Knitting!

I'm gettin the hang of knitting now..the little baby vest I'm making is coming along..and it definately looks homemade :innocent: and not machinemade with the unevenness of my knitting, the little opps'es here and there..I try to convince myself it only adds character to the vest :innocent:

I'm starting to get a hang of knitting..the baby vest I'm making is coming along.

It definately looks homemade and not machinemade with the unevenness of my knitting and the oopps's here and there..I'm trying to convince myself it adds character to the vest :innocent:

This is one of the scarves i've knitted, I didn't want to make it a wrap round one, so I decided to thread a ribbon threw the middle to keep the 2 ends together...

This is a small peach scarf I knitted, pictures are pretty low quality since i took them from a current picture, I use a small gold and pearl brooch in the centre to hold it in place...

amy they're Gorgeous . I want one so bad. Im inspired to learn to kn it. ive tried on several occasions with the help of stich n b*tch but never quite got the knack of it.

^ thanks :flower: oh just go for it, it's so easy once you start, especially for simple stuff like scarves. No one in your family knit? I found it easy just learning of my mam

yeah my mum can shes just not the best teacher lol ill ask her again i think

i'm currently working on a scarf for cowboyboots..i promise it's almost done! :smile:

i just taught my mom to knit and i'm sure she's going to get better than me in no time. it's so relaxing!

wow. i have been so inspired by this thread. i had been taught to knit by my babysitter as a child, but she never taught me to purl! i picked it up again last winter over a break-up and it was so healing for me. i love it now and can't wait to try new things.

i love the knit/crochet stuff by prada, rick owens, doo-ri... but of course until i learn to increase and decrease i guess i'll have to stick to scarves :lol: i really want to make a wrap sweater in rick owens style. and some cloche hats with crocheted adornments. and a bikini!

anyway, thanks for the inspiration people! i can't wait to pick up my needles again, and check out the websites.

meme

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm so excited for you meme! i can't wait to see what you make. i wasn't taught how to purl either, so i just got really good at knitting then taught myself. it's just another stitch, but it makes such a difference with how your piece looks. i personally like the K1 P2 look! :lol:

so, like i said, i taught my mom how to knit and now she's a genius. figures.

she found that knitting 2 strands of yarn together onto one needle makes pretty stripey patterns. i don't know why i didn't think of it!

has anyone tried this?
gmail

i love the seed stitch, it feels so good under your fingers.

i did knit two strands together but it became too bulky and i didn't have a larger set of needles, so it was a little unwieldy.

i found a pattern for a cropped sweater that i am going to try, as my first project that isn't somewhat rectangular. i have experimented with changing size by changing stitches - a ribbed stitch is narrower than a seed stitch, right? - but i still have a lot to learn. i'm excited, though.

glad this thread is resurrected!

meme

i've been dying to make a slit scarf for as long as i've been knitting but could never really figure out how, but i think i finally did and i'm going to start one soon!

i can only knit straight lines (like scarfs) and that's ok with me...they're so easy and so so practical. i plan on knitting all summer so i have a surplus for winter!

if you want any help on the slit scarf, i have a few things that have worked for me!

meme i did it i did it! :woot:

i just finished it!

thank you so much for your help! now i'm a slit-scarf making maniac!

:lol:

francesca tht is super cute ! :heart:
my knitting skillz suck right now :doh:
havn't knitted (?) for ages :lol: !

francesca, that is beautiful! i love it:clap: and in white too....

which stitch did you use, and what size needles? i love the texture and the ribbing.

i made one this weekend as well, in a green furry yarn, and i'm working on another one. i think i'm going to make little purses and stuff as well, i got really inspired. but i don't have a camera....

yay for francesca! i'm so glad i could help:D

meme

yay-yay!

i did K1 P2, it is 24 wide, and i used size 8 needles. i'm not really sure if i did it correctly, but it works, so i guess it's right! :lol:

i'm so excited! thanks so much for your help! i think i'm going to make a longer, turquoise one next.

:heart:

thanks chanel! i re-taught myself how last year after having not knit for like, 10 or something, and believe me..it was the best decision i've made in a long time!

:lol:

it's really relaxing, especially when it's pouring rain out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->