Kate Moss (Please put any and all Kate related gossip in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in from Acid:

YSL is off

I saw a pic from that campain..she looks really good in a black bikini!

^^ :rolleyes:

Great news,but I'm sorry that YSL is off :( oh well.

Tushka_BeLLa said:
Cavalli is an excellent choice .... trashy just like Kate

..............says the girl with the britney spears avatar. :innocent:

I wonder where she lives in St John's Wood? It is small, she can't be far from me. Over years you figure out where McCartney, Gallagher and co live because they give press interviews on their doorstep plus you see them coming in and out... I have never figured out where Kate lives though I have seen her a couple of times years ago.

smartarse said:
I've said this before and will say it again, as much as I love Kate and that she's a great model, it is disturbing that the Fashion World is sending the wrong message that it's "OK to be a druggie, get caught. You will still have a job and will be bigger than before". This post isn't about how good of a model she is, it's the message that is behind it. B)

A thought experiment: Use the same argument on rock/pop music and see which bands it'd leave you with if you excluded the users. Now, what message is that sending out?

The message with bringing Kate back full on is that there is at least one model who is important enough that she can make a very public mistake and come back to be successful - just like any other talented, appreciated person could - like scientists, painters, politicians, actors, agents, writers and countless musicians have been awarded, sired and celebrated after they've come back from bad behaviour.

Last edited by a moderator:
iluvjeisa said:
A thought experiment: Use the same argument on rock/pop music and see which bands it'd leave you with if you excluded the users. Now, what message is that sending out?

The message with bringing Kate back full on is that there is at least one model who is important enough that she can make a very public mistake and come back to be successful - just like any other talented, appreciated person could - like scientists, painters, politicians, actors, agents, writers and countless musicians have been awarded, sired and celebrated after they've come back from bad behaviour.

^ ditto! Very well put!!!!!:flower: Karma to you!

Johnny Depp Defends Kate Moss

Johnny Depp says he was appalled by the vilifying of his ex-girlfriend Kate Moss after pictures of her allegedly snorting cocaine were published in Britain.

"The first thing that went through my mind was I was concerned for her, hoping that she was OK and that she and her baby were OK," said Depp, 42, who dated the supermodel for four years until 1998.
"No. 2 was just being appalled and shocked at the kind of vicious attacks," Depp said in an interview Friday with a British morning TV show.

"She's super sharp, really smart and (has) got a great heart. She's a good mum, and she just happens to be human, and the press wouldn't allow that, and that's unforgivable."

Moss, 31, recently left a U.S. rehab clinic and was reunited with her 3-year-old daughter, Lila Grace. Moss lost several modeling contracts after the photographs were published, but her career appears to be back on track: she appears on the cover of this month's "Vanity Fair" magazine and recently shot a new campaign for designer Roberto Cavalli.

Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/20051111/113173836000.html

I also read somewhere on the web today that Burberry's Chris Bailey said that he never backed back on her and that she still is a member of the Burberry family...

Will we now witness an apology from the fashion houses that dropped her??????:innocent:

^ Thanks! I'm glad Depp backed her up :smile: I always thought they were the most compatible image-wise...
melt977 said:
Will we now witness an apology from the fashion houses that dropped her??????:innocent:
Haha...jeez...pretty much expected tho. Kate IS irreplaceable.
I guess many of these decisions were made by the corporate bosses rather than the designers themselves, so I guess Chris Bailey's comments can be justified. I hope Kate does Burberry again tho...i LOVE her campaigns for them. ^_^

Source: Brand Republic

Burberry latest fashion brand to stand by Kate Moss

by Sam Matthews Brand Republic 11 Nov 2005LONDON -

Burberry has come out publicly in support of Kate Moss, describing reports the supermodel was being dropped by the fashion brand as 'nonsense'.

