Interview May 2010 : Madonna by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

I don't find anything exciting about this editorial, covers are good but expectable from Interview, i'm not surprised by the covers. Though thanks for posting all the HQ's Pedro.

Absolutely one of my favourite Madonna shoots ever! Absolutely gorgeous, unrivaled star power. She works it like nobody can. I'm amazed at those pictures, true works of art, but who would expect anything less when great forces join hands like M&M and M do!

I love it. Simple and effective.

She should write Ryan Murphy, the creator of Glee a big hefty check for the insanely huge career revitalization that show has given her.

This is just ridiculous. Her tour from last year was the biggest grossing tour by a female artist ever and by far. Her albums still sell very well and she scores hit after hit ( in europe anyway)..she's always been relevant and she will always be relevant....because shes one fierce b*tch.

The cover is A MA ZING

She better be glad photoshop was created! LMAO But she looks great.

This is just ridiculous. Her tour from last year was the biggest grossing tour by a female artist ever and by far. Her albums still sell very well and she scores hit after hit ( in europe anyway)..she's always been relevant and she will always be relevant....because shes one fierce b*tch.

The cover is A MA ZING

Of course Madonna is relevant, and astonishingly popular, but Glee has certainly added to her already huge fanbase. I know alot of people, myself included, that have a renewed interest in her. It spiked the sales of her music, was hugely publicized, and the soundtrack to that episode sold in it's first few days almost half of what Madonna's latest album has sold to date. In fact, if Madonna didn't stand to gain hugely from this, then why did she gift her entire catalog to Glee? Easily worth Million of dollars, and yet she gave it to them free. It was a win-win for all involved.

Anyways, Interview is just proving again and again that it's the greatest magazine on earth.

she's back to the Bedtime Stories era...so fierce!

Though is clear the use of photoshop I like that she looks more her age than a 20 years old, like in other pictures.
Thanks for the pics :smile:
any news on other content?

Madonna is beautiful is a world heritage, we must always graced it with existing

In the first picture of post #55, can anyone tell what is on Madonna's lower waist and hip? It looks like a faded snake skin tattoo of some sort. It looks so cool but I can't figure out what it is. Anybody know?

Why? Why do Mert & Marcus portray her as this unlined creature? What's so wrong with Madonna being a woman of 51?

I feel sorry for the retouchers who had to work on this, no doubt they are feeling the effects of carpal tunnel from all the dodge & burning they had to do.

Digging this! If this editorial is any indication of the style direction Madonna is headed, I'm excited: Very old-school 1st album Madonna meets "Sex" era Madonna-- and yet it works for her at 51. Can finally forget about the embarrassing "Hard Candy" period once and for all.

Mert & Marcus' approach has always been highly-stylized, so I don't mind the "unlined" Madonna they created. She is a surreal creature of re-invention, after all. In her words: "It's all just an illusion..."

Woah this is probably the best images I've seen of Madonna. Stunned at how well it's turned out.
Can't even pick a favourite, because there is so many terrific shots! Kudos Mert & Marcus.

Woah this is probably the best images I've seen of Madonna. Stunned at how well it's turned out.
Can't even pick a favourite, because there is so many terrific shots! Kudos Mert & Marcus.
I agree. I have never seen her pictured so well...

Just one word to describe both covers, AMAZING. I can't even choose which is better. Though the second one with the crucifix kind of gets my attention first. But nevertheless, both covers look amazing! This is how you shoot a celebrity. :wink:

Her ed. is simply gorgeous! Did we just go back to the Erotica era? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->