Louis Vuitton F/W 10.11 : Christy, Karen, & Natalia by Steven Meisel

Simple, classic and supermodel what else i can ask more.

Natalia is a super special model, she merges with each photograph as if it belonged to that story. The same in this campaign.

It's a mutable model, is coupled to each context, look at how different it's the lady in the editorial of Peter Lindbergh to the lady of Louis Vuitton.

The lady of Peter Lindberg's editorial, it's a bit dirty and bloody, even has a Soviet touch.

The lady of this campaign it's classic, exemplary, superb.

The same model.

Beautiful photographs.

I love it. I hoped for a different setting (more walk-in closet, less backstage) but the end product is immaculate, as expected.

This is so simple yet so stunning and all 3 girls totally compliment each other.
They are all classically beautiful.....and I do include Karen when I say this, as she has totally transformed from her quirky late 90's look into this.
Also a campaign that shows off the clothes and displays them in the perfect environment. Very impressed. :heart:

This campaign is the best I have seen so far for Fall/Winter 10.11. The three models look amazing and there's such a refined elegance in all the ads. Superb!

I adore it...Karen is really beautiful and I totally love the make-up.
It reminds me an editorial for Us Vogue by Meisel, I love It!!!

Thanks so much for the HQs Bengt! :woot:

I freakin love this. I love the classic 50s feeling. Reminds me of Judy Garland. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
love it

just saw the lot on FASHIOGONEROGUE website and fell in love.
Such poise and grace in each of them and the bags looks like instant classics. as for the dresses, wooooow.:heart:
3 mega supermodels and Meisel ............can't ask for more.

I fell in love with this collection:wub::wub::wub: but i feel like i expected something more chic to this campaign...I am a bit disappointed:cry:

So it does get more beautiful.. I find this campaign incredibly captivating, to say the least.
The concept compliments the collection so well. It kinda tells a story, there is so much to look at.

they all look very beautiful, they're glowing!, but dated concept and honestly boring :(

wow! I didn't know it was going to turn out this great! Phenomenal! It looks so classic! Natalia does it for me, she looks so radiant and gorgeous.

I really like this ad, great concept. And the cast is great.

I came back hoping that someone's insight would sway me, but unfortunately after several visits I still have yet to find anything inspiring or moving about anything we've seen thus far. Clearly, it was an intention to make these feel 'Old Hollywood' and I do think the styling, hair and make-up is successful in that respect but the set looks so unprofessionally contrived. The placement of the bags, shoes/shoeboxes and other miscellaneous props just make the images feel so cluttered. The reflections in the mirror just give the impression that they were working in such a tight space that I feel claustrophobic just looking at these.

I think the biggest problem for me is the boring, incandescent flat light which totally ruin the colors (maybe it could have been intentional to suit the theme, but it's not working for me). It looks like the only additional light source used was a strobe. It doesn't look classic but, as someone else mentioned, just dated. The whole campaign just looks so rushed. I don't even feel like these ladies have their usual special shine; they look stunning for sure, but I should definitely be more wowed after seeing Christy, Karen and Natalia oiled up, looking flawless like this. Normally, I'd be the last to admit that another photographer would have suited the brand more appropriately, but I think that Mert & Marcus would have worked with this type of styling and art direction better. Maybe they would have felt a little too similar to S/S 08, but I would have preferred anything else over this.

I do see think they look like they could be movie stills, but not movie stills from a movie that I'd want to see. Hopefully they'll look better in print..after all, things usually do.

Also, the color in these put me so much more in the mind of Meisel's Alberta Ferretti ads, namely SS09, which was heaps better.

i loooove the cast but i don't feel the same about those images... they look good but i find them boring and there's also something missing. i don't exactly know what it is, maybe it's the styling and this whole atmosphere. lagerfeld's story for bazaar was much more cooler than this campaign.
i was expecting something edgier, they didn't take as much risks as they used to do with mert and marcus.

its just so pretty! sometimes thats all a campaign needs- a nice does of pretty. karen is the star here, can't wait to see it in print!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->