In an interview with the Evening Standard, Christopher Bailey, Burberry's creative director said reports the fashion label were dropping Moss were nonsense.
"There has been so much nonsense in the press about Burberry dropping Kate -- it really is all nonsense," he said.
Moss has starred in nine out of 16 of Burberry's campaigns since 1998.
Bailey goes on to call the 31-year-old supermodel, who has just completed a month of rehabilitation in an Arizona clinic after the Daily Mirror printed pictures of her snorting cocaine, as "part of our family" and "one of the best models in the world".
"Is Kate still part of our family? Absolutely," Bailey said.
"Yes, she has some issues that she probably needs to resolve, but don't we all? She's living in the public eye -- but she's a model, and she's probably the best one ever in the world. And she's a good, good person inside."
Bailey also praises Moss for being a complete professional.
"She has always been incredibly professional -- and that girl works, she really works," he saud.
Bailey also quashed rumours that Jude Law's on/off girlfriend and 'Alfie' star Sienna Miller is set to fill Moss's shoes.
"No, Sienna is not in the new ad campaign. We can definitely say that."
Following the publication of the Mirror's pictures, Croydon-born Moss issued a public apology in an attempt to stem damage to her career, and vowed to sort out her life.
She reportedly lost up to £4m in earnings, with the loss of several lucrative contracts including H&M and Chanel.
At the time of the allegations, Burberry said it had never had a contract with the model, simply that Moss had worked on various projects, with one due for the autumn that was "mutually" decided by Moss and the fashion house would not go ahead.
Since coming out of rehab, Moss has appeared on the front cover of Vanity Fair and is set to guest edit French Vogue.
Famed photographer Mario Testino has come out in support of Moss saying she is not "tormented, torrid or depressed" and should not be judged by 10 minutes of her life.
This week, Moss packed up the contents of her £2m St John's Wood house and moved to her country farmhouse with daughter Lila Grace, reportedly to escape her hedonistic London lifestyle.

^^ How convenient for Burberry to say that now. Why din't they come out with that at the time of the scandal?

^exactly! can you say HYPOCRITES!? :rolleyes:

when the scandal broke and kate most needed people standing up for her, they (burberry included) all distanced themselves from her like she had some sort of viral desease, but now that she's out of rehab and that other companies (like cavalli) want her in THEIR campaign, surprise surprise, they take back what they initially had said. or just flat out deny it. they realize people are slowly "forgiving" and forgetting about the coke thing and also that kate means lucrative business and they cannot afford to drop her. hmm :innocent:

Fashion Houses still hooked on Kate Moss

From the Guardian.co.uk

By:[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Imogen Fox, assistant fashion editor
Saturday November 12, 2005

[/FONT]It seems that Kate Moss herself is a potent drug. Not two months after several big fashion brands distanced themselves from the supermodel following tabloid allegations of cocaine abuse, the industry is proclaiming its undying love for Kate.
At the time, commentators speculated that Moss was just too good a model, and too lucrative a brand, for the scandal to have any long term detrimental effects on her multimillion pound career.
They are apparently being proved right. Christopher Bailey, creative director of Burberry, was quoted on Thursday as saying it was "nonsense" that Burberry had ever dropped Moss.

She has appeared in nine out of 16 Burberry ads since 1998, but was never actually dumped, because she was never contracted as the sole face of the label.
Several other brands are reaping the publicity rewards of backing her. The Italian label Roberto Cavalli quickly released shots of her advertising its new collection days after she left a clinic in Arizona. Rimmel stood by her too, as did French Vogue, whose December issue she guest edited.
H&M was the first to drop Moss from a campaign; the decision massively raised awareness of the line in question, which sold out in hours last week.
Jane Bruton, editor of Grazia, said: "Everyone has been waiting to see what she'd be like when she came out of rehab. There's no other model in the world who has such appeal ... Every time we put her picture on the cover, it lies." Louise Chunn, editor of In Style, said: "It's partly that's she is too big to drop, but also everyone loves a comeback. She is such a great chameleon, which is an incredibly valuable thing in modelling."

I'm so happy for kate!!! :clap:

and hypocrisy, what can you expect? The 1/5 of Fashion is hypocrisy...

And I'm so happy about depp backing her up, I really really really hope they get back together, they're like, the clickest couple on camera in the world... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->