Knitting!

I just bought

10 ball of cotton yarn
5 pair of knitting needles
1 knitting book

The knitting book actually scares me a bit..all the knitting I've done previously have been VERY simple..but I'm so intriqued by the fancy patterns..and daunted by the explanations.

that'll take a while..I can knit plain but not purl..the instructions to do purl make no sense to me..:doh:

I love the hat you knitted! I crochet better than I knit.. I've got so many scarves I've made lying around the house. I did just pick up one of the knit looms (Not sure if they're actually called that), and so I am hoping I can get some good things from it.

Hanne said:
that'll take a while..I can knit plain but not purl..the instructions to do purl make no sense to me..:doh:

i got my mam to teach me think i'v forgotten how to now think i'v forgotten how to cast on too! i should really start knitting again!

glad that worked out for you cowboyboots...
super easy ...right??...

Aziandoll said:
I just taught myself to knit just right after the holidays by buying several books. I do know what you mean by having someone show you. I called up a friend of mine who knows how to knit, and she corrected some of the things that I was doing wrong.
The best part knowing how to knit or crochet is making one of a kind items. :woot:
Anyhow, good luck to you!

Thank you Aziandoll :flower: ..sorry it took me so long to get back to you..I must somehow have missed your post.

Somebody show me how to do this!!!!! :crazy:

SNOW_SMALL_367x250.jpg

Looking at it, it looks like a rib stitch and then tassels attached to the four edges. Tassels are really really easy to do. I think you would have to make sure you invested in some good wool. To get that kind of look, buy the wool and whatever size needles the instructions instructs to use, buy the size above it and knit on a loose tension (i.e. If the wool says to use 8mm needles, then buy 9mm)
It looks fab, I might have a go!! Really really nice! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Fashion Puss - Thanks :flower: I would love to see it if you make it. But I have two questions...One - where are the instructions :wink: Two - How do I get the different colors (within the same row)? Is it part of the yarn or is it woven in? Can you tell I am not an expert? Thanks in advance :heart:

I guess I will answer my own question...Heehee :smile:
They must sell the yarn to get that multicolor affect

stonsky.jpg

9f_2.JPG

Sephora_Socialite said:
I'm learning how to knit...right now ,together with the lady whos teaching me, we're making a scarf for someone....

Hopefully I'll get to a point I can do this on my own.

You are a wonderful knitter Sephora!!! :flower::flower::flower::woot::P:clap::kiss:

i found the first scarf i ever knitted its so long and comfy!^_^

and heres me wearing it.:blush:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ thank you!:flower: i love the colour aswell a really royal blue but its doesnt go with any of my coats so i dont really wear it, although it is so comfy.

i started this thread a little while ago after i finished a scarf for my friend. here it is:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20335

let me know what you think! i'm currently knitting a scarf for one of our own, ChristannChanell :heart:

ps.. the color of your scarf is beautiful cowboyboots...it looks great on you! you should wear it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->