggle, make a face, etc.
does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? same as above
or are you completely oblivious and don't even notice it.... i'm pretty aware of my surroundings so i notice..

do you hope to get stared at..? No.

do you love the attention..?? No, but I do think sometimes it makes me feel good about myself.

do you think that everyone who is looking at you probably thinks you're 'hot'...or 'cool' or whatever? No.

do you strut down the street acting like it's a runway? No.

do you look people in the eye andd check out what they are wearing to? If they intrest me for sure. Usually other women, rarely men.

do you just strut and ignore everyone because it's all about YOU? No.

do you hate people looking at you? I don't love it but I wouldn't say Hate either.

do you wish you could just be invisible? Not forever, but I think I would like it sometimes.

do you love checking out other people but wish no one would look at you? No. That's not fair.

do you rush quickly from destination to destination to escape those prying eyes of strangers? No, I rush b/c I am always running late.

do you feel self-conscious-unsure of why people are staring? Sometimes

does it make you mad-*you lookin' at me...?... Sometimes

does it annoy you...*what?..what are you staring at? If it's some young little sheep in Ugg boots then, Hell Yeah!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->