New York Magazine Spring Fashion February 25, 2008 : Lindsay Lohan by Bert Stern

I think these pictures could have been done so wonderfully but they just turned out horrid. Maybe if it was done by someone else, I don't know. I like the idea that her body isn't rail thin and pretending to do a Marilyn tribute because I think those are laughable. But her face and her expressions are just atrocious. :sick:

Bert Stern has lost it. How could they use Lindsay when she's such an Elizabeth Taylor look-alike and couldn't be like Marilyn in a million years.

Britney on the other hand, has it in her. Scarlett has the body, but not the fragility...

Last edited by a moderator:
She's beyond tacky and these pictures are just gross......

Bert Stern has lost it. How could they use Lindsay when she's such an Elizabeth Taylor look-alike and couldn't be like Marilyn in a million years.

Britney on the other hand, has it in her. Scarlett has the body, but not the fragility...

Lindsay's POP cover was much better as Liz, as was her Interview cover by Karl. But honestly she needs to stop copying these older stars, she is way too desperate to come off all tragic and fascinating to the public...

^^He is a hack that would do anything which brings the cash in,thats always been the case.Never liked his Vogue covers and his other work either,he has made a fortune out of Monroe and that last sitting,i doubt he would still be around if he didnt exploit the fact that he was the last photogrpaher who took her pictures.

This would have worked if it was Lindsay as Lindsay. Not trying to be anyone else or capture their essence. She's no Marilyn - she lacks the frailty, she's no Liz (I loathed those pictures) - she lacks the sensuality. She's a little girl who has been in and out of adult situations to the point where its aged her and I'm not talking about her face when I say that. I'm not interested in some one pretending to be something they're not - nude photography at its best can be staggeringly honest but these pictures just seem a bit pointless. They aren't beautiful, they aren't relevant, they aren't even particularly flattering. Instead of trying conjure the allure of an icon they could have gone in the opposite direction and attempted to encapsulate the public's current fascination with Lindsay.

As for the nudity - I'm glad they didn't airbrush everything into the oft repeated plastic Barbie nudity that we see in every other magazine. I'll take freckles over orange spray tan any day of the week. I'll give them credit for that - these could have been softer (her face looks haggard in some) but the overall presentation isn't bad. I always liked that particular Stern sitting of Marilyn - it was iconic. This doesn't do it justice though.

DEAR GOD! AS IF HER CAREER WASN'T OVER ENOUGH!!
Is she trying to revive it or something? It's a little early to pose nude Lindsay...you can do that when your 50 like other hasbeen actresses :rofl:

Comparing Marilyn to Lindsay is beyond ludicrous. Marilyn was a stylish iconic beauty. Lindsay is a wannabe "actress" with a pushy stage mom.
Disgusting. she was probably drunk when these pictures where taken. :innocent:

She grew up fast :innocent:

lindsbx2.png
LLRocks.com

This would have worked if it was Lindsay as Lindsay
I agree with you. So far, all the replies here are negative and other websites. Come on, Lindsay is not desperate. Bert Stern wanted to shot her and she agrees; that's all.

TRIPPING THROUGH GARDEN
Photographed by Jeff Riedel
Stylist: Harriet Mays Powell
Hair: Pasquale Ferrante
Makeup: Devra Kinney
Model: Zuzana Lettrichova

source | nymag

very colourfull and busy. In tune with what we've already seen eds and ads wise.

HOT LITTLE NUMBERS
Photographed by Burkhard Schittny
Hair: Leon Gorman
Makeup: Susan McCarthy
Model: Reka

source | nymag

^Not very original but it looks good.

if Lindsay had any career to kill, this would have done it. But she doesn't anymore.

with that said, why is she even getting all these magazine covers since she isn't in anything

Lindsay is unbelievable. I cannot believe the audacity; that she would actually claim to be this 'new Monroe' is disgusting and smacks very badly of the worst kind of desperation and delusion.

Anyone who has actually seen the original photos of Monroe by Stern knows there is in no way any resemblance between the two shoots. I am offended that New York magazine would equate the Monroe photos with such a gaudy and lewd shoot. Marilyn looked ethereal, troubled, vulnerable. Lindsay looks terrible and frankly like she's in a drunk Myspace photo.

Lindsay is such trash and she will never be anything like Monroe. I wish she would shutup, go back to Long Island and work in the mall so we could never hear about her again.

And I can't believe Bert Stern agreed to do this; he needs a good slap upside the head. I'm surprised that an artist would agree to 're-do' some of their greatest work to appease a D-list has been; is he in need of money?

FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY
Photograhed by Andreas Sjodin
Hair: John Ruidant
Makeup: Rie Omoto
Models: Devon Teuscher and Melanie Hamrick, dancers, American Ballet Theatre

source | nymag

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members