Louis Vuitton F/W 10.11 : Christy, Karen, & Natalia by Steven Meisel

Oh shoot! I was literally like this when I first saw the the two images on the first page "O". :D

This is just breathtaking! Such a glamorous representation of the collection which I loved by the way. Christy, Natalia and Karen all look classy and elegant! But honestly, my eyes went straight to Karen. She's just a stand-out in this! :heart: This reminds me of Meisel's The Godfather portrait shot with his muses on the May 2009 issue of US Vogue (Because of the setting).

Thanks for the HQs Bengt! :flower: This is definitely one of the best F/W 10 campaigns so far.

Christy, karen and natalia looks stunning. but this concept, i do not know.

usually i dislike anything that has Natalia in it but this one can do no wrong,
Meisel hit all the right marks here, for once. this ad is just sensational.

I love this. They all look stunning! Almost unreal. I really like the color palette here, so nice and soft.

Honestly, its beautiful but its so so so boring. I feel like I've seen this idea before and seen it done more effectively too.

Mert&Marcus worked best for Vuitton, in my opinion. Nothing will beat Spring 2006 with Gisele and Snejana. Or Fall 2006 with all the 'supermodels'.

Yes, definitely it has a lot of digital retouch. I hate it when they say they are casting older models because they want to project a more mature image, but then they photoshop the models (especially Christy) to dead. She doesn’t look as beautiful as she is here, she looks like a wax doll, and that glossy make up doesn’t help too much.

I also agree with the one who said the background looks a bit messy, it’s deliberated for sure, but it’s not really well achieved… And I’m not too fond on those static posses either, they don't work here.

Anyway I do love the very first picture posted in the first page, the composition is beyond! The rest of the shots aren’t awful at all, but, as someone said before, there’s something missing…

All right, those are utterly perfect for me. I just love the backstage room setting :wub:

Looks so much better in HQ. Thanks for those pics, bengt.

Natalia looks to be out of place again. Why is she so weak in ads, not like in eds? It's such a mystery to me.

igreed with you helmut.newton need back Mert + Marcus have better idea is very boring to me the models are perfect the photo is good but the idea ,the concept , the styling is very used by Merisel and many photographers nothing new

This looks better than the actual collection, although that's not saying much IMO. Still, the girls look great and I can imagine how beautiful they'd look together without so much photoshop!

Absolutely love this campaign. Probably this will be one of top 3 campaigns of the season. Well done Steven!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, no wonder Karen's boobs look bigger cos I had actually said " I didnt know Karen's breasts were that big..."

"A a celebration of women", so does the celebration mean faking them and making them feel less by retouching their boobs so they can look more luxurious and elegant?

actually found another 2 mistakes in the 3rd image posted on the 1st page :lol:

2884lzd.jpg

this will be hours of fun!

I mentioned that before. :flower: Christy's hands position is also wrong in the reflection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and I forgot to mention Natalia's face in the mirror, I think it's another mistake. The lamps look quite weird in the mirror too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